Author Topic: Letting it die  (Read 1125 times)

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Letting it die
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
Collegestudent,

I have thrown my name out there to support you. I'm not counting you out yet. Please, get in here as early as possible to post roll. I'm going to drill that in your head for the sole purpose of helping you. I might sound overbearing, so be it, you will see what I'm talking about once you follow that one rule. Lets go bud! Eyehatecope
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Bill Dance

• Quitter
  • Nic is now MY Bitch!!
  • Quit Date: 11/5/2016
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: pab1964
Learn to hate the shit with all your heart and be thankful that you found ktc. I've tried quitting hundreds of times in my 38 years of slavery only to fail until I found ktc. Post Early Edd ODAAT! Stay close to the site, get numbers, read every spare second you got. By the way your an addict just like all the rest if us. Damn proud to be quit with you!
Let the hatred drive you. Hate nicotine for all the reasons you suggested as well as the fact that it was killing you. If you feed that hatred, you are well on your way. Congrats on a great decision, now it's time to get down to business.
Glad to see a college kid kicking the can early on in life and damn glad to be quit with you !! What I wouldn't give to have cancelled my spots for Dr Nic some 20+ years ago. You have a chance that I won't EVER have and I'm here to help make sure you don't let this opportunity slide on by.

It's bad now and will only get worse and worse but if you believe the lies that your subconscious is trying to tell you ,then you will fail. If you learn quickly how to discern the truth from the lies , you will succeed and flourish! Don't concern yourself with anything other than living in the moment....not 5 minutes ago and not 5 minutes ahead. That's best advice I can give you as you start out in the epic, wonderfully rewarding ,LIFE SAVING, journey!
The BEST day to quit was Yesterday, the second best day is TODAY!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Learn to hate the shit with all your heart and be thankful that you found ktc. I've tried quitting hundreds of times in my 38 years of slavery only to fail until I found ktc. Post Early Edd ODAAT! Stay close to the site, get numbers, read every spare second you got. By the way your an addict just like all the rest if us. Damn proud to be quit with you!
Let the hatred drive you. Hate nicotine for all the reasons you suggested as well as the fact that it was killing you. If you feed that hatred, you are well on your way. Congrats on a great decision, now it's time to get down to business.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 05:30:00 PM »
Good job on posting roll. Use this thread as your quit journey.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »
My Webpage

Bud, this is your February 2017 quit group. I'm telling you, you need this and will enjoy this. We post roll every single day EARLY. Any questions PM me. thanks, Eyehatecope
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:14:00 PM »
So I am here to say I am killing it, and I am joyfully, painfully, angrily, sad to let it die. BUT it has to.

Sad to let it die? Turn that into HAPPY.

Other than that get your ass in your February quit group and show everyone you actually want this. Let me grab that link for you.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: CollegeStudent85
Hey, I found this site when trying to discover some type of method to help me quit. I am in nursing school in Mississippi, and I should actually be studying right now. The only problem is I am trying to quit dipping, and my lip is consistently packed with a dip when I pick up the books to study. I have one room mate that is on 3 months clean now, but I have another roommate that still does it habitually. I am pretty sure the longest I have gone without a dip in a very long time is 1 day, maybe. My friends have all tried to get me to stop, but I am in college and there is a vicious cycle. Eat-dip-drink-dip-almost go to sleep-dip-sleep. It hit me the other day in my clinical rotations seeing all of these people that are in such bad shape and have no control over what has happened to them. You see enough sick people, dying people, hurting people and it will make you wonder why in the world you are purposefully harming your body. I also hate the feeling that I need or have to depend on something so bad, and its an argument within my mind every time I drive home knowing that my can is empty. I hate that its such easy access as well. I know I am ranting, but I cant stand my addiction to this wonderful lip gift. So I am here to say I am killing it, and I am joyfully, painfully, angrily, sad to let it die. BUT it has to.
There is never a better time to Quit than right now. It won't get any easier down the road. In fact, it will get more difficult. The power nicotine holds over us is the power we give it. We've been slaves to a can and it doesn't have to be that way. I suggest you go join the February 2017 Pre-Hall of Fame Quit Group and start posting your daily promise not to use nicotine. The methods we use here work extraordinarily well and I encourage you to get involved.

Offline CollegeStudent85

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-14
Letting it die
« on: November 14, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
Hey, I found this site when trying to discover some type of method to help me quit. I am in nursing school in Mississippi, and I should actually be studying right now. The only problem is I am trying to quit dipping, and my lip is consistently packed with a dip when I pick up the books to study. I have one room mate that is on 3 months clean now, but I have another roommate that still does it habitually. I am pretty sure the longest I have gone without a dip in a very long time is 1 day, maybe. My friends have all tried to get me to stop, but I am in college and there is a vicious cycle. Eat-dip-drink-dip-almost go to sleep-dip-sleep. It hit me the other day in my clinical rotations seeing all of these people that are in such bad shape and have no control over what has happened to them. You see enough sick people, dying people, hurting people and it will make you wonder why in the world you are purposefully harming your body. I also hate the feeling that I need or have to depend on something so bad, and its an argument within my mind every time I drive home knowing that my can is empty. I hate that its such easy access as well. I know I am ranting, but I cant stand my addiction to this wonderful lip gift. So I am here to say I am killing it, and I am joyfully, painfully, angrily, sad to let it die. BUT it has to.