Author Topic: Just stopping by...  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: Just stopping by...
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 03:19:00 PM »
Congrats that is great. Come over to Nov 2014 and post roll with us. (our group all quit around August 2014)
topic/10423364/2212/#new
We are approaching 1 year so that is a great accomplishment!!!

However, (let's round to a year) 365/10950 (days in 30 years) you have been chew free for 3% of the time you chewed... This is a tricky addiction, and all it is will take is one pinch before we are back to chewing chewing a can a day. We are all addicts who have tried to quit before, some have quit for years before only to fail and become a slave to chewing and nicotine again. We support each other, celebrate wins, help through struggles and life without chew. Join us and stay quit, one day at a time.

Idaho Spuds 284 days quit

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: Thumblewort
To truly join you need to post roll. We welcome any insite you can share to new quitters, but please post roll first.
Looks like a good site here, so I thought I'd join.

Get in here and lets take this awesome start too the next level!!!

I started my quit the same way 9 Days in Hospital. (blessing now)

Spend some time here.... like maybe an hour a day or like some 24!

Read, learn, read, read, read, share read, POST ROLL, exchange some numbers.

We are just a bunch of folks just like you that realize we don't want to quit alone!

Learn to post roll.

Go here: topic/11155274/

I quit with you today.
Hey dude if you join you don't have to do this alone! We all addicts just like you! Work together as team here. Nic bitch ain't easy to defeat by yourself! Post roll EDD! ODAAT! I quit with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
To truly join you need to post roll. We welcome any insite you can share to new quitters, but please post roll first.

Get in here and lets take this awesome start too the next level!!!

I started my quit the same way 9 Days in Hospital. (blessing now)

Spend some time here.... like maybe an hour a day or like some 24!

Read, learn, read, read, read, share read, POST ROLL, exchange some numbers.

We are just a bunch of folks just like you that realize we don't want to quit alone!

Learn to post roll.

Go here: topic/11155274/

I quit with you today.
I believe.....

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
Welcome, and I'm glad you joined. You quit a little differently than we do it here, but it's cool. If you're interested, you can find out about how we post roll and make promises. It's pretty darn successful. As for cravings, they will fade. I'm at a year now, and I do have fleeting craves, but they are far and few between nowadays.

Offline gb321

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-12
  • Interests: Quitting nicotineBaseballHockeyFootballGirls
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 09:02:00 AM »
You made it this far by yourself? To me that's amazing and good job. Ok so about the cravings; cravings are something we will have to deal with the rest of our lives. Just keep reminding yourself why you quit and how bad tobacco really is for you. Read this: http://www.outdoortexan.com/mycancer.htm

Offline HawgWyld

• Quit Date: 2014-08-04
Just stopping by...
« on: May 25, 2015, 12:04:00 AM »
I quit dipping on Aug. 4, 2014, after 30 straight years of dealing with the habit (I started in earnest when I was 15-years-old).

Ran across this site through Bing when doing some research on when I might expect the blasted cravings to stop.

Now, quitting was a fairly easy thing for me -- I cheated. I entered the hospital for 8 days on Aug. 4 and they pumped me so full of morphine and then Xanax that I was free of cravings for over a week.

That might not be the preferred method of quitting, but it worked.

At any rate, I am free of the stuff and now just wish I'd quit craving it. It is amazing to me just how addictive smokeless tobacco really is. I have mentioned that to my 18-year-old son and am glad to see that he has sworn to stay away from it. Good choice.