Author Topic: Who I am  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
Re: Who I am
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 05:34:44 PM »
What's up Lehigh?  You ready to quit or are you just going to keep looking for excuses?  No roll post yesterday and I see you were on today without posting roll.

Offline I_am_Ned

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 28, 2019
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 04:15:01 PM »
Hi Lehigh70, welcome back, and I don't even know you.

I suspect, and hope, that changes.

I am I_am_Ned

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 04:10:56 PM »
Hey Lehigh-welcome back. Like you, I was ninja/closet. I lied many, many times to my wife. I made the choice for myself. It sounds like you are too. We quit once though. If you “quit” then started back, you didn’t really quit, you only stopped for a bit. You are an addict and the fact that you can admit that now will help you. I would encourage you to answer the questions that Peter put in front of you. EVERYONE that caves and comes back has to do it. He is also right in saying that yes, you caved, but you also have some valuable expierence to share with September. My digits are only a PM away if you need anything at all.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:24:16 PM by Dawgs »

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »
Welcome back Lehigh!  I second what Peter said.  I always go back to the definition of insanity.  It’s doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  Didn’t work for you before, doesn’t mean it won’t work now.  I’m early in my quit (6 days) but I already feel so much better than I did a week ago.  I still have a long road.  Keep your guard up.  Time will go on whether you dip or not; choose not to and it will change your life.

Ruthless
Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 01:08:27 PM »
Welcome back to KTC.  I merged your old intro with your new one.  Looks like you were a member of August 2016 before you left.  September is your new quit group, head over there and post roll.

In addition you'll want to answer 3 questions for your new and old group in regards to your previous attempt here.

1.  What happened?
2.  Why did it happen?
3.  What are you going to do differently this time?

September is looking like a solid group so far.  Share some knowledge about what it's like to come back here after a failed attempt.

Here's the link to the group: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=14277.0

Offline Lehigh70

• Quit Date: 2016-05-11
  • Interests: Weight LiftingArchery Deer HuntingSD Pheasant Hunting :)Coyote HuntingFishingSpending time with my family
  • Likes Given: 0
F***ING HAD ENOUGH
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 12:52:53 PM »
Yesterday my Fiance found my "can and spitter stash" and i had to explain myself. I had told her numerous times i wasn't chewing and that I had been quit for months but i got caught red handed, and like any addict my mind went straight to making excuses then i stopped my self, told her that i have a problem and im going to fix that problem because  I'm sick and  tired of the excuses i give myself and my family as to why i keep putting poison in my mouth.

I've had an account on KTC for a long time and i would log in and post roll and then i was one of the ones that disappeared, who knows maybe i had a sore in my mouth and as soon as it went away i told myself " hey it isn't cancer go buy another can" or a shitty day at work and i decided the hell with it. No more of that, Ive hit the point now where I WANT to quit for ME, not to please someone else but to prove to myself I'm better that that can of shit. 

I just went through my truck and and dumped every can old and new into the toilet and got rid of every spitter.

I'm ready to kick this shit to the curb and admit that I'm an addict, that i have a problem, and that I'm going to beat that problem every day, one day at a time for the rest of my days.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 02:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Learn how to post roll and join a brotherhood of quitters, don't quit by yourself. Read the Welcome Center.
Post roll, early, EDD and you will win,never cured but you can stay ahead by doing those little steps! I quit with you today! Will be looking for you on roll!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline mattlock

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-13
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 02:14:00 PM »
As a former resident of Bismarck, you forgot to add cow tipping to your list B)B

Welcome aboard and know there are lots of people here that share your story and they quit One Day At A Time and they do it Every Damn Day. If they can do it, so can you. We also have an alcohol group if you want to part of that too. Get involved in your quit group and realize that you get out what you put in.
Unlike quitting products, total adherence to a personal commitment to not violate the law of addiction provides a 100% guarantee of success. Although obedience may not always be easy, the law is clear, concise and simple - no nicotine today, not one puff, dip or chew!

HOF Speech

1st floor 06/20/2016
2nd floor 09/30/2016

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »
Learn how to post roll and join a brotherhood of quitters, don't quit by yourself. Read the Welcome Center.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Lehigh70

• Quit Date: 2016-05-11
  • Interests: Weight LiftingArchery Deer HuntingSD Pheasant Hunting :)Coyote HuntingFishingSpending time with my family
Who I am
« on: May 14, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
WOW let me first say that I am so glad to have found this site, I am 3 days into my quit and this place has saved me more than a handful of times from giving up and throwing in a dip.

I started using smokeless tobacco when i was around 16, I grew up in the North Central part of South Dakota, so really all there seemed to be to do for a 16 year old was:
a.) Drive around town
b.) Drink
c.) Spotlight and shoot animals out of town
d.) CHEW
Not all in that order either.

I started working in the Agricultural field where a good percentage of workers use tobacco, cigs, chew, either one. So i was surrounded by it.
Also My Father, My grand father, my uncle, my cousins, and a lot of my buddies use the shit, so it is hard to get away from.

I quit about 4 years ago for 99 days, but started back up again when i lost my best friend to a work accident, after that the nicotine wasnt my problem, it was the alcohol.
I was borderline alcoholic for about a year, and was in a very dark place. I pulled myself out of the hell i was in by getting active and lifting weights, i completely transformed myself, i lost 50lbs, I had girls talking to me and i felt on top of the world, I just couldnt shake the Nicotine

Fast Forward to present day, Here I am 3 days quit and feeling amazing right now, I have been blessed with 2 beautiful children who are my whole world and a Girlfriend ( hopefully soon to be wife :) ) that supports me through everything i do.

This will be my final quit...I can feel it!! Just the thought of the stuff grosses me out already and with all of you by my side here the Can doesnt stand a chance!

Thanks!