Author Topic: LAST CAN  (Read 1076 times)

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LAST CAN
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
Great to have you here David! First thing you'll wanna do is check out the Welcome Center, located at the top left of the page on the forums here. This will tell you what KTC's business is all about- how we post roll, where to do it, why we do it, and why it WORKS. Check it out and familiarize yourself with the topics in the WC. The WC is your KTC bible, it keeps you in line.

Once you've done that, head on over to the quit groups forum and post your day (10) in the May 2012 Quit Group. The fellers in here, along with everyone on the site, will become your brothers. It's as simple as that. Posting roll is your promise not to use for that day. Fulfill that promise, and then wake up and repeat the next morning. This is how we avoid becoming complacent.

A few other tips I might recommend.. Read on this site. Read so much that one would think reading is actually enjoyable. The more you read, the stronger your quit. It's proven. Check out the Live Chatroom located on the upper right part of the page. You will have to re-register for this, but you will always be able to find quit brothers in there to talk if you need advice etc.

Lastly, come up with a QUIT PLAN. What will you do when you get a craving for a fat lipper? Who will you talk to, who will you text, what will you do? Have these things planned to avoid failure. In saying this, it's important to FORM BONDS with your quit family. Exchange numbers, visit chat, troll around the forums and interact. Don't just be a "post roll and bolt" kinda dude. The more you invest, the stronger you'll become.

I quit with you today David. Don't hesitate to PM me if you need a number or have any other questions or comments.

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
Quote from: miller_david1
Hello guys and gals, name's David, Ive chewed for about 7 years, and so I've had the thought to quit about 20 times, I've attempted to quit about 10 times and none serious enough to stop apparently. BUT on 2/16/2012 I carved "LAST CAN" into my Grizzly can, with my knife, letting me know I was done for good. AND as of that date when the can was gone at approximately 10:00pm I have not touched another dip, chew, or anything even close. My poor friends, family, and fellow employees have had to suffer, I feel bad, but they have no idea what I (WE) have gone through. 10 days in and I am proud of myself, no faults, no cheats, plenty of tooth picks and mints but no tobacco. The cravings hit less now but still too frequent, I need the support as all of us do on here, I wont start again and are forever a quiter of tobacco till I die; please give me and others your support cause Lord knows I need it. Thanks

PS-So long smoke shop and wasted cans of Grizzly, I shall never miss you but always enjoy my freedom...
Glad you joined us. Read up, learn all you can about the site, how we do things - especially the signing of roll - wat QUIT means to us, and how to gain the most support from this site.

Get support from brothers in your class - get numbers - and be willing to use those numbers BEFORE you absolutely need them.
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »
Quote from: miller_david1
Hello guys and gals, name's David, Ive chewed for about 7 years, and so I've had the thought to quit about 20 times, I've attempted to quit about 10 times and none serious enough to stop apparently. BUT on 2/16/2012 I carved "LAST CAN" into my Grizzly can, with my knife, letting me know I was done for good. AND as of that date when the can was gone at approximately 10:00pm I have not touched another dip, chew, or anything even close. My poor friends, family, and fellow employees have had to suffer, I feel bad, but they have no idea what I (WE) have gone through. 10 days in and I am proud of myself, no faults, no cheats, plenty of tooth picks and mints but no tobacco. The cravings hit less now but still too frequent, I need the support as all of us do on here, I wont start again and are forever a quiter of tobacco till I die; please give me and others your support cause Lord knows I need it. Thanks

PS-So long smoke shop and wasted cans of Grizzly, I shall never miss you but always enjoy my freedom...
Great choice!

Go ahead and start posting roll in May. Once you post roll you are a quitter like the rest of us. We support you 100%!

Successful quitters post roll and educate themselves and only worry about TODAY. Lean on this site, there are thousands of quitters ready to help. PM me if you need anything.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline miller_david1

LAST CAN
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:21:00 AM »