Author Topic: saying hello  (Read 1043 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: saying hello
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »
Quote from: OffShore
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and i do apologize for not being more talkative and giving more description about myself in the beginning. to be honest it is all about dealing with the SUCK!!

I trade stocks and own a Landscape company. Its not big 200 retail and 30 commercial. Looking to grow though over the next few years. I live in the far north area of Austin Tx. Have 5 Girls, that right 5. (embrace the suck at times there) Only one left to graduate so were moving along. Went to college at TTU and WTC Agronomy and Horticulture.

This is a great program, Like I told a couple of folks I tried the gum, that was a dumb decision for me. I really think it drove the cravings. Anyway I am becoming functional using Gum(sugar free dentin) and the fake dip on bad cravings. Smokey mountain has been helpful but I am fully aware that my goal is to be habit and nic free. Right now its great to be Nicotine free. You dont know how much that crap controls you till you say enough.
Welcome aboard!

Freedom is so sweet. In the suck it is hard to believe that you'll ever get to a minute, an hour, wherevthe craves don't dominate. You'll get there. But the real reward isn't the absence of pain... it is no longer running around like a damn fool looking for your brand at midnight when you run out. Our not hiding spitters when driving a new person around. Or not lying to your family to conceal how bad your addiction really is.

This freedom will be yours. You've got a great intro and a great start. Some of the best men and women I've ever met are on this site. You are in great company.

If I can help let me know. It is an honor to quit with you.

Offline Offshore Man

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 08:34:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and i do apologize for not being more talkative and giving more description about myself in the beginning. to be honest it is all about dealing with the SUCK!!

I trade stocks and own a Landscape company. Its not big 200 retail and 30 commercial. Looking to grow though over the next few years. I live in the far north area of Austin Tx. Have 5 Girls, that right 5. (embrace the suck at times there) Only one left to graduate so were moving along. Went to college at TTU and WTC Agronomy and Horticulture.

This is a great program, Like I told a couple of folks I tried the gum, that was a dumb decision for me. I really think it drove the cravings. Anyway I am becoming functional using Gum(sugar free dentin) and the fake dip on bad cravings. Smokey mountain has been helpful but I am fully aware that my goal is to be habit and nic free. Right now its great to be Nicotine free. You dont know how much that crap controls you till you say enough.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
Glad to see you on roll. That is the #1 strategy for quitting!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline tljent79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-02
  • Interests: Spending time with my family, being outdoors, music, & traveling.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
OffShore welcome! You are in my quit group. We're all pretty new to this site, but if you read through the quit group forum (Pre-HOF February 2017) you'll see that we're building quite the brotherhood. We're all in this together and we hope you'll join us in the fight. Check out the welcome forums, post roll, read other intros and hall of fame speeches, and immerse yourself in the community. It sounds weird but it's also important to swap phone numbers with other quitters. You'll be amazed at what that line of contact can mean when you're having a craving or just need to vent through the initial withdrawals. Sounds like you've done well so far on your own. Make the jump to the forever quit and join our little family. You're more than welcome! Feel free to PM if I can help!
"I'd like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade." - Ron Paul

Offline Tonifer

• Quit Pro
  • Go Dawgs!
  • Quit Date: September 25, 2016
  • Interests: Woodworking, Nascar, College Football
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 09:30:00 PM »
Quote from: OffShore
Dipped Copenhagen for 33yrs. I quite last wensday 11/3/2016. Thanks to this site for giving me some great strategies to get started. Its damn hard for sure!!
Welcome offshore glad you have quit and glad you are here. Read the welcome center posts to learn how things work and read as much as you can especially in the introduction section. When you have been quit for 100 days that is called Hall of Fame and the group you are in is determined by when you will make HOF. For you that will be February 2017. Go there and introduce yourself then post roll every day as early as you can. In doing so you will be promising not to use nicotene in any form for that day. Keep that promise and. Come back tomorrow and do it again. We quit one day at a time. We also exchange numbers to give each other support. If you want to get my number, PM and I would be glad to send it to you. I quit with you today.
Quit date: September 25, 2016
HOF date: January 2, 2017
Comma date: June 21, 2019

Become as addicted to your quit as you were to nic.

Offline Offshore Man

• Quitter
saying hello
« on: November 08, 2016, 09:02:00 PM »
Dipped Copenhagen for 33yrs. I quite last wensday 11/3/2016. Thanks to this site for giving me some great strategies to get started. Its damn hard for sure!!