Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Introduction
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
Congrats Owen, the only way to do it is jump right in. I did when I found this site, no preplanning or nothing, just gotta do it, otherwise tomorrow never does come.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 09:06:00 AM »
Congrats Owena! Glad to hear you are quit! I quit with you today! Stay strong, and do whatever you have to do, to not use nicotine today.
Read the pink WELCOME CENTER towards the top of this page, post roll in the December 2013 group, and buckle up - the first 3-4 days are a bitch, but it does get easier after that. COMMIT to being quit and staying quit, and you will.
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
Quote from: owena1691
Today is day two with no Nicotine for me
If today is day 2 for you; you should be posting in the Quit Groups - Pre HOF December 2013

Pre-Hod December 2013

that is where you should post roll daily before doing anything else.

Congrats on the quit, be strong!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
If you are going to do this, do it right. Click on the Welcome Center and read why and how to post roll. Them make your way to the Pre HOF December 2013 quit group and post roll properly.

You started a new intro thread. Not cool. Find and use the original one that you started. I merged the two for you. I suggest you start at the bottom and read your way back up here. You have been given some solid advice.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline owena1691

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-09
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »
Tomorrow I'm going on a diet, going to start working out, stop drinking, paint the garage, cut the grass, chop down that tree my wife has been nagging me about, etc...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am going to quit tomorrow and I need some help with it. I don't know what to do are what will help.
I have emailed you and PM'd you with a lot of info that will help your quit TODAY. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to stop using any form of nicotine right now and be quit for the rest of your life. If you ignore the advice I gave you, it will self disruct after today. If you don't quit today, it will be useless because it means you aren't mentally ready and maybe never will be. Decide to quit right now and you will actually thank yourself for that decision very soon. The ball's in your court. What will you do with it? 'Popcorn'
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
The only time is NOW!

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Hello Mr. Tomorrow

So nice to meet you. I'm having deja vu like we have already met.

What you can do: Flush that can of worm shit in your pocket and go post roll!

Regards,

Mr. Today
I quit with with you all!

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Quote from: rickddd
Hello everyone,

I am going to quit tomorrow and I need some help with it. I don't know what to do are what will help.
Owena - I just noticed that you wrote that post at 5:30pm yesterday. So today is your tomorrow, your quit day! Can I presume that you are nicotine free today???

Doubt it............ thats what I mean about tomorrow, it never comes. Quit right now, or dont quit. But please dont come on to our website and tell 18,000 addicts about how you're gonna quit "tomorrow". We can smell that BS a mile away.
'Popcorn' 'Popcorn' 'Popcorn'
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

Owena - I just noticed that you wrote that post at 5:30pm yesterday. So today is your tomorrow, your quit day! Can I presume that you are nicotine free today???

Doubt it............ thats what I mean about tomorrow, it never comes. Quit right now, or dont quit. But please dont come on to our website and tell 18,000 addicts about how you're gonna quit "tomorrow". We can smell that BS a mile away.
COMMA! 10/2/2015

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Well.............................

It is the tomorrow you were talking about yesterday....

'jerk'
No. Funny thing about tomorrow. It's always tomorrow. Tomorrow is never, and can never be today. It's tomorrow. Today is today. Now is today. Tomorrow is tomorrow. Tomorrow may be tomorrow, but it also could be never; but it's certainly never today. Tomorrow today is impossible.

This is the difference between owena and the rest of us quitters. We quit today, every day. Never tomorrow.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
Well.............................

It is the tomorrow you were talking about yesterday....

'jerk'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

Strange that you joined KTC on 7/1/2010 but never posted anything until today...

Anyway - The first problem you have is that tomorrow never comes. Today is all we have. If you are quitting, then dump your dip into the toilet, flush, and embrace your freedom right now!
Why are you waiting until tomorrow anyway? why is that an easier day to quit than today? (hint: its not - your addiction is lying to you so that you keep feeding it today, and it will do the same tomorrow).

Lurk around on the website, you'll find plenty of good information. There is no easy way around the withdrawals - you are addicted to a drug, and in order to be free, you have to earn that freedom by cutting off your drug supply. The worst part is over after about 4 days, after that its just a mental game with that voice in your head that tries to talk you into dipping again. Quitting isn't easy, but its simple. You make a decision to not put nicotine into your body anymore, and you follow thru with that decision every single day.

Let us know when you actually quit, we're here to help.
COMMA! 10/2/2015

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
You can start off by making today your tomorrow. Become a MAGICIAN and go empty to contents of any can, pouch or anything into the toilet, hit the magic lever and make them all disappear. The sanitary lift station downstream of your water closet will not become an addict that will babble for 3+years about tomorrow.

Then you can go post roll, and start taking your life back one day at a time.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13