Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family and the great outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
Just read your thread. Awesome man. I can feel your desire and commitment. Keep it up and holler if ya need me brother. Glad to be quit with ya.
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ---Leo Buscaglia

Encourage your quit brothers!

Money saved as of 11/6/13=$885.00

Offline haas0311

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »
You want to know what is awesome about Day 14? I can feel the sides of my cheek and it doesn't feel like a piece of withered leather.. It actually feels like it is supposed to!

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
Focus on the quit and helping hold your brothers accountable to theirs as well. Tracking is a thankless chore but critical and ill help you and others along the way.

Keep drinking water and look for an exercise program to help with the weight/rage/fitness aspect. Getting healthy and putting a nail in her coffin every damn day is an added benefit
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
Quote from: haas0311
Thank guys. I am on Day 8. I believe that this is the longest I have ever been without some form of nicotine running through my veins. I am hungry all the time, I am still foggy, I have trouble concentrating and my temper is still bad. What I don't have though is even better, I wont have to look my son in the eyes and tell him daddy wont be here much longer, I wont have to worry if this next dip is going to give me cancer, I wont have to look for a dark bottle to hide a disgusting habbit, and I wont have to miss one single kiss from my beautiful wife. I am loving being dip free even though it is torturing me at the moment. I may ballon to 350lbs but dang it, I will be the healthiest, dip free, chunky monkey yall have ever seen!
:)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
Thank guys. I am on Day 8. I believe that this is the longest I have ever been without some form of nicotine running through my veins. I am hungry all the time, I am still foggy, I have trouble concentrating and my temper is still bad. What I don't have though is even better, I wont have to look my son in the eyes and tell him daddy wont be here much longer, I wont have to worry if this next dip is going to give me cancer, I wont have to look for a dark bottle to hide a disgusting habbit, and I wont have to miss one single kiss from my beautiful wife. I am loving being dip free even though it is torturing me at the moment. I may ballon to 350lbs but dang it, I will be the healthiest, dip free, chunky monkey yall have ever seen!
Dont sweat the weight many quitters gain weight in the beginning of their quits. I gained 20-25 lbs early on and carried it for about a year. The important thing is to stay quit! Build your toolbox and when you are ready you will stop eating. Many quitters have gotten into running or other forms of physical exercise and I would highly recommend it.

Working out helps with craves, anxiety, and will help you sleep. If you are as out of shape as I was it will hurt to get up and walk around the block, but keep doing it. I run 5 miles every other day now and alternate that with bike riding of 15-20 miles.

I have dropped down to my college weight and I feel great. For now though just concentrate on staying quit. Eat candy, chew gum, eat seeds, whatever you need to do to stay quit.

Great Start... 8 days is BIG!!

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline haas0311

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
Quote from: FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE
Man, I tell you guys what, I never realized how truely addicted I was.  I have been using the nic bitch since I was 12-13 and now I am 31.  I quit dipping for a year about a year and a half ago and I realized yesterday that although I quit dip, I never really quit nic...  You see, I had smoked the occassional cig to help "take the edge off."  I am proud to say that I am on Day 7 today of being totally nic free but I can tell a difference in my body and mind.  Things are having to adjust.  I also noticed that I have a horrible temper right now.  So bad so that my wife and I got in an argument and I couldnt find a way to calm myself down for about 12 hours.  I felt like crap with her getting frustrated and crying on me but all I could do was ask her for a little more time..  She is an amazing woman.  I am damned determined to break this addiction.  You know what is wierd, is saying that I am an addict..  Never thought I would say that but now I see that nic is just like alcohol and once it gets its barbed hooks in, they are a bitch to remove and are always resting on your back, waiting for you to slip..  I appreciate all of yalls support and am looking forward to HOF in October!!
Hell ya.
Once and addict always and addict. No matter what the vice. Don't let the Nic Bitch lie to you.

It will get better man. I spent 3 days last week pissed off at my wife for no reason. Just wanted to be pissed off. I know it has to do with the withdraw symptoms but it is also part of the Grieving process. We must remember the nicotine was like our best friend for years. For me, since I was 14 yrs old. I would do anything to get that fix! Anyway, it is like loosing a great friend. we have to grieve the loss. Being pissed off is part of. It does get better.

Quitting with you today bro.
Just to clarify. It is great to be realizing how much of a con-artist the Nic Bitch actually is in our lives. Makes promises her ass can't cash! Lies, tricks, and manipulates so we think She is our friend but more like a freakin homewrecker!
Hell yea! It pisses me off to no end.. I was buying dip over things I should have been using the money for. I hate, abhore, detest, despise, and loath that nic BITCH!
I know this sucks right now! That's the plan, it sucks for everyone. It needs to suck so bad that you don't go down this road again. It's like when you were a kid and touched the hot stove, well you didn't do that again did ya?

I know the HOF looks great and all but it's a day to day battle. One day at a time and one battle at a time, one minute at a time sometimes. Just remember what this feels like so you don't have to repeat it and don't look to far ahead. As a matter of fact just work on staying quit today. Wake up tomorrow, give your word, stay quit, repeat the next day. 100 days will be here soon enough. It does get easier.

PM me if you want or need assistance or just want to vent

Offline haas0311

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
Man, I tell you guys what, I never realized how truely addicted I was.  I have been using the nic bitch since I was 12-13 and now I am 31.  I quit dipping for a year about a year and a half ago and I realized yesterday that although I quit dip, I never really quit nic...  You see, I had smoked the occassional cig to help "take the edge off."  I am proud to say that I am on Day 7 today of being totally nic free but I can tell a difference in my body and mind.  Things are having to adjust.  I also noticed that I have a horrible temper right now.  So bad so that my wife and I got in an argument and I couldnt find a way to calm myself down for about 12 hours.  I felt like crap with her getting frustrated and crying on me but all I could do was ask her for a little more time..  She is an amazing woman.  I am damned determined to break this addiction.  You know what is wierd, is saying that I am an addict..  Never thought I would say that but now I see that nic is just like alcohol and once it gets its barbed hooks in, they are a bitch to remove and are always resting on your back, waiting for you to slip..  I appreciate all of yalls support and am looking forward to HOF in October!!
Hell ya.
Once and addict always and addict. No matter what the vice. Don't let the Nic Bitch lie to you.

It will get better man. I spent 3 days last week pissed off at my wife for no reason. Just wanted to be pissed off. I know it has to do with the withdraw symptoms but it is also part of the Grieving process. We must remember the nicotine was like our best friend for years. For me, since I was 14 yrs old. I would do anything to get that fix! Anyway, it is like loosing a great friend. we have to grieve the loss. Being pissed off is part of. It does get better.

Just to clarify. It is great to be realizing how much of a con-artist the Nic Bitch actually is in our lives. Makes promises her ass can't cash! Lies, tricks, and manipulates so we think She is our friend but more like a freakin homewrecker!
Hell yea! It pisses me off to no end.. I was buying dip over things I should have been using the money for. I hate, abhore, detest, despise, and loath that nic BITCH!

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Hell ya.

Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Man, I tell you guys what, I never realized how truely addicted I was. I have been using the nic bitch since I was 12-13 and now I am 31. I quit dipping for a year about a year and a half ago and I realized yesterday that although I quit dip, I never really quit nic... You see, I had smoked the occassional cig to help "take the edge off." I am proud to say that I am on Day 7 today of being totally nic free but I can tell a difference in my body and mind. Things are having to adjust. I also noticed that I have a horrible temper right now. So bad so that my wife and I got in an argument and I couldnt find a way to calm myself down for about 12 hours. I felt like crap with her getting frustrated and crying on me but all I could do was ask her for a little more time.. She is an amazing woman. I am damned determined to break this addiction. You know what is wierd, is saying that I am an addict.. Never thought I would say that but now I see that nic is just like alcohol and once it gets its barbed hooks in, they are a bitch to remove and are always resting on your back, waiting for you to slip.. I appreciate all of yalls support and am looking forward to HOF in October!!
Hell ya.

Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline haas0311

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Man, I tell you guys what, I never realized how truely addicted I was. I have been using the nic bitch since I was 12-13 and now I am 31. I quit dipping for a year about a year and a half ago and I realized yesterday that although I quit dip, I never really quit nic... You see, I had smoked the occassional cig to help "take the edge off." I am proud to say that I am on Day 7 today of being totally nic free but I can tell a difference in my body and mind. Things are having to adjust. I also noticed that I have a horrible temper right now. So bad so that my wife and I got in an argument and I couldnt find a way to calm myself down for about 12 hours. I felt like crap with her getting frustrated and crying on me but all I could do was ask her for a little more time.. She is an amazing woman. I am damned determined to break this addiction. You know what is wierd, is saying that I am an addict.. Never thought I would say that but now I see that nic is just like alcohol and once it gets its barbed hooks in, they are a bitch to remove and are always resting on your back, waiting for you to slip.. I appreciate all of yalls support and am looking forward to HOF in October!!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Man welcome to a brotherhood. Just remember once you post roll you ha e given us your word not to use nicotine in any form all day. There is no way to accidently or inadvertently dip, you have to chose to put nicotine in Your body. Post roll early and your quit is protected. Your a bad ass now and part of a group that has taken their freedom back! I am doing it with you and will continue to do so one day at a time brother. Pm me if you need anything.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
Thank you both!  I am excited about quitting.  Yesterday was my day 2 and it was absolutely the worst day I have had in a long time..  Headaches, chills, foggy, slightly woozy..  It was bad but I wake up today and I am good to go.  I feel pretty good.  I think running 3.5mi yesterday helped, granted it took me an hour but still.. LOL.. I am looking forward to being quit today, tomorrow, and day 100 but am focused on today!
Exercise and water will help push that poison out, while helping your craves. Stay moving forward. Sitting still is one of the worse things you can do.

You picked a great time to quit. Me and another quitter (jrod) were just talking. It's independence day,,, good day to be free from the poison. This is a milestone for a lot of quitters.

You may not have but a couple, but your just as quit as we are. Glad to be quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline haas0311

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Thank you both! I am excited about quitting. Yesterday was my day 2 and it was absolutely the worst day I have had in a long time.. Headaches, chills, foggy, slightly woozy.. It was bad but I wake up today and I am good to go. I feel pretty good. I think running 3.5mi yesterday helped, granted it took me an hour but still.. LOL.. I am looking forward to being quit today, tomorrow, and day 100 but am focused on today!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Hello All,

I am new to the site and have been informed that I need to make a formal introduction, which is only proper.  My name is Justin and I have been addicted to longhorn, skoal, and grizzly for going on almost 14-15 years.  I am 31 with an awesome family and an addition on the way.  I am wanting to quit because I want to be around for my son, my wife, and my other young'n on the way.  I am sick of spitting, sick of relying, sick of wanting/craving, and sick of making excuses.  I am in it to win it.  I have trudged through grad school with it and will finish without it.  I am looking forward to getting to know all of yall real well here in the next few months and will be relying on yall pretty good.  Let me know if I forgot something or yall have any questions for me.  Take care all you quitters!
Welcome. Great decision to quit. I am quitting with you and have a cool 12 days in. There will be tough times and your brain will turn on you, but stay strong and rely on this place. It helps.
I seen that you posted roll and everything. Absolutely fantastic. More times than not, I read someones first post and check to see if they posted. Can you guess how that usually works out. I have to tell them about posting.

Not you brother, you've posted and everything. I can go straight to telling you that you have made a great decision. Stay the course and I promise, sooner that you think you will be kicking yourself right in the toosh for not doing this sooner.

The poison has been lying to you my friend. Right now you can't see how good things are around the corner. Well let me tell you, life is so much better around that corner. This is a long corner, with twists and turns, but there is place where things get easier. I quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.