Author Topic: It is about time!!  (Read 1034 times)

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It is about time!!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 03:40:00 AM »
Quote from: NickTheMick
So to post roll what do I do? Is this my quit page? And do I just say that I promise to not use nicotine today?
Hey Mick. This is your introduction page, not your quit group. Look up at the top left hand side of this screen. See the blue arrow with KillTheCan.org Online Community? Click there and it will bring you to a central screen that will have several captions bolded. Click the one that says Quit Groups. That will bring you to a listings page...scroll down the page and towards the bottom you will see Pinned: Pre HOF April 2014. Click on that line and it will bring you to your quit group page. You will need to follow the posting instructions I posted up for you below. You will need to just post your name and the number of days you are quit. When you view your new quit groups quit page, you will see what I mean. If you are still having a problem, call me at the number I sent you earlier in the PM. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
Quote from: NickTheMick
So to post roll what do I do? Is this my quit page? And do I just say that I promise to not use nicotine today?
Look up. See the pink "WELCOME CENTER". Click on it. Read it. Post roll. There's a ton of resources on this site if you seek them out.

If you haven't read the shit out of killthecan.org you should.

Offline NickTheMick

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »
Welcome to KTC Mick. I noticed you have not posted roll yet. You may need a little help getting started, so I will touch on a couple of things to help get you started. Joining us means you will do a few things. First and foremost, you will post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the April, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. If your electricity quits working, your internet provider goes bankrupt or you are on vacation and will not have internet access, call or text a quit brother and tell the brother to post for you. Simple and easyÂ…and therefore, no reason for not posting roll. The reason you are put in April is that will be the month that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date. Congratulations on making the best decision of young life.
Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number.

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call Page in Pre Hof: April 2014.
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner of that roll page.
Step 3 – Two boxes have now appeared. Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box.
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the same time so the box looks like a solid blue box.
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same timeÂ…now there should be NOTHING in Either Box.
Step 6 – Now, click your mouse anywhere in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time and a lot of script will appear. Look for the new quitters section and ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list of new quitters. Your information will be your name and the number of days you are quit (Example:wmcatty-425)
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box and you will see an old screen. Hit the Go To First Unread Post on the top left of the screen and it will take you to your roll post. If you are not listed, you have been “Bumped”…more on that later.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »
Couple of things-

Are you quit? How long? Are you using nic gum, patches, or any other product containing nicotine? Have you flushed your stash? Even the emergency can?

Are you ready to give up the hooch for a bit? If not you really don't want this that bad.
You have a chance to do something that I bet every person wishes they did. Quit at 19. It will not be easy and you better want this more than anything. If you do read on. If not disappear into oblivion. We do not try here, we quit. There is no luck, there is no magic pill. This will suck until it doesn't.

Can you keep your word for one day? If you can,Go post roll, read the welcome center to figure out why and how to do that.

The ball is in your court, what are you going to do?

Offline NickTheMick

It is about time!!
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »
My name is Nick. I am 19 and have dipped since I was 16. 3 years too long. I chewed about 1/2 to 1 can a day of skoal apple and grizzly wintergreen. I recently took a liking to Copenhagen LC and have chewed that for the past 4 months exclusively. I was chewing about 1 to 1 1/2 cans a day of that crap. I would rather be left alone while I was dipping. I found it embarrassing to have anyone look at me with a huge dip in. Anyways...3 years of this rhabit and I was starting to see weird things in my mouth. My right cheek started turning yellow/orange and I was scared. I always had cancer scares throughout my 3 years but this was my breaking point. I quit and haven't looked back. It has been 6 days now and my mouth is back to looking more normal. Testament to how unhealthy that crap is. My only issue now is that I am constipated like crazy! I know it will pass....but I hope it will sooner rather than later.lol. Thanks!!