Author Topic: It's about that time.  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: It's about that time.
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
Dalco, I think it's a safe bet that many of us appreciate the maturity it takes for an 18 year old to recognize his addiction AND take action on it. All of us wish we had that type of wisdom when we were your age. We want this for you. I want this for you, but I'm concerned. Reason being, the majority of young quitters under the age of 25 fail; only 3-5% quit and stay quit. The odds are not I your favor, BUT you are in control of your destiny and choices. Be the anomaly. Be the minority and win.

Shoot me a PM if you need anything. Also I would recommend shooting Knockout a PM...a young super badass quitter who has inspired many.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Bignate76

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
The question you ask about roll..

Post roll is posting your daily promise to yourself and your quit brothers that you will not use nicotine for the next 24 hr period.

Read.. Importance of posting roll

Offline Dalco

• Quit Date: 2015-10-09
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Bignate76
Dalco,

Just to be blunt for a minute because I was an 18 yr old male once... Don't fuck this up man. Holy shit, I would give my left.. nope make that right nut (left is a little bigger 'winker' ) to have been smart enough to walk away at your age. Instead I get to worry for the rest of my life if the damage has already been done and one day... poof... bad news.

You are clearly smarter than I was at 18 because you are here... I am begging you to be much more of a man than I was at 18 as well and own this quit. Stay strong, lean on others, but do not fall back on your word.

You may not believe this at your age but 20 yrs goes by so fucking fast it's incredible... Seriously, blink and those years are gone. Don't lose those years to the nic bitch like so many of us have....

I quit with you today!
Crazy to think ill be in the military before I know it. August will come too soon. Like I said in the original post I truly want a wife that I can have children with and not be the weird dad without half his face because of this addiction. So glad I found this website :) and I appreciate your honesty.

Offline Dalco

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
I didn't start chewing until after I started hunting thank god. I haven't been in awhile, only deer hunted once and shot a nice button buck. Good luck on the hunt though man, and looking forward to seeing your success alongside mine. We can do it!!

Offline Bignate76

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
Dalco,

Just to be blunt for a minute because I was an 18 yr old male once... Don't fuck this up man. Holy shit, I would give my left.. nope make that right nut (left is a little bigger 'winker' ) to have been smart enough to walk away at your age. Instead I get to worry for the rest of my life if the damage has already been done and one day... poof... bad news.

You are clearly smarter than I was at 18 because you are here... I am begging you to be much more of a man than I was at 18 as well and own this quit. Stay strong, lean on others, but do not fall back on your word.

You may not believe this at your age but 20 yrs goes by so fucking fast it's incredible... Seriously, blink and those years are gone. Don't lose those years to the nic bitch like so many of us have....

I quit with you today!

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Dalco
Don't want to sound dumb, but what should I put in roll every day? And I can only access this on mobile because I don't have my computer so I don't want to mess anything up. Thank you
put your screen name, number of days quit, and other stuff...you'll get the hang of it after a few days. No worries. if you need help with mobile posting, i can find the thread for you.

here -- topic/1003072/1/?x=90#new

Offline Okie Hunter

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 4, 2014
  • Interests: hunting, fishing, and quitting
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
There will be a lot of "first time without dip" moments upcoming. Stay strong, and get some digits from your January quit group.
Dalco

Guess we are in the same HOF group. For me, it's been 20+ years of dip/chew and at 42, I've just had enough. Look forward to reading and seeing your success on this site.

Tomorrow, I tackle my greatest challenge (thus far) without tobacco..... Deer hunting. Might grab a low tree stand cause this fog thing really sucks!

Offline Dalco

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
Don't want to sound dumb, but what should I put in roll every day? And I can only access this on mobile because I don't have my computer so I don't want to mess anything up. Thank you

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
There will be a lot of "first time without dip" moments upcoming. Stay strong, and get some digits from your January quit group.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dalco

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »
Thanks to all for the support, glad to know I have some people like me behind me and tryin to quit this poison for good. Update- got through school without a dip for the first time in awhile. Crazy.

Offline HipHopAnonymous

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-29
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Hey Dalco,

Smart move for a young man. I am a new quitter (11 days). Still feel it at times. First few days are tough. Battle through, stay tough, stay quit. You will thank yourself for a long time. Post roll every-day

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Dalco, I wish I would have quit when I was your age... I didn't have KTC though, and it has made all the difference. The KTC way works! Read everything here, and learn how we quit. Once you learn it live it. Don't worry about your friends or anything else, just quit for yourself today. Quitting nicotine is very hard at first, but if you fight one day at a time you can beat it, and it gets so much better. PM me if you need anything.
Dalco, you will see and hear posts like this from dudes twice your age. Do this now, and never look back. There isn't a soul here that is happy that they chewed as long as they did, so quit now before 10 years and thousands of dollars fly by.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 08:23:00 AM »
Dalco, I wish I would have quit when I was your age... I didn't have KTC though, and it has made all the difference. The KTC way works! Read everything here, and learn how we quit. Once you learn it live it. Don't worry about your friends or anything else, just quit for yourself today. Quitting nicotine is very hard at first, but if you fight one day at a time you can beat it, and it gets so much better. PM me if you need anything.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 07:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Dalco
Thank you, work. I will definitely need a number because I need someone to talk to this about. Also trying to get my friend to quit with me today also. - Dalco 09Oct14
You've got my number (check you PM), and you've got my support. Remember, post your promise, keep your word.

Also, we ONLY worry about today. We can control today. Tomorrow we will worry about tomorrow.

Offline Dalco

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
Thank you, work. I will definitely need a number because I need someone to talk to this about. Also trying to get my friend to quit with me today also. - Dalco 09Oct14