Author Topic: My journey begins!  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
  • Interests: I enjoy lifting weights and exercising. I also enjoy reading and many different outdoor activities. Spending time with my family is always the most enjoyable activity.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My journey begins!
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
Thanks fellas! I plan on staying strong, staying positive and helping out as much as possible. I appreciate your guys' support! -Jay
Quitting is for losers? Fuck that, Quitting is for the determined badass who wants to take back control of what is rightfully his. It's called life!

Offline icepig

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
Fucking right, another quitter! Keep on pushing through this shit, it will pass. Welcome aboard brother and look me up if you need anything!

Ice

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Roadblock
Quote from: tsmith17
I love you attitude brother.  Keep it up.  One day at a time.
Thanks T! I definitley will! My jaw is tired as hell already from chewing all of this gum lol
Great outlook and attitude bro!

The gum does wear your jaw out so I will suggest some fireballs or lifesavers or even Altoids!

Stay focused and keep your resolve bro!

PM me if you need to trade any numbers
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Freeme2012

• Interests: saltwater.....- inshore fishing / fly fishing / spearfishing- surfing / paddle boarding- boatingSandbar with the family and friends.wood working / carpentryMy job
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
Give it hell RB. You got it.

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
  • Interests: I enjoy lifting weights and exercising. I also enjoy reading and many different outdoor activities. Spending time with my family is always the most enjoyable activity.
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 03:08:00 AM »
Quote from: tsmith17
I love you attitude brother. Keep it up. One day at a time.
Thanks T! I definitley will! My jaw is tired as hell already from chewing all of this gum lol
Quitting is for losers? Fuck that, Quitting is for the determined badass who wants to take back control of what is rightfully his. It's called life!

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 02:19:00 AM »
I love you attitude brother. Keep it up. One day at a time.

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
So I am sitting here working (the midnight shift-which sucks) and laughing because as I typed 'My journey begins' I thought to myself "boy is that pathetic, only 7.5 hours into it, almost 1 full pack of gum gone and I am writing something down about my journey. THEN, I thought to myself "wait a fucking minute-do you know how long it has been since you have gone 7.5 hours without a chew (not sleeping)" and I began to feel a warm little tingle in me saying "you can and will do this-everyone that has quit has also been at 7.5 hours before".  Just wanted to give everyone a shout out and tell all the veterans and HOF's that I admire each and every one of them for quitting and also tell the other guys who are in the process of quitting that I believe in them as I believe in myself-WE CAN AND WILL CONQUER THE CAN ONCE AND FOR ALL! 

RB
Earn this.
I plan on it brother :)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
So I am sitting here working (the midnight shift-which sucks) and laughing because as I typed 'My journey begins' I thought to myself "boy is that pathetic, only 7.5 hours into it, almost 1 full pack of gum gone and I am writing something down about my journey. THEN, I thought to myself "wait a fucking minute-do you know how long it has been since you have gone 7.5 hours without a chew (not sleeping)" and I began to feel a warm little tingle in me saying "you can and will do this-everyone that has quit has also been at 7.5 hours before". Just wanted to give everyone a shout out and tell all the veterans and HOF's that I admire each and every one of them for quitting and also tell the other guys who are in the process of quitting that I believe in them as I believe in myself-WE CAN AND WILL CONQUER THE CAN ONCE AND FOR ALL!

RB
Earn this.

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
So I am sitting here working (the midnight shift-which sucks) and laughing because as I typed 'My journey begins' I thought to myself "boy is that pathetic, only 7.5 hours into it, almost 1 full pack of gum gone and I am writing something down about my journey. THEN, I thought to myself "wait a fucking minute-do you know how long it has been since you have gone 7.5 hours without a chew (not sleeping)" and I began to feel a warm little tingle in me saying "you can and will do this-everyone that has quit has also been at 7.5 hours before".  Just wanted to give everyone a shout out and tell all the veterans and HOF's that I admire each and every one of them for quitting and also tell the other guys who are in the process of quitting that I believe in them as I believe in myself-WE CAN AND WILL CONQUER THE CAN ONCE AND FOR ALL! 

RB
Welcome Roadblock!

You can do this...If I can, you can. 7.5 hours in sucks...but the good news is, it gets WAY better. Remember these first 3 days and know that you never have to go through them again. I would venture to say that Kill the Can has the most effective program out there for quitting and staying that way. If you follow this program, it is 100% guaranteed that you will quit and stay quit....

We use a simple program here:

1. Post Roll: This is more than a "status report", it is your promise to all of us that you will not use nicotine for just TODAY. It should be the most important thing you do- do it first thing in YOUR day.

2. Honor that promise

3. Repeat.

On a side note: If that gum that you are chewing is nicotine gum, you cannot participate in the quit groups, but you are free to post here in the intro. Our program is cold turkey- nicotine gum/patches only prolong the withdrawal, so cold turkey is the way to go.

Holler if you need anything

Dale - 33 years a dipper 451 days clean.
30, I feel you on the gum and I understand that it is cold turkey only. I have been chewing Extra 'Dessert Delights" gum lol. I have also used some of the smokey mountain herbal chew for my long commute each day. Thanks for the words and advice. Btw, I am on hour almost 26 now :) Jay

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »

RB
Welcome Roadblock!

You can do this...If I can, you can. 7.5 hours in sucks...but the good news is, it gets WAY better. Remember these first 3 days and know that you never have to go through them again. I would venture to say that Kill the Can has the most effective program out there for quitting and staying that way. If you follow this program, it is 100% guaranteed that you will quit and stay quit....

1. Post Roll: This is more than a "status report", it is your promise to all of us that you will not use nicotine for just TODAY. It should be the most important thing you do- do it first thing in YOUR day.

2. Honor that promise

3. Repeat.

On a side note: If that gum that you are chewing is nicotine gum, you cannot participate in the quit groups, but you are free to post here in the intro. Our program is cold turkey- nicotine gum/patches only prolong the withdrawal, so cold turkey is the way to go.

Like I said earlier RB, lot's of badass quitters (like 30 here) that WILL have your back. You've got my number already and you'll be receiving a text from me today. You got this, just take it one day at a time and never forget these first few days...

A few things to remember for the next month...

I know you've ordered fake stuff, but go get ya some seeds, hard candy, tooth picks and lots and lots of gum.

Drink TONS OF WATER, and I heard cranberry juice is suppose to help with the withdraws (nobody told me that one..)

And (seriously) have lots of sex (or masterbait)...tell your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend to take one for the team haha

Also, if you quit yesterday (i'm assuming around 6pm?) today would actually be your day 2. If you go to the homepage of KTC there is actually a tracker there for you. Plus you can see how much money your saving along the way. Like me- 170 days quit and $925 saved
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »

RB
Welcome Roadblock!

2. Honor that promise

3. Repeat.

Roadblock you rock. You can do this! You have already proven you can. 1 day at a time---1 hour at a time if necessary. 7.5 hr at a time you can do that. Pm me I'd be glad to trade #'s. hang tight. Embrace the suck and QLF.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »
So I am sitting here working (the midnight shift-which sucks) and laughing because as I typed 'My journey begins' I thought to myself "boy is that pathetic, only 7.5 hours into it, almost 1 full pack of gum gone and I am writing something down about my journey. THEN, I thought to myself "wait a fucking minute-do you know how long it has been since you have gone 7.5 hours without a chew (not sleeping)" and I began to feel a warm little tingle in me saying "you can and will do this-everyone that has quit has also been at 7.5 hours before". Just wanted to give everyone a shout out and tell all the veterans and HOF's that I admire each and every one of them for quitting and also tell the other guys who are in the process of quitting that I believe in them as I believe in myself-WE CAN AND WILL CONQUER THE CAN ONCE AND FOR ALL!

RB
Welcome Roadblock!

2. Honor that promise

3. Repeat.

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
My journey begins!
« on: May 08, 2012, 03:46:00 AM »

RB