Author Topic: nboarder- stay quit  (Read 1260 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: nboarder- stay quit
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: starr_78
Welcome nboarder and way to be deciding to quit at a young age. Latch onto Starr (He is in my quit class, and I can tell you that he is all business when it comes to quitting) You wont find a better mentor and he is young too. It warms my heart to see that not all our youth are dumbasses! I am also offering my help if you ever need anything from an earlier generation :D You can, and you WILL do this!
Thanks Rdad, but I think we have another one that isn't going to make the decision to quit for good. (Missed roll for the past 2 days) If you cannot post roll you grab ahold of a fellow quitter and make your pledge to them, and then they will post roll for you. He has my number and my phone has been silent. Too bad cause this is typical for young quitters. Making us young quitters look like we can't grow up and acknowledge our mistakes.
Oh Well, I still know of one young badass that is NOT a dumbass! :D
Too sad!
Don't be sad Doc. Just find others who really want to quit and help them. You are doing great Bro!

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Welcome nboarder and way to be deciding to quit at a young age. Latch onto Starr (He is in my quit class, and I can tell you that he is all business when it comes to quitting) You wont find a better mentor and he is young too. It warms my heart to see that not all our youth are dumbasses! I am also offering my help if you ever need anything from an earlier generation :D You can, and you WILL do this!
Thanks Rdad, but I think we have another one that isn't going to make the decision to quit for good. (Missed roll for the past 2 days) If you cannot post roll you grab ahold of a fellow quitter and make your pledge to them, and then they will post roll for you. He has my number and my phone has been silent. Too bad cause this is typical for young quitters. Making us young quitters look like we can't grow up and acknowledge our mistakes.
Too sad!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »

E&C's Dad

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
Another one bites the dust! Hopefully he gets his shit together.

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
nboarder

you have made a great decision. lean on your fellow quitters - especially when you have that urge to cave (which will happen a lot in your first week). fight through the urge. it gets easier and easier every day. I am atday 8 after 36 years of being controlled by nic. this first week seems like it took a month - but now I have settled in. Have your go - to replacement (seeds, gum, hard candy, jerkey, fake chew). they will help you get through the really tough times. contact your fellow quitters, either through PM, or text message or via chat. stay with it and you will be extremely happy with your decision!

PM me if you want my contact information - I quit with you!
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
nboarder,

Welcome to KTC. I want to say I am also a young quitter like yourself (25). The toughest thing I think I have had to overcome is to humble myself and admit that I am a full blow addict to nicotine. I had this feeling of being invincible and that I could quit anytime. That was an addict thinking and rationalizing bullshit.

I am sure you can tell by reading that this is a no nicotine site. That means no patches and no gum. We quit cold turkey and we make it stick with a single promise to not use on a daily promise in roll. Just keep quit ODAAT (One Day At A Time) and you are going to be amazed on the support and the badasses that will help you out here.

Make sure you make a plan to keep quit as well. For me that is loading up on beef jerky and sunflower seeds. I know that having a plan and using the resources on KTC are what has been the difference between stopped and quit. Look in the top right part of your screen and you can see a Inbox (1)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
I started at your age, so bravo for quitting today. I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline String11

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm a guy that fears God and loves family. My family and I would be considered outsdoors people. We hunt, fish, ski, cheer, football, basketball, soccer, and baseball. My wife and I don't necessarily spoil our children, but they do get 95% of our attention. (like they should)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
Awesome news bro. I wish I had enough freaking brain cells to have quit at a young age. Just continue to push on and remember to post roll daily. It's your promise to all of us that you won't dip today. We don't ask for tomorrow just today. After that enjoy the site and test your skills in the wildcard section. Then rinse and repeat. Post post post. I quit with you today.
Quit date 11-10-2013 7th Floor 10-10-2015
HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?

Offline Srohde

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
Quote from: nboarder
Hey all,

I've no bigger goal in my life than to quit this dip shit once and for all. I'm 26 years old and can easily go through a can a day. Everyday I've been saying I'm going to quit soon and so I convince myself to polish off the can for "one last hurrah." It's BS and my gums are receding. I've got yellow stains in the spaces between my bottom teeth and I'm constantly worried that everything in my mouth is cancer. I've got a bad case of hairy tongue and I'm so addicted that it's not funny. I've only been dipping regularly for less than 2 years but got into it when I was 23.

I've managed to quit for a month at a time, but then I always make some excuse to buy another can of mouth dung. I'm sick of hiding this habit from my friends and family and need to take accountability of this habit and my life. I'm too young to be worried all the time about when this stuff will kill me.

So I'll be here. I'll post role and I would appreciate you all giving me enough shit, so that I'll stay quit. Call me out on my bullshit and support my motives and I'll do the same. Best of luck brothers. Good to meet y'all.

-nboarder
Welcome my friend. I'm 27 myself, I feel your frustration. I've tried to quit in the past too and have failed. KTC has been a huge help, I'm only four days in but feel very confident about my quit. I'm not gunna sit here and lecture you becuase I just started my quit too, but the dudes here will keep us line. Good luck.

Spencer
Quit on

Offline nboarder

• Quit Date: 2019-01-01
nboarder- stay quit
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:56:00 PM »
Hey all,

I've no bigger goal in my life than to quit this dip shit once and for all. I'm 26 years old and can easily go through a can a day. Everyday I've been saying I'm going to quit soon and so I convince myself to polish off the can for "one last hurrah." It's BS and my gums are receding. I've got yellow stains in the spaces between my bottom teeth and I'm constantly worried that everything in my mouth is cancer. I've got a bad case of hairy tongue and I'm so addicted that it's not funny. I've only been dipping regularly for less than 2 years but got into it when I was 23.

I've managed to quit for a month at a time, but then I always make some excuse to buy another can of mouth dung. I'm sick of hiding this habit from my friends and family and need to take accountability of this habit and my life. I'm too young to be worried all the time about when this stuff will kill me.

So I'll be here. I'll post role and I would appreciate you all giving me enough shit, so that I'll stay quit. Call me out on my bullshit and support my motives and I'll do the same. Best of luck brothers. Good to meet y'all.

-nboarder