Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 677 times)

Offline Awkwood15

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »
Quote from: 7thEngineer
So I'm on Day 3, and it's not too terrible right now. Day 2 was pretty bad. I had the craving all day, and my head was heavy and I was moving slow all day. I actually woke up this morning feeling better though. My head still feels a little different, and the craving is still constantly there, but it's not as strong. I've been pounding liquids of all kinds and stuffing my face with food, but if that's what I have to do for a few days, I'll do it.

I don't doubt it'll get worse again very shortly, but I'm feeling good about this quit.
Glad to hear you're pushing through it! You're almost through the worst of it!!! What you are describing is what many here call the fog. Some even say it resembles a hangover. We've all been through it and rest assured it will lift. It will also come back and visit again when you least expect it but by then you'll know what to do to get through it. Personally, I down ridiculous amounts of water and get my butt into the gym to work through the fog. You got this buddy! Proud to quit with you today!

Offline lynstly

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-28
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »
So I'm on Day 3, and it's not too terrible right now. Day 2 was pretty bad. I had the craving all day, and my head was heavy and I was moving slow all day. I actually woke up this morning feeling better though. My head still feels a little different, and the craving is still constantly there, but it's not as strong. I've been pounding liquids of all kinds and stuffing my face with food, but if that's what I have to do for a few days, I'll do it.

I don't doubt it'll get worse again very shortly, but I'm feeling good about this quit.
Good work man, day 2 was the worst for me too, by far

Just remember how much it sucked and know that you'll never have to go through it again if you don't want to

Offline 7thEngineer

• Quit Date: 2015-02-02
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »

Offline Awkwood15

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-10
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
Good roll post this morning! Welcome aboard brother and embrace the suck. Read up till it hurts and post your progress in this intro. Reach out to your group and others, get some digits, use the support, and get your quit on!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 11:02:00 PM »
Dude get ready for the suck! You have support here out the arse! Read up some stories about the fog, rage and craves! That way maybe you can kinda prepare yourself so it want slap you in the face when and if it starts happening! Trying to do this shit is almost impossible I can promise you, you want go wrong by joining all this help you're gonna get, so hurry you ass up get in here post roll! What you got to lose other than one nasty ass filthy, stinking nic bitch I hate with all my heart! (Little example of rage!)
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
Glad to have you here. This place works, if you let it...

Read all you can, post your promise edd (every Damn day) first thing in the morning. If I can do this, so can you!!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Welcome. Get your name on roll call. It's critical. Congrats on your great decision.

ODAAT one day at a time
NAFAR never again for any reason
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
Just quit as of 45 minutes ago after 10 years of dipping. I'm 26, and I hope I've quit soon enough to avoid any major damage.
Looking forward to the support I'll get on this site and thanks ahead of time.
I know the feeling, and had the same hope. I am glad you made the best decision of your life. If you quit, you need to be quit around here though. No patches or gums, no smoke out back, no nic. If you can pledge to that then we love to have Ya. Today is a perfect day to start. Have you read about posting roll? Today would be day 1.
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline 7thEngineer

• Quit Date: 2015-02-02
New Quitter
« on: February 02, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
Just quit as of 45 minutes ago after 10 years of dipping. I'm 26, and I hope I've quit soon enough to avoid any major damage.
Looking forward to the support I'll get on this site and thanks ahead of time.