Author Topic: JacksDadNY Hello  (Read 2476 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: JacksDadNY Hello
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: cherman99
Hi guys... I stumbled on this site last night and am hoping this is exactly what I need...

First off, I'm Chris, a 35 yo guy from Rochester NY. Looking back I started dipping sometime after college, probably 10-15 years ago... I had been a smoker of a pack a day and quit cold turkey and never went back...

Dipping was something I really did mostly when smoking wasn't an option but I now go through a tin a day. Quitting smoking was actually easy, but I've tried many times to quit dipping and it's anything but.

I realize it's probably one of the nastiest habits out there but one thing is for sure, no matter how hard I've tried I stop and pick up my soda and Skoal Mint Extra every morning on my way to work.

My son is 9 and thinks it's gross. My gf thinks it's gross, and I think it's gross. The "buzz" from putting in a dip is gone and yet it just keeps happening.

Being gross, knowing the risks and even cringing when thinking about the total spent (at around $5.00 per day) for as long as it's been hasn't done it, so here's a first step.

I'm going to try making my quit day tomorrow as I've dipped today to and from work... so looking forward to making this journey with you guys!
As long as you stop before midnight tonight, today is your day 1. Go to the Welcome Center, upper left, learn how to post roll. Throw all your shit in the toilet and flush it. ALL OF IT. It's going to suck for a bit, then it won't. Do it, man. Do it for yourself. Get into Live Chat, upper right around 8:00 tonight, ask questions, but don't have a dip in. This is a ZERO NICOTINE site, no nicotine gum, patches, butt plug, etc.
i use fake mint dip, Smokey Mountain. Get seeds, sugar free candy and gum, jerky...whatever works. Drink a metric ton of water every day. You're going to get a lot of advice, read and heed. Your Quit Group is June 2014...post roll today. Welcome to the asylum!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
Nope, day 1 starts right now. Throw that shit away, dump it on the ground or flush it in a toilet. Do it now and log day 1. There is no tomorrow, there is just now. And don't go throwing the can in the trash, cuz you know you will be diving for it later. Get rid of it in a final way before it does that to you. There will be some other awesome quitters along to give you more info, but please, quit now.

Mogul

Offline Cherman99

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
Hi guys... I stumbled on this site last night and am hoping this is exactly what I need...

First off, I'm Chris, a 35 yo guy from Rochester NY. Looking back I started dipping sometime after college, probably 10-15 years ago... I had been a smoker of a pack a day and quit cold turkey and never went back...

Dipping was something I really did mostly when smoking wasn't an option but I now go through a tin a day. Quitting smoking was actually easy, but I've tried many times to quit dipping and it's anything but.

I realize it's probably one of the nastiest habits out there but one thing is for sure, no matter how hard I've tried I stop and pick up my soda and Skoal Mint Extra every morning on my way to work.

My son is 9 and thinks it's gross. My gf thinks it's gross, and I think it's gross. The "buzz" from putting in a dip is gone and yet it just keeps happening.

Being gross, knowing the risks and even cringing when thinking about the total spent (at around $5.00 per day) for as long as it's been hasn't done it, so here's a first step.

I'm going to try making my quit day tomorrow as I've dipped today to and from work... so looking forward to making this journey with you guys!

Offline Cherman99

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 4
JacksDadNY Hello
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »