Author Topic: Why hello there!  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Turn212

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2019-01-16
  • Interests: My kids... 10 and 14. Sports.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Why hello there!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Quote from: invader
Thanks, Kenny! I've been hanging out in the chat room getting to know some of the folks. Man, this is gonna be a great ride.
Great job so far. Stay strong and focused. It gets easier. I'm at day 56. Never have I been this far.
"You gotta swing to get your name in the paper!"

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
Thanks, Kenny! I've been hanging out in the chat room getting to know some of the folks. Man, this is gonna be a great ride.

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 346
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
Welcome invader! You've made the best decision in your life. I saw you posted roll; good job in not messing it up. :)

Keep reading and get involved with your quit group. Also, pm me if you want to swap digits.

This is going to be tough in the beginning and we are here to help.

I quit with you today!

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
Why hello there!
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:33:00 PM »
Hey folks. I've been lurking on this site for a long time, but have recently decided to make a user name, posted roll call, and now I've not had nicotine of any kind in my body for one day. I wish I didn't have to use the Jake's Mint Chew, but at least it isn't tobacco or nicotine. Oh well. In time I won't need it, and my main concern is keeping nicotine out of my system.

So far, I'm jittery and have chills. I space out and stare at the wall, and am having trouble putting thoughts together. Actually, in a weird way, this is fascinating to me. Every so often a craving comes by, and it is AMAZING what this addiction is trying to do to get me to put a real dip into my mouth. "It's just ONE. I mean, if you have just one, it'll still be great progress compared to the can a day you used to use!" Very sneaky. Fortunately, thanks to reading tips from you guys, I'm able to spot this bullshit as it's happening.

Anyway, I realize I'm new here, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'll certainly be on the lookout for ways to help, too.

At the request of CastleHusky, I will now add my reasons for quitting which I had put into a NotePad file and later printed out:

Reasons to quit:

Teeth will look better.
Mouth will become healthy again.
No more having to hide it or feel embarrassed.
Over $130 more a month in spending money.
Floor won't get ruined.
Clothing won't get stained.
Other health benefits.
Won't have to stay awake to "finish" dip.
Won't feel like a damn slave anymore.
Mouth won't hurt.
No more being scolded.
Taste will return.
No more shit getting stuck in teeth.
No more leaves everywhere.
HUGE sense of accomplishment.
Normal heart rate.
Make grandma and grandpa proud.
Make mom proud.
Renewed self confidence.