• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Intro
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: Shoveit
I'm 32 years old and I have been dipping for over a year.

I know that may not sound like a long time but I have learned this stuff can become quite addicting in a short time.

It all started with me getting stressed at work and somebody offered a dip. I loved it. Next thing you know I'm doing a few cans a week, swallowing the juice.

I did Copenhagen straight and long cut.

I have tries to stop 3 different times and failed. The headaches and withdrawal symptoms drove me crazy.

I have kept dipping a secret from my wife. I chew gum and brush my teeth often and she doesn't know. I have made up reasons to go to the store so I can dip. I keep my tins and spit bottles hidden well. I dip in the shower and mowing the yard. I would go extra slow mowing the yard to savor a fatty.

All this makes me disgusted so I decided a few weeks back to quit over the Easter weekend.

I switched to camel snus a few weeks ago because they seem weaker and taste like candy. I figured when I quit I could substitute something that tastes like snus and maybe it will be easier that way.

So I had my last pouch on 4/17/14 and on Day 1 the withdrawls hit.
Bad headaches, fits of rage. I was depressed yesterday and was in a fog.

I chose this weekend because I was off work for 4 days and is rather be at home feeing sick.

Tomorrow is the test. I return to work where everyone dips and it's a major trigger for me.

So I'm 4 days in and it's hellacious. But I got to quit for my family and for myself, I want to be here for my 3 year old.
so welcome first of all...it doesn't really matter how long you've been doing it only that you are quit. One quick word though...please don't use the word "fatty" anymore...you are romanticizing the horrible vile weed that it is. Fatty's are the ugly girls you go home with when you've run out of options at the bar.

It took me about a minute to get addicted to nicotine...and i will always be an addict. There is no cure for your addiction, but you don't have to feed the addiction...If you don't feed it, it can't kill you. If you do feed it, it will.
We won't pull punches... it is hell. It will get better then... it will be hell again. Then... it gets awesome.

Embrace this time because it's the price of real freedom and it's amazing. You're surrounded by people doing it the same way you are every day. The numbers don't matter... 3000, 5, 1, 1356 days quit.. we all quit every day. We win... every day. You can, hell ~ you ARE, too! Welcome in...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Shoveit

I know that may not sound like a long time but I have learned this stuff can become quite addicting in a short time.

It all started with me getting stressed at work and somebody offered a dip. I loved it. Next thing you know I'm doing a few cans a week, swallowing the juice.

I have tries to stop 3 different times and failed. The headaches and withdrawal symptoms drove me crazy.

I have kept dipping a secret from my wife. I chew gum and brush my teeth often and she doesn't know. I have made up reasons to go to the store so I can dip. I keep my tins and spit bottles hidden well. I dip in the shower and mowing the yard. I would go extra slow mowing the yard to savor a fatty.

All this makes me disgusted so I decided a few weeks back to quit over the Easter weekend.

I switched to camel snus a few weeks ago because they seem weaker and taste like candy. I figured when I quit I could substitute something that tastes like snus and maybe it will be easier that way.

I chose this weekend because I was off work for 4 days and is rather be at home feeing sick.

Tomorrow is the test. I return to work where everyone dips and it's a major trigger for me.

So I'm 4 days in and it's hellacious. But I got to quit for my family and for myself, I want to be here for my 3 year old.
so welcome first of all...it doesn't really matter how long you've been doing it only that you are quit. One quick word though...please don't use the word "fatty" anymore...you are romanticizing the horrible vile weed that it is. Fatty's are the ugly girls you go home with when you've run out of options at the bar.

It took me about a minute to get addicted to nicotine...and i will always be an addict. There is no cure for your addiction, but you don't have to feed the addiction...If you don't feed it, it can't kill you. If you do feed it, it will.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Shoveit

• Quit Date: 2014-04-17
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »