Author Topic: Quitting for good 08/14/2013;  (Read 2891 times)

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Quitting for good 08/14/2013;
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Joeytc213
First a little background on my addiction. I started smoking cigs when I was about 18. I was a pretty heavy smoker (pack a day sometimes more) through college and until recently (more on this in a moment). I picked up a dip every now and then throughout those years, but wouldn't consider myself a dipper. During the last few hunting seasons I started dipping to keep the nic bitch at bay while on stand and not smoking so the Deer wouldn't smell the smoke. I started to have mini dip episodes that lasted for a few weeks or so during that time where I would dip regularly and then quit. Quitting was fairly easy at that time since I was still smoking. I turned 30 years old this january and made a promise to myself that I would quit smoking. I have not had a cig since that date and I was very proud of myself for quitting. The only problem is I replaced Cigs with dip and now I am a full blown dipper. I would say I have been dipping regulary for almost the last year, with the last 4 months being the worst. I have been up to about a tin a day of the Welfare Bear (Grizzly Wintergreen). I have a 3 year old daughter and a 8 month old son who are my inspiration for this quit as well as just being scared of getting mouth cancer. I have noticed my gums on my bottom teeth are receding a little and want to try and stop this before it gets too bad. I know this quit wil be harder than the cig quit because I am taking away all the nicotine this time, not just replacing its delivery method. This is day 2 for me and im feeling like shit, foggy, blurry vision, terrible cravings, you name it. I'm looking forward to facing these feelings and feeling the satisfaction when I beat them. Just hoping i can stay strong and not give in. I keep thinking about picking up some Snus or something to get nicotine but I dont want to get addicted to something else. I need to stay strong and stay away from C-stores!!
You need a vocabulary lesson, the way you are talking you sound like you are planning to fail.

Two words to get rid of: hope and try, we don't use them here. I don't remember who said it but keep this in mind: "attemps are lame, trying is gay, and hope is a fat chick from high school."

We quit daily, thats it. Sign your name on roll and start reading. This is not going to be easy, but the results are awesome.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Quote from: polar26
Quote from: Hadji1990
This is very similar to me. I am only 22 but I started smoking at age 19 i dipped on and off and in february I got a bad chest cold so i switched to dipping, I have had month long dip addictions in the past. I then became addicted to dip and cigarettes because I continued smoking on the weekends at work. I averaged a pack to a pack and a half of cigarrettes a day and a 1/2 can of timberwolf peach a day. I decided to quit becuase I was tired of the addiction and future problems associated with it. Best of Luck.

I find that it is helping to buy candy and gun similar to the flavor of dip you used. I also found that I am not craving cigarettes like I did. Any questions just ask I will try to help.
Guys I'm 40 years old did a tin a day for 20 years (welfare bear..that's funny never heard that) I wish i stopped when I was 30 or younger..All the money I pissed away..about $30,000..not to mention the bodily harm..I'm on day 8 feeling better every day I'll never cave because I don't ever want to feel again the way I have the past 8 days..Fight through it...A very wise man recently told me.."Men Quit..Pussies Cave!"
Good Stuff polar. Good Stuff...
Buddy Mac

Offline polar26

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Hadji1990
This is very similar to me. I am only 22 but I started smoking at age 19 i dipped on and off and in february I got a bad chest cold so i switched to dipping, I have had month long dip addictions in the past. I then became addicted to dip and cigarettes because I continued smoking on the weekends at work. I averaged a pack to a pack and a half of cigarrettes a day and a 1/2 can of timberwolf peach a day. I decided to quit becuase I was tired of the addiction and future problems associated with it. Best of Luck.

I find that it is helping to buy candy and gun similar to the flavor of dip you used. I also found that I am not craving cigarettes like I did. Any questions just ask I will try to help.
Guys I'm 40 years old did a tin a day for 20 years (welfare bear..that's funny never heard that) I wish i stopped when I was 30 or younger..All the money I pissed away..about $30,000..not to mention the bodily harm..I'm on day 8 feeling better every day I'll never cave because I don't ever want to feel again the way I have the past 8 days..Fight through it...A very wise man recently told me.."Men Quit..Pussies Cave!"

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Joeytc213
First a little background on my addiction. I started smoking cigs when I was about 18. I was a pretty heavy smoker (pack a day sometimes more) through college and until recently (more on this in a moment). I picked up a dip every now and then throughout those years, but wouldn't consider myself a dipper. During the last few hunting seasons I started dipping to keep the nic bitch at bay while on stand and not smoking so the Deer wouldn't smell the smoke. I started to have mini dip episodes that lasted for a few weeks or so during that time where I would dip regularly and then quit. Quitting was fairly easy at that time since I was still smoking. I turned 30 years old this january and made a promise to myself that I would quit smoking. I have not had a cig since that date and I was very proud of myself for quitting. The only problem is I replaced Cigs with dip and now I am a full blown dipper. I would say I have been dipping regulary for almost the last year, with the last 4 months being the worst. I have been up to about a tin a day of the Welfare Bear (Grizzly Wintergreen). I have a 3 year old daughter and a 8 month old son who are my inspiration for this quit as well as just being scared of getting mouth cancer. I have noticed my gums on my bottom teeth are receding a little and want to try and stop this before it gets too bad. I know this quit wil be harder than the cig quit because I am taking away all the nicotine this time, not just replacing its delivery method. This is day 2 for me and im feeling like shit, foggy, blurry vision, terrible cravings, you name it. I'm looking forward to facing these feelings and feeling the satisfaction when I beat them. Just hoping i can stay strong and not give in. I keep thinking about picking up some Snus or something to get nicotine but I dont want to get addicted to something else. I need to stay strong and stay away from C-stores!!
Congrats on 2 days man. Listen to Raiderx, this quit is for YOU. I know YOU have inspiration for the quit but it is for YOU. The blurred vision and all that crap will pass, just be tough. POST ROll and quit today and today only, then do it again tomorrow. Reach out if you need too.
Buddy Mac

Offline raiderx

• Quitter
  • Interests: Red Sox, Raiders and golf
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
Welcome Joey

Do or Do not there is no try. This is a cold turkey site. No nic what so ever.
Also it is great that your kids are your inspiration and that you are scared about cancer but you really need to quit for YOU. YOu need to be there at their high school grad. YOU need to be at their first ( fill in the blank).

I am not going to suger coat this, this is going to be one if not the hardest thing you may do in your life. You are kicking an addiction. Every cell/fiber/molecule of your being is going to fight you for a while but IT IS WORTH IT.
3-19-12

Offline Hadji1990

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
Welcome to the best decision you'll ever make.

Now to the good stuff. Make sure you check out the salmon colored WELCOME CENTER link at the top left. It will have the information you need to use this site. Including the most important part, posting roll.

Also, we don't try here, we just quit. We quit today and then tomorrow we quit again.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline Joeytc213

Quitting for good 08/14/2013;
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »