Author Topic: My Quit Date Intro  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: My Quit Date Intro
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 09:16:00 AM »
Grats on the big 3 Jay!!! Proud to quit with you every day man. Let's keep it going. Save me a spot on the 3rd floor! Great job!
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 12:21:00 PM »
Congrats on the decision and quitting! Get yourself plenty of water and a little fruit juice and hang on. The sucks tend to last for 30 days...that is just an average. Some of us it lasts longer, some barely feel it. However, the water will help flush the shite out of your system no matter. Please, please, please, throw all your crap away, flush it, dump it, whatever. Just get rid of it. Way too many people have 'Trophy Cans' and end up failing or have tempted themselves worse. If it comforts you, go get yourself a teddy bear. Get rid of it. Get some fellow quitters digits and get to posting. Lost of great info on this site whether it is from fellow quitters, or from links. Congrats and PM me if you want. Huzzah!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 10:55:00 AM »
Congrats on the great decision. Read, read, read all you can here and elsewhere- in the intros, in the info center, other articles like the one in my signature. The more you know about this nasty, evil, addiction we all fight, the better equipped you are to fight it and all the tricks it tries as you pry yourself from the clutches of its infected claws. Quit on and reach out for help-- that makes all the difference!
'
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline jsimmons

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-04-07
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 10:12:00 AM »
Thank you all for your support! Day 2 today...I've thought about dipping about a million times this morning, but not caving. Little bit of fogginess and irritability but nothing I can't handle so far.

You guys are right...3 years of dipping went by fast. There's no doubt, I became addicted to it. Like one of you said, it became something I really enjoyed. Now I have to hate it, which changing that mindset will be tough, but I gotta do it.

Several people have reached out to me already. Thank you all, I'll need all the support I can get!

EDIT - removing my number. Will only share in PMs

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 12:31:00 AM »
jsimmons, face facts - you're addicted!

You may not think that you are but you wouldn't be here with a raw mouth if you weren't addicted.

It's OK. Everyone here is an addict. I am 216 days quit today and admitting to myself that I am an addict was the biggest hurdle to jump, but it was also what has freed me from the nicotine curse!

I was addicted when I was 26 years old too but back then I never admitted to myself that I was addicted. I didn't find my way here until I was 49 years old. I wasted a lot of years and money feeding my addiction. Don't be like I was!

Post roll every day. Get digits from folks in your quit group and a few veterans. If you would like my digits just send me a PM.

You can do this but you need to stay focused on the task each and every day or each and every minute if necessary. :)

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
Already posting roll is huge.

But, let's just focus on one day at a time. Looking too far into the future has caused many a quitter to stumble. Anyone can do anything for just one day.

We'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Proud to quit with you, today.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
Three years can turn into 10, which can turn into 20 fast...all you need to do is look at your Dad. I assume a big problem for you will be ignoring your addict self when it tries to throw logic about how you've only been dipping for a few years and how you aren't really addicted, and therefore can quit whenever you want.

Almost everyone on this site would love to go back in time slap some sense themselves to take quitting serious after our first 3 years of dipping Please make that a reality for yourself. Post roll every day, be accountable to everyone here, and don't fall into the trap of believin you can cave, and pick up quitting the next day. Good luck.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
Quote from: jsimmons
Hey everyone:

First time quitter here, at least first time I've been truly committed to quitting. Did "quit" one other time several months ago and made it 16 successful days before caving. I'm 26 years old. My dad has chewed for 50+ years so I've always been around tobacco, but never picked up the habit until about 3 years ago. I started dipping consistently when I got out of college and started working for a construction company. Grizzly Wintergreen long cut was my go to and I averaged about 3/4 can to 1 can per day.

Dipping helped "give me something to do" since I now work in an office environment. I knew I was starting to develop a problem when I had a routine that I really looked forward to every day - get to work, put a dip in, drink a cup of coffee, and get the day going. This of course was followed by 3-4 more dips throughout the day. Conference call? Put a dip in. Meeting? Put a dip in. Working on a spreadsheet? Put a dip in.

Anyways, I'm here because I'm tired of putting my health at risk. I'm tired of my mouth being raw as hell all the time. I'm tired of every time I have a sore in my mouth, worrying if I have oral cancer or not. Enough of this shit.

Today I quit (cold turkey), 4/7/16. I joined KTC to help me make this a successful journey. I know it won't be easy, but I know I'm going to kick it's ass.

I look forward to quitting with you all tomorrow, the next day, and every day.

JS
Hi JS.

I see you posted roll. That's great. The only way to screw up posting roll is by not posting roll.

That being said, when you post roll tomorrow, go to the July group, just like you did. But next time, go to the last page, which tomorrow will be about page 100.

Also, as I read your post, it seems like you've got a romantic, good ole days feeling about dipping.

I challenge you to develop an absolute hatred for dip, tobacco, nicotine, and the companies that sell that poison. Think of what has been stolen from you, and demand it back.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline jsimmons

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-04-07
My Quit Date Intro
« on: April 07, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »
Hey everyone:

First time quitter here, at least first time I've been truly committed to quitting. Did "quit" one other time several months ago and made it 16 successful days before caving. I'm 26 years old. My dad has chewed for 50+ years so I've always been around tobacco, but never picked up the habit until about 3 years ago. I started dipping consistently when I got out of college and started working for a construction company. Grizzly Wintergreen long cut was my go to and I averaged about 3/4 can to 1 can per day.

Dipping helped "give me something to do" since I now work in an office environment. I knew I was starting to develop a problem when I had a routine that I really looked forward to every day - get to work, put a dip in, drink a cup of coffee, and get the day going. This of course was followed by 3-4 more dips throughout the day. Conference call? Put a dip in. Meeting? Put a dip in. Working on a spreadsheet? Put a dip in.

Anyways, I'm here because I'm tired of putting my health at risk. I'm tired of my mouth being raw as hell all the time. I'm tired of every time I have a sore in my mouth, worrying if I have oral cancer or not. Enough of this shit.

Today I quit (cold turkey), 4/7/16. I joined KTC to help me make this a successful journey. I know it won't be easy, but I know I'm going to kick it's ass.

I look forward to quitting with you all tomorrow, the next day, and every day.

JS