Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1117 times)

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 12:55:00 AM »
And with that we steam to our final stop in February to pick up Strangedays. Strangedays is a married father of 3 from Fredericksburg, Texas, who is a practicing Attorney. He started dipping at the age of 17, and like so many of us he quit because he wants to be around to spend time with his kids and his family. Strangedays admits to playing video games a lot, but who can blame him. This conductor does the same thing.

To celebrate his 100 days of freedom Strangedays is going to take his wife to her favorite restaraunt, then he is going to let her sleep and take his kids out to their favorite place. Stangedays will indeed be signing up for 200 days and wants to tell the rest of you that “When it really sucks, embrace the suck and know that it is for your life. It can only get better from here! One day at a time is pricless advice to keep in mind.” Strangedays favorite sports team is the Texas Tech Red Raiders and his favorite quote is "Do or do not. There is no try", He loves playing PvP games online, especially Madden.

Strangedays likes moguls tic tac toe avatar and says that as far as KTC goes “Everyone has helped, just knowing that there is this group of guys going through the same thing and seeing the same names posting over and over one day at a time helped tremedously.” He is going to board the train with a couple of bottles of Glenmorangie 10 year old Scotch. Welcome aboard man.. What a long strange trip this has been.. enjoy today you have earned it.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Strange. First and foremost, you will need to post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the March, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in March quit group is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date.
Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Lets get your quit started today. Wayne

Strange, I noticed that you posted roll in February '14 at Day 11. Congratulations. I did not know that you had already made the first leg of the journey and had 11 days behind you...which would indeed put you in Feb and not March. Good job!
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
Welcome Stranger, I am glad to see you want to take your life back. You have to want this for you, and you have to want it bad. I tried to make a web of accountability. Besides posting roll here, I also posted roll every day with my kids, and my wife. It's what got me really serious.

I quit with you today, quit on.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
Glad you made it. Read all you can here, build a network, and follow the advice. It'll be hard but each hard day is one more day of life you're saving!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:50:00 AM »
You're in the right place. Don't look back.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:45:00 AM »
Quote from: bigskyken
Well Stranger, if you are serious about your quit, you've come to the right place. Get over to the March 2014 group and post roll. Each day we post roll, which is a promise to everyone here that you will abstain from all things nicotine for the day, then we do it all over the next day. It is really very simple, but can be the toughest thing you'll ever do. I was a Copenhagen abuser for nearly 40 years, and am now 24 days into my quit. It is a bitch, but is worth every moment of agony.

You'll find you group here, March 2014
KTC has all the tools you need to beat your nicotine addiction every day. Posting roll and keeping your word are the cornerstones of quit here. I too was a slave to the poison for 20+ years, and I am 188 days quit now thanks to KTC. The thing is, you need to want to be quit for you. Don't quit b\c you don't want your family to not have you there; but rather, quit b\c you don't want to miss growing old with your wife, and seeing your children grow up and old themselves. Read everything on KTC starting with the welcome center and then the intros. Read 2-5 intro threads from start to current, doesn't matter whos' really. Jump in the water is fine. Drink the kool-aide. Own your quit. It will be hard at first; maybe the hardest thing you ever do, but it is so worth it. PM me if you have any questions or need my #.

Offline bigskyken

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 12:29:00 AM »
Well Stranger, if you are serious about your quit, you've come to the right place. Get over to the March 2014 group and post roll. Each day we post roll, which is a promise to everyone here that you will abstain from all things nicotine for the day, then we do it all over the next day. It is really very simple, but can be the toughest thing you'll ever do. I was a Copenhagen abuser for nearly 40 years, and am now 24 days into my quit. It is a bitch, but is worth every moment of agony.

You'll find you group here, March 2014

Offline Strangedays

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-11-21
Introduction
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:02:00 AM »
Hello. I have been a Copenhagen user for 20 years and I have finally reached a point in my life where I can't bullshit myself about this "habit" that I have. It is an addiction pure and simple, and it could very well leave my wife without a husband, and my 3 beautiful children without a father. I just can't look into the eyes of my one year old son and then take a dip, knowing that because of this addiction I could be gone before he has graduated from high school, or even elementary school. I am terrified of leaving him and my other children with nothing more than a legacy of selfishness and weakness. Failure is not an option for me.