Author Topic: NO REASON TO QUIT  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Enough

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: My kids
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: NO REASON TO QUIT
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
Quote from: sjfdmicp
'wave' 'wave' 'wave' 'wave' 'welcome' HOF

100 Days

This is great but just the start

No Reason to QUIT just your life

'arse' 'na na' 'arse' 'na na'
Way to go man, on to the 2nd floor.

Offline sjfdmicp

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
'wave' 'wave' 'wave' 'wave' 'welcome' HOF

100 Days

This is great but just the start

No Reason to QUIT just your life

'arse' 'na na' 'arse' 'na na'

Offline 11X4

• Quit Pro
    • www.killthecan.org
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
DAY - 75 'na na'
Congrats on 3/4 HOF!
I've always wanted to save a life, so I started with mine.

Quit Date: 4/22/2007~HOF: 7/30/2007~2nd Floor: 11/7/07~3rd Floor: 2/15/08~1 YEAR!: 4/22/2008~4th Floor: 5/25/2008~5th Floor: 9/2/2008~6th Floor: 12/11/2008~7th Floor: 3/21/2009~2 Years: 4/22/2009~ 8th Floor: 6/29/2009 ~ 9th Floor: 10/7/2009 ~ My Comma: 1/15/2010!

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing-the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline sjfdmicp

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
DAY - 75 'na na'

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 11:53:00 PM »
Quote from: JpCrew
Day 50 + and still going 'dance'
AWESOME!!! Half way to the Hall!
Congrats. keep up the next 50 just like the first..
'clap' Well Done.

Offline JpCrew

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My family, hunting, fly-fishing, backpacking.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »
AWESOME!!! Half way to the Hall!
Congrats. keep up the next 50 just like the first..
QD - 1/6/09
HOF - 4/15/09
2nd Floor - 7/24/09
3rd Floor - 11/01/09
1 Year - 1/6/10
2 Yrs - 1/6/11
Comma - 10/2/11
3 Yrs - 1/6/12
4 years - 1/6/13
5 years - 1/6/14
6 years - 1/6/15

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.

Offline sjfdmicp

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »

Offline sjfdmicp

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »
Day - 25

'wave'

Offline sjfdmicp

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »
Well it has been a good day a couple of beers and a little 'do it' and no chew after. That was a big test 'archer'

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »
Quote from: 11X4
Quote from: comingbackdown
Welcome, brother! I wish you the best of luck, and we're all here to support you on your journey!

That said:
I don't think there's any way in hell I'd crave if I were stoooooooooned on pain meds.

I'm not sure, only time will tell, but I think you may have picked a good time to quit...
After having quit before I did not won't to go through DT the headache / dizzy / sweating. It was great this time having the pain medication from the wisdom teeth pull. It going day by day right now. DAY -9 'bang head'
Day - 13

I am back to work after having the wisdom teeth pulled and the drug is all around me with guys dipping all day long around the fire house. The craving is not to bad this time staying strong. This Web page has very strong mental power. Stay strong 'na na'
Everyone experiences triggers associated with work. The downtime that firefighters face between training and calls can sometimes be a fairly big trigger because that's always been the easiest time to pop in a dip.

Another "trigger" that you're likely to face in the firehouse is the offer of a dip. So if you think you "need" to accept it try this out. Take the can from the fella offering it, open it, smell it, remember that if you take that dip this is your future, and dump the effin thing on the floor. It's likely to cause a bit of bruising but I'll wager no one offers you their tin after that.

Firefighters spend huge amounts of time training to save lives. Fact of the matter is that your life is the easiest to save right now by just making the constant decision to keep that crap outta your lip. And when you make it to the HoF, send me a jpeg of your department patch and I'll add it to the QSX patch board.
Corey, that's awesome. I learn something new everyday. A patch page? That's good stuff.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline 11X4

• Quit Pro
    • www.killthecan.org
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Welcome, brother! I wish you the best of luck, and we're all here to support you on your journey!

That said:
I don't think there's any way in hell I'd crave if I were stoooooooooned on pain meds.

I'm not sure, only time will tell, but I think you may have picked a good time to quit...
After having quit before I did not won't to go through DT the headache / dizzy / sweating. It was great this time having the pain medication from the wisdom teeth pull. It going day by day right now. DAY -9 'bang head'
Day - 13

I am back to work after having the wisdom teeth pulled and the drug is all around me with guys dipping all day long around the fire house. The craving is not to bad this time staying strong. This Web page has very strong mental power. Stay strong 'na na'
Everyone experiences triggers associated with work. The downtime that firefighters face between training and calls can sometimes be a fairly big trigger because that's always been the easiest time to pop in a dip.

Another "trigger" that you're likely to face in the firehouse is the offer of a dip. So if you think you "need" to accept it try this out. Take the can from the fella offering it, open it, smell it, remember that if you take that dip this is your future, and dump the effin thing on the floor. It's likely to cause a bit of bruising but I'll wager no one offers you their tin after that.

Firefighters spend huge amounts of time training to save lives. Fact of the matter is that your life is the easiest to save right now by just making the constant decision to keep that crap outta your lip. And when you make it to the HoF, send me a jpeg of your department patch and I'll add it to the QSX patch board.
I've always wanted to save a life, so I started with mine.

Quit Date: 4/22/2007~HOF: 7/30/2007~2nd Floor: 11/7/07~3rd Floor: 2/15/08~1 YEAR!: 4/22/2008~4th Floor: 5/25/2008~5th Floor: 9/2/2008~6th Floor: 12/11/2008~7th Floor: 3/21/2009~2 Years: 4/22/2009~ 8th Floor: 6/29/2009 ~ 9th Floor: 10/7/2009 ~ My Comma: 1/15/2010!

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing-the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline sjfdmicp

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 12:21:00 AM »

That said:

Day - 13

Offline sjfdmicp

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »

That said:

Offline comingbackdown

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »

That said:

Never falter, never fail, never give up, always succeed.
-The mantra of my quit.
Ricko-287- Comingbackdown has not come down very far yet. Wow What a rant, I really enjoyed it. Can I be your #1 fan? Kick ass quit.

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
I am all over the place with the first post. I am on some good drugs I had all four wisdom teeth pulled on Sat. I am 42 y/o and that is some hell pain going on in my mouth jaw area. My face is like a blow fish. I this is my two week window off from work high on pain pills. I am just looking for support for the long hall.
Well, welcome aboard. I am going to assume you have read enough about the site that this is a permanent thing, you are going cold turkey for good, not just while you are swollen like a blow fish. I will tell you that the people here are serious about this, so make sure you mean it.

I see that you posted up Day 6 on roll for the November group. That is your promise to everyone on this site that you will not dip. Drag yourself in here every day and make that promise all over again.

Make some buddies in your group. Get some numbers to call. Stay on this site as often as you can, contribute to it, read, read, read, and stay quit. You've just made the best decision of your life. hop on for the ride.
"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day