Author Topic: SKOAL MONSTER  (Read 9279 times)

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SKOAL MONSTER
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: Skoal
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
Congrats on 5 years bro! Proud to be quit with you today!!!
prolific quitdom!
The best!
congrats sM you are a Quit Beast!
Congratulations Skoalmonster. 5 years of healing. You are now halfway to having the cancer risk equal to that of a person who has never used. Scary thought. Thanks for sticking around. I draw strength from your posts. Keep them coming.
'oh yeah' 'oh yeah'
5 years is badass, Congrats!
Love it. Glad you stuck with your quit and this site. You have been a great teacher and leader in battling this addiction.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
prolific quitdom!
The best!
Congratulations Skoalmonster. 5 years of healing. You are now halfway to having the cancer risk equal to that of a person who has never used. Scary thought. Thanks for sticking around. I draw strength from your posts. Keep them coming.
'oh yeah' 'oh yeah'
5 years is badass, Congrats!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
prolific quitdom!
The best!
'oh yeah' 'oh yeah'
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
prolific quitdom!
The best!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
prolific quitdom!
The best!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
prolific quitdom!
The best!

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 628
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
prolific quitdom!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
Five of em.
Congrats Skoal Monster!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
Five of em.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
I didn't know I wasn't me........................................ until I quit for awhile.

My entire adult life was spent dipping , scheming, avoiding.  Today that time is spent more wisely.

Learning who I am without nicotine is amazing, I'm still learning. I'm loving the freedom.

Almost 5 years out....... I still post roll. I still find strength here. 

The battles are all forgotten now and quitting seems so easy in hindsight. My own illusions of addiction were shattered  one by one by the quitters around me. I owe my quit to KTC. 

This place is a light house for those desperate to find their way out of the storm of addiction.  I'm glad I saw the beacon, I hope you see it too.
Thank You SM, I needed to hear that today!
Awesome post SM. Short and simple, yet profound. I hope that you know you are one of the lighthouse keepers. You may only work a few shifts per year but I am damn glad that you showed up for work when I was seeking a way out. That was 300 days ago.

Thank you.

Ryan
SM that has to be one of the best comparisons that I have seen made for this site.

The beacon of the lighthouse. A place that shows the light to the oncomming boats so that they can steer clear of obstacles. So that they can find their way to a safe haven. The lighthouse is there to provide that light but it is still those who are out there to look for it and then to follow its guidance.

I too am glad that people like yourself have been keeping that light glowing so bright for so long as it too brought me forward and led me to the path that I could follow not only to start my quit but to then maintain that quit for now coming up on 500 days.

I am proud to help keep that beacon burning bright for those to follow. And will be right beside you until it is no more....

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
I didn't know I wasn't me........................................ until I quit for awhile.

My entire adult life was spent dipping , scheming, avoiding.  Today that time is spent more wisely.

Learning who I am without nicotine is amazing, I'm still learning. I'm loving the freedom.

The battles are all forgotten now and quitting seems so easy in hindsight. My own illusions of addiction were shattered  one by one by the quitters around me. I owe my quit to KTC. 

This place is a light house for those desperate to find their way out of the storm of addiction.  I'm glad I saw the beacon, I hope you see it too.
Awesome post SM. Short and simple, yet profound. I hope that you know you are one of the lighthouse keepers. You may only work a few shifts per year but I am damn glad that you showed up for work when I was seeking a way out. That was 300 days ago.

Thank you.

Ryan

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »

My entire adult life was spent dipping , scheming, avoiding. Today that time is spent more wisely.

The battles are all forgotten now and quitting seems so easy in hindsight. My own illusions of addiction were shattered one by one by the quitters around me. I owe my quit to KTC.

This place is a light house for those desperate to find their way out of the storm of addiction. I'm glad I saw the beacon, I hope you see it too.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »

My entire adult life was spent dipping , scheming, avoiding. Today that time is spent more wisely.

The battles are all forgotten now and quitting seems so easy in hindsight. My own illusions of addiction were shattered one by one by the quitters around me. I owe my quit to KTC.

This place is a light house for those desperate to find their way out of the storm of addiction. I'm glad I saw the beacon, I hope you see it too.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: kana
Quote from: Bean
Quote from: Kubrick
Quote from: srans
Quote from: dabean22
Quote from: Skoal Monster
My friend Billy died of liver failure today, he wasn't even 40, and he did it to himself.

I wish I could say" I don't understand how a person could continue to abuse a substance they know is killing them."

But I do.............. and if your here, I suspect you do too.

It isn't the addiction itself that is the problem. It is the difficulty in finally accepting that your an addict, and living with that reality.

Stop pretending you have control, stop lying to yourself and just admit that you look at the world thru nicotine colored glasses. Using nicotine is suicide on the installment plan, stop ignoring that fact.

Let go. You don't need it. You have been strong your whole life in spite of nicotine not because of it.

You deserve better than dying young in a hospital bed still craving the drug that killed you.

There is no" just one" , I cannot control my use of nicotine. I am an addict.  I accept this.

Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice.

sM
I am moved. I am humbled. I am proud to quit with you. Thank you for sharing. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.
Yes, perfectly written. I surrender.
I am sorry for your loss SM. Praying for you today.
Leaning into the fall.
sorry for your loss SM, well written and heart felt...
Proud to be quit with you sM. Prayers sent.
I'm Kubrick and I'm a nicotine addict even though I have not ingested any for 531 days.

That's why I come here each and every day. To remind myself that I will always be one, but I don't have to give in. Not today.

Sorry to hear about your friend. It's tough to watch someone do that to themselves when there is nothing you can do.
Sorry for your loss. I appreciate your taking the time to share it with us. Quit on, SM
thoughts  prayers for you  your loss skoal.. quit with you everyday..
My heart aches reading this. I don't know Billy but I had a "Billy" in my life. Witnessing the decline and not being able to stop it....It hurts. There isn't comfort in this but you are not alone.

Resolved to be quit with you. I guess how we help is living quit and proving that it can and should be done.....Thanks for sharing your experience.
I watched my friend Tommy fall as well battling demons.

You don't want to be fighting for your life while battling withdrawals. You will be flanked. You will lose.

Prayers my friend.
Deeply sorry for your loss SM. Can't say anything else about it other that I'm quit, and I'm glad you quit and leading the way for many others.
I am sorry for your loss SM. Addiction is a nasty beast and damn does it hurt when it takes someone we care about.

Thanks for helping me to understand my addiction better. Your words have impacted my quit profoundly. Some of the posts on your intro stop me in my tracks. Nicotine's end game and your duck blind story was a life changer for me.

Even in the midst of your grief, you reach out to help others. Your words have far reaching impact that you probably don't fully realize. I am damn proud to be quit with you today.