Author Topic: This sucks  (Read 1023 times)

Offline DiplessinJax

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-09-04
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This sucks
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
Quote from: RandyJ13
Hey this is my first post and my first time trying to quit dipping. I'm only 19 which sounds really bad to me I've been using tobacco since I was 16. That dosent seem like much seeing how a lot of ppl have been doing it way longer, but I found out Monday night just how addicted I was. I took my last dip Sunday night I felt fine all day Monday but when I tried to go to sleep I felt horrible and I couldn't sleep for nothing it sucked Pretty bad. last night I kinda cheated thou I didn't dip but I took a couple hits off of a E-cig. So I'm here asking for help from all of the other quitters to help me get thur this.
Congratulations on making a great decision for yourself. You're about a day away from feeling much better. There will be ups and downs but I would guess you'll shake it pretty easily if you can suck it up through the next 24 to 36 hours. Everyone is different on how their body reacts. The one thing that is the same no matter who you are is you, like us, are addicted to Nic. It will run your life at some point if you let it. It's doing it now to some extent but you are so early in the horrible game that it plays that you can kick it's ass and move on with your life "One Day At A Time". Remember, you are an addict today and you will be an addict when you're 80. That doesn't change.....EVER!

We're all here to help you and are happy to do so. I've been here a little over a week and have met some really great guys that can't wait to help me beat this beast. Take it serious, post on Roll Call, be accountable and stay quit for 24-hours. We'll tackle the next 24 tomorrow after Roll Call. It's just that simple.

Yeah.....leave that Elec shit alone too. It doesn't work. I have a buddy that went through three weeks worth in 5 days.

Good luck!

Jax
Quit Date: 9/4/12
HOF: 12/12/12

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
"Time passes. Will you?" - written on the wall of a class room
Stay quit, Bitches!!! - DiplessinJax

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Toss the e-cigs in the trash too. No nicotine is allowed at all. Man up.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline bis-cut

• Quitter
  • Interests: USMCWood workautomech.classic cars
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
Quote from: RandyJ13
Hey this is my first post and my first time trying to quit dipping. I'm only 19 which sounds really bad to me I've been using tobacco since I was 16. That dosent seem like much seeing how a lot of ppl have been doing it way longer, but I found out Monday night just how addicted I was. I took my last dip Sunday night I felt fine all day Monday but when I tried to go to sleep I felt horrible and I couldn't sleep for nothing it sucked Pretty bad. last night I kinda cheated thou I didn't dip but I took a couple hits off of a E-cig. So I'm here asking for help from all of the other quitters to help me get thur this.
Welcome to kill the can, you are in the right place for help.

Make sure you spend some time in the link below reading up

index.php?showforum=13.

There are some solid people in this place that are glad to help out anyone that is willing to man up and get it done. I am going to pm you my number so give me a call if you need to.

let get this quit on, go post your day 1 if you have not yet, post roll every morning that you will not touch nicotine in any form, then repeat.

easy as that

Biscut
"Today I will behave like the person I want to become." - said by My Wife

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippians 4:13

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. Outlaw Josey Wales

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton

A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.
James Allen

Offline RandyJ13

• Interests: Firefighting,working on my car,welding
This sucks
« on: September 19, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
Do or Do Not There Is No Try