Author Topic: USMCDevilDog  (Read 764 times)

Offline vurohege

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-19
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USMCDevilDog
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 01:53:00 AM »
Semper Fi Marine. Take everything one step, one mile at a time. Don't get overwhelmed. Act like you've been there before.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Thanks for your service and congrats on a great choice, brother!!! 8 days is huge. But it is nothing compared to what you can do. Quitting is done one day at a time. Nothing else matters but just making it through today.

Click around in the Quite Groups...not just yours, but a few other months and years. Then think...all of those badasses have been right where you are right now and are living free today by kicking the Nic Bitch's ass everyday. Post roll, keep your word and live free.

YOU GOT THIS!

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
Welcome DevilDog I quit with you and all my December peers!!!

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: danojeno
Nice intro brother. As you have noticed, we all have things we associate with dip. For some of us it's every waking moment and for others it's fishing, huntng or whatnot. Now we need to rewire our brains so we know that nicotine is just something we don't do Today. Kinda like you aren't gonna put certain other things in your mouth, dip ain't gonna go there either. Glad to see you here, post your progress often.
Congratulations Marine on the start of a new beginning! Thanks for your service! Freedom is awesome, you are no longer a slave to nic! Quit on! If you can handle being a Marine you can keep the bitch down by her throat!
Welcome Devil Dog - check your PM - lots of peeps will have your back and help you along the way if you are open to being helped. Peeps from all walks of life in here battling every damn day.

Quit on brother!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »
Quote from: danojeno
Nice intro brother. As you have noticed, we all have things we associate with dip. For some of us it's every waking moment and for others it's fishing, huntng or whatnot. Now we need to rewire our brains so we know that nicotine is just something we don't do Today. Kinda like you aren't gonna put certain other things in your mouth, dip ain't gonna go there either. Glad to see you here, post your progress often.
Congratulations Marine on the start of a new beginning! Thanks for your service! Freedom is awesome, you are no longer a slave to nic! Quit on! If you can handle being a Marine you can keep the bitch down by her throat!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 12:38:00 AM »

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
First, thank you for your service to the USA. I can definitely relate to your story (although I started some 10 years later in life). At any rate, you're in the right place to take control of your addiction. We know you have the fortitude because of your previous service, so I fully believe that if you apply that to this quit, you will not and can not fail.

Don't worry about HOF. It is a significant milestone no doubt, but it is not the finish line. Worry only about today because today is the only day over which you can exert any control. This is difficult for type-A personalities, but if you try to rip off too big of a chunk, you may become overwhelmed and lose focus.

I'm quit with you today USMCDD. Keep up the good work, it's going to start paying some significant dividends in the very near future.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 9-9-15
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
Good intro USMC.

I was with you and debated posting an intro my first day. I looked at it like drawing a line in the sand against nicotine and a public declaration that I have had enough of living with the addiction. Now I look back at it as a reminder of what my mindset was on day one to give me the kick in the butt to keep my roll promise for that day.

Thank you for sharing and I quit with you today.

Offline USMCDevilDog

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-01
USMCDevilDog
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »
I was going to pass on providing an introduction until I started reading through some HOF speeches and some other updates to quitters who have posted in the past. I must say it is encouraging to hear the stories of success and the progress that can be understood when reading about others quit journey.

I took my first dip around 12 years old. I was drunk for the first time at 9 years old. It was just kind of the fucked up lifestyle I grew up in. I grew up in Southern Oregon in a family of hard workers, loggers, farmers and preachers. Dipping was just a part of me and something we did a lot. My best friend and I would take turns buying Kodiak to supply the habit. I'm not even really sure how we afforded it at the time.

I joined the United States Marine Corps after a short "college try" in 1991 and proudly served my country until 1995. During the Marine Corps days I dipped pretty heavy but finally quit towards the end of the Corps in 1993. The driver at that point was me being a father and husband and wanting to lead the right way. I finished college and got a job at a regional CPA firm in Oregon and off I went.

I love the northwest and specifically Oregon. Fishing, hunting, mountains, hiking, biking you name it for an outdoor sport and we have it here. With all of those activities I realized that from growing up they all have some sort of subliminal trigger in my mind. It wasn't long before I decided it would be a great idea to join in on some cigar smoking on one of our guy fishing trip weekends. Soon after that I found myself ninja smoking and taking every opportunity I could get for the fix. After a year or two of this my brilliant mind thought - a great way to take the edge of and quit smoking cigars would be to dip instead. That was in 2005 and here I am today a full blown addict and slave to the nic bitch.

I now have two teenage boys (15 and 16), been through a divorce and have a new wonderful supportive wife since the last quit that I had. Been contemplating quitting for a long time but never took it too serious as I sort of started to give up thinking I would ever quit. During my divorce I pretty much said screw everything. I was well on the way to committing suicide through how much dip I ingested in my body. Easily grew that habit into 1 to 1 and a half cans a day.

After coming to my senses and realizing that life is good and that quitting needs to be a part of it I scheduled a date. After a salmon fishing trip my wife planned for the two of us I quit. Hell it's only been 8 days but I'm committed and am committed to using the support group on this website. So far the fellow quitters on this site have responded as a band of brothers.

So that's me and a brief look into my life and story. Probably similar to many of you. I look forward to posting my own HOF speech and updating this in 92 days.

Semper Fi