Author Topic: New here...On Day 3  (Read 1095 times)

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5-26-2011
  • Interests: Family,Fishing, hunting
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: New here...On Day 3
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
Here's the secret!!! You don't have to worry about caving today because you gave us your word. And that is 100% sacred around here. You still have to fight but the outcome is guaranteed if you are a man of your word. Wake up tomorrow and do it again. All you have to do is promise and live up to your word everyday. I promise it will get better!
"DADDY, PLEASE DON'T GO"---- Kenzi Kern
Quit: 5-26-11
HOF: 9-2-11
Today and I'll bet tomorrow too
"Quit is the realization that chewing doesn't help........ever. Anything you tell yourself opposite this is a lie"-SM

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
Welcome Bob! Good job posting roll, now keep your word for today, and come back tomorrow and we'll do the same. Take it out on here and not at home, use the numbers you have, and don't be afraid to ask. Take what you need and leave the rest. Good to have you on board!
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
RM: Still looking for your post. Your friend has made it xnumber of days because he makes and keeps his promise EVERY DAY.

Get here Please Visit ... and then get here April 2013

And listen to Bird, Rad, and 05. Good to have those doods in your corner.

Vadge

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Welcome to ktc. Your in the right place for sure. Listen to radman and all the bad ass quitter's on here. There is a lot of great info and even better support on the site. If you haven't already, Go post roll in the April quit group first and foremost. Then do it again tomorrow and everyday after that. Those guy's over in April are a great bunch of quitter's, so reach out all you can and get that support. I quit with you today. If you need anything at all just pm me.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
Welcome, quitter. Redman Golden Blend was my poison of choice. I've been quit 842 days. It can be done, but it takes a shift in thinking. That's not what we do anymore. Find something else. I finally realized that being QUIT had to be the single most important thing in my life, especially for the first several months. I am a quitter, then a father, then a husband, then....... In that order, because if I'm not quit and setting a good example, I can't really do justice to the other things.

You were correct in one thing: you need to be honest with yourself. You didn't have a habit. You were an addict. The term "nicotine habit" is one of the biggest lies ever targeted at consumers. Nicotine is one of the most addictive chemicals out there. No different than any illegal drug, and more potent than most of them. I used to think looseleaf tobacco was less of a problem than dip. I was wrong. It's no different. Same chemicals, just a different package. Just as addictive, just as deadly.

Reach out if you need anything. There is plenty of help available here.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
Check out the Welcome Center upper left - and in your Inbox (1) upper right

Then go post roll
Keep your word
Repeat tomorrow
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline RMC111

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunt, Fish, Anything outdoors, Racing
New here...On Day 3
« on: January 03, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
Hi ... On day 3 of my 30yr+ Red Man habit. 1 1/2 to 2 pouches a day. It hasnt been too bad, but i think thats alot cause im sick right now and nothing sounds good! Ive tryed to quit many times in the past but usally dont make it past the first afternoon. I dont know how many times ive said ...after this one im done, or after this weekend im done ....never would happen. I joined here after learning a friend of mine came here for support and he is now 134 days free. I want that to. I just need to keep being honest with myself, i have a problem with that, and take things 1 day at a time....Looking forward to checking out all you have to offer here ....Thanks

-Bob

Grand Rapids Mich.