Author Topic: Three days and counting....  (Read 1214 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Three days and counting....
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
Shane are you still adding up days? Feel free (its encouraged) to use this intro thread of yours to track how you feel in your quit. It will provide a record of where you have been so you can look back at what you never want to go through again when you get farther along and face temptation. It will also help others to see if you need support. There are lots of experience quitters around here, ready willing and able to give top-notch support but you gotta build your own network of accountability and support to make it work.

And congrats on the life-changing decision and the guts to take the jump, by the way- nicely done!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »
Shane!

Small world... That's my name too bro. Check your inbox(1)
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »
Quote from: pbrain04
Quote from: wmcatty
Welcome aboard Shane.  I just wanted to touch on posting Roll, since you have not posted up in your new quit group yet.  Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day.  You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the April, 2014 quit group.  Each and every day you will post your promise.  No exceptions.  That is the price of admission to KTC.  Nothing more and nothing less.  The reason you are put in April is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotine…your Hall of Fame date. Congratulations on making the best decision of your young life.  Wayne
Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site.  Go to the welcome center and that will get you started.  Post roll and look up at your inbox (1).  That is a personal message from me with my telephone number.  Congratulations on making the best decision of your life.  Wayne   

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box.
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like a solid blue box.
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box.
Step 6 - Click your mouse anywhere in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Paste the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
nice job posting roll Shane!!

Congratulations on your new found freedom.
Atta boy Shane. Way to jump in and post roll. You are in the right spot. Stay quit today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
Quote from: wmcatty
Welcome aboard Shane. I just wanted to touch on posting Roll, since you have not posted up in your new quit group yet. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the April, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in April is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date. Congratulations on making the best decision of your young life. Wayne
Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Congratulations on making the best decision of your life. Wayne

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Paste the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
nice job posting roll Shane!!

Congratulations on your new found freedom.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
Nice talking to you on the telephone Shane. Now that you are off the patch and have posted your Day 1 today, read all you can and get involved in your quit qroup. Others will send you their numbers by PM, so be sure to store them in your phone. Mine is available to you 24/7, so use it when you need to my friend. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »
Welcome aboard Shane. I just wanted to touch on posting Roll, since you have not posted up in your new quit group yet. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the April, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in April is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date. Congratulations on making the best decision of your young life. Wayne
Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Congratulations on making the best decision of your life. Wayne

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »
Welcome Shane! Like wt said, start reading everything you possibly can on this site. Day 3 is one of the tougher days you'll go thru, but reading and understanding that your body is burning the midnight oil to get rid of the poison.

Post roll today and walk with your fellow April 2014 quitters on your journey. One day at a time (ODAAT). You can and will do this because your life depends on it.

PM me if you need some digits to reach out to. There are 1000's of people on here willing to help you, but you have to want to quit and stay quit. If you do, you're amongst some bad-ass quitters that will support you throughout.

JZ
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »
Quote from: shaneb
Looking forward to meeting others that understand this addiction.
Welcome Shane. If you are looking for people that understand your addiction this is the right place. 20,000 addicts at your disposal.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
Quote from: shaneb
Start by joining April 2014 pre HOF group, post roll and reach out. Tell us a little more about yourself. Spend your sleepless time reading all you can, it really helps knowing your not going through anything that others haven't faced and conquered. Pm me if you have questions. You don't have to do this alone.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline shaneb

Three days and counting....
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:56:00 AM »