Author Topic: New here  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New here
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 02:31:00 PM »
NOmad is on Roll!!!!!!!
Well done.
Do it early every morning.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 533
I believe.....

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
Welcome. Good job on posting roll! Read up on quitting everywhere you can, and drink a lot of water.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline baseballbrett

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:46:00 AM »
Quote from: n0mad
I'm a newbie. Been chewing for about 16 years I guess. I quit for 6 months about 2 years ago then picked it back up. I told myself I was going to quit for good years ago when my daughter was born, but I didn't. Last night I said it's enough, time to be a man and stop this before it kills me. So as of this post I'm around 13 hours clean. I can do this.

Good to be here, I appreciate everyone's help and support. Not sure I understand the daily posting routine but I'll figure it out. Believe I'm in the August group.
Welcome n0mad and Highton. I'm glad you all have decided to quit. I recently did too. I really didn't want to, but nicotine has been my master for 11 years, and I just want some damn freedom. Click here for a video showing you how to post roll. You should post roll every morning. It has helped me keep my commitment by making the promise every 24 hours. One day at a time (ODAAT).

If you guys need anything, feel free to PM me. We are the same start class. Keep wading through the fog and keep reading the stuff on this site. It also helps if you encourage other new folks.

Offline BunnB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-16
  • Interests: Football, Hockey, sports, golf, weight lifting, video games, coding
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 11:30:00 AM »
Welcome to both of you! Glad you guys are reaching out to each other. The more connections you make here the more it will strengthen your quit. One thing I want to make VERY, VERY clear to you two though. This is no "habit". We are on here because we are addicts. Yes, full blown drug addicts. The sooner you guys realize the better understanding you have about how serious you must take this quit. Some things that really helped me with my quit:
  • Reading up on addiction and how it effects the brain.
  • Look up how addictive nicotine is vs other drugs. It's as addictive as heroin and meth! - you thinks it's easy for a meth addict to just drop their "habit"..Hell no!
  • Take deep breaths when you are stressed and dealing with triggers. Try an app called "Calm". It helps destress if you need it.
Nice work on starting your quit guys, you are over the most difficult part, which is deciding to quit! Now let us help you with the most exhausting part, staying quit! n0mad, go into the August quit group and post roll. There is instructions there. Post your name and day you are on. Do this every day as your daily pledge. You dipped every day, post roll everyday. You signed up for this place, so do the one thing we ask you to do!

I quit with you all today! BunnB day 108.

Offline HighTon

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 11:15:00 AM »
Welcome, n0mad! I just started yesterday, so I don't have any words of wisdom for you yet. We can do this! I spent a lot of time yesterday reading on here; just doing that makes me feel like I can kick this habit.

Offline n0mad

• Quit Date: 2016-05-03
New here
« on: May 03, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »
I'm a newbie. Been chewing for about 16 years I guess. I quit for 6 months about 2 years ago then picked it back up. I told myself I was going to quit for good years ago when my daughter was born, but I didn't. Last night I said it's enough, time to be a man and stop this before it kills me. So as of this post I'm around 13 hours clean. I can do this.

Good to be here, I appreciate everyone's help and support. Not sure I understand the daily posting routine but I'll figure it out. Believe I'm in the August group.