Author Topic: want to quit  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: want to quit
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Quote from: shstevens
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: JayDubya
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim

yes, i can relate to your post. Especially racing around to make sure i have enough dip before going on vacation. And hiding it! Ridiculous!  I really want to quit, but it's so hard. Day 3 today. i have a permanent headache, can't concentrate and feel like i'm in the fog described on the site. In a helpful way, it makes me realize i've got to get off this stuff. if this is what it does when i come off it, i must have a serious dependency.  why would i want that for the rest of my life.
You are quit. You are doing it. Yes, it is difficult, but I see you gave your word you would not use today, so I don't need to worry- neither do you. Just fight and win another day's spoils.

Yes, that is the fog you are in. Not much to do about it except put all this misery and confusion into the memory banks. When it goes away (yes, it will go away) you can remember what this addition did to you.

PM me if you need another number, but definitely make sure you have some to dial when the going gets rough.

I am quit with you today.
what is PM?

finding it very hard today - lots of cravings.
Private Message. Scroll to top of page where the links are. Do you see Inbox? That's where you check your PM's. it will say Inbox (1), Inbox (2) etc.

It was just as hard for those before you. It was hard for me. It is hard for everyone. Embrace this time and holdbit close to you so you will remember how bad it sucks. It will get easier. It will. But for now you are just gonna have to sack up and do it.

Go to chat, do what you just did by posting in your intro thread, post it in Jan 14 Roll Call, TEXT your quit brothers and supporters. My cell number is on its way to you via PM right now. Text, call, whatever you need. I was recently where you are and know it is hard but doable. You got this! Hang in there!
Vacation...

This year we went on our annual vacation. First time in 18 years of marriage, including our honeymoon, that I didn't carefully hide cans in my suitcase and carryon just in case my luggage was lost. Sounds like you and I can relate, Sam. Then coming up with reasons to leave the room and go the the lobby or gym to hide out and get a fix. Let me tell you something... This was the best vacation I've ever had. I had nothing to hide. Didn't stress about wife going through my luggage. Just had fun. So nice to not lie and be sneaky.

There is pain in the process. No way around that. But there is tremendous gain ahead. I and the other guys reaching out to you are "in the gain." Don't let a can if chopped up cancer causing weed steal your health, your paycheck, or your freedom ! One day at a time. You can do this!

Let me know if you need another number. I'd be happy to help you beat this demon.
that's so funny about vacation. that's just what i do! never thought of it as a 'fix'. But it really is isn't it? I'll get through tonight and then it'll be day 4!
You're doing it great man! Just keep getting through one second, one minute, one hour, one day at a time and you got it beat! Celebrate the small wins- it gets better with every moment you go nicotine free!

Offline shstevens

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »

yes, i can relate to your post. Especially racing around to make sure i have enough dip before going on vacation. And hiding it! Ridiculous!  I really want to quit, but it's so hard. Day 3 today. i have a permanent headache, can't concentrate and feel like i'm in the fog described on the site. In a helpful way, it makes me realize i've got to get off this stuff. if this is what it does when i come off it, i must have a serious dependency.  why would i want that for the rest of my life.
You are quit. You are doing it. Yes, it is difficult, but I see you gave your word you would not use today, so I don't need to worry- neither do you. Just fight and win another day's spoils.

Yes, that is the fog you are in. Not much to do about it except put all this misery and confusion into the memory banks. When it goes away (yes, it will go away) you can remember what this addition did to you.

PM me if you need another number, but definitely make sure you have some to dial when the going gets rough.

what is PM?

Private Message. Scroll to top of page where the links are. Do you see Inbox? That's where you check your PM's. it will say Inbox (1), Inbox (2) etc.

It was just as hard for those before you. It was hard for me. It is hard for everyone. Embrace this time and holdbit close to you so you will remember how bad it sucks. It will get easier. It will. But for now you are just gonna have to sack up and do it.

Go to chat, do what you just did by posting in your intro thread, post it in Jan 14 Roll Call, TEXT your quit brothers and supporters. My cell number is on its way to you via PM right now. Text, call, whatever you need. I was recently where you are and know it is hard but doable. You got this! Hang in there!
Vacation...

This year we went on our annual vacation. First time in 18 years of marriage, including our honeymoon, that I didn't carefully hide cans in my suitcase and carryon just in case my luggage was lost. Sounds like you and I can relate, Sam. Then coming up with reasons to leave the room and go the the lobby or gym to hide out and get a fix. Let me tell you something... This was the best vacation I've ever had. I had nothing to hide. Didn't stress about wife going through my luggage. Just had fun. So nice to not lie and be sneaky.

There is pain in the process. No way around that. But there is tremendous gain ahead. I and the other guys reaching out to you are "in the gain." Don't let a can if chopped up cancer causing weed steal your health, your paycheck, or your freedom ! One day at a time. You can do this!

Let me know if you need another number. I'd be happy to help you beat this demon.
that's so funny about vacation. that's just what i do! never thought of it as a 'fix'. But it really is isn't it? I'll get through tonight and then it'll be day 4!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »

what is PM?

Vacation...

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »

what is PM?

Offline shstevens

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »

what is PM?

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »
Quote from: mrexskoalapple
throw all my dip away just joined this site figured its time to quit been chewin 10 yrs got up to two cans a day.. this is gonna be a pain the f'in ass! pray 4 me.
Welcome. You may want to start your own intro thread. I will send you a PM so we can get that going for you. You will want your own intro thread so you can make contacts with members here that will support you during your quit.

Offline mrexskoalapple

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
throw all my dip away just joined this site figured its time to quit been chewin 10 yrs got up to two cans a day.. this is gonna be a pain the f'in ass! pray 4 me.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Jungleland
i enjoy dipping so much so it's hard for me to think i can stop.
Quitting is hard, but being quit is easy.

Finding a spitter, disposing of spitter, cleaning spilled spitter, smelling spitter, sharing spitter, driving to the store for chew, pain on tongue, pain on cheek, pain on lip, ignoring the act of scraping dead flesh off my lower lip, convincing myself that I won't get cancer, checking my teeth in the mirror for grains, getting the chew smell off my breath, hiding my tin, smuggling my tin, lying to my family, gutting a chew the entire time I'm in the store, planning a family trip, making excuses to get away to chew in peace, washing my chew stained fingers, accidentally drinking out of my spitter, spending hard earned money, choosing to risk it all, having cravings, dealing with cravings, being moody, being crabby, breaking promises... Living THAT life is hard.

Dig down deep and find the MAN inside you that is stronger than this product than this marketed-to-the-young-let's-add-fiberglass-to-hook-em-harder-probably-should-be-illegal-kills-people-destroys-families god forsaken evil product.

You're doing great. Ditch the "I don't think I can" speak. No one is going to make you put nicotine in your system and this part is only temporary.

I can't wait to see the updates as the fog lifts and your resolve strengthens. You got this.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
The best thing you can do is to read everything this site has to offer. Start with the Kern's story that one should help get you through some tough craves. I used that on a lot early on.

I liked reading other quitter's intro threads- I usually would find a post by a vet and if it was interesting I would click on their profile- find all threads created by them- and start on page 1 of their intro; great stuff.

I found through all this that we are all the same- recovering addicts- I decided through all of this that if these other quitters can make it then why not I?? So Everyday I wake up and tell the world that I am quit today. I have done it successfully for 132 days. Some days sucked. But if Srans, SkoalMonster, and Californiaslim can do it then so can you and SO... keep on quitting it is worth the temporary pain to gain your freedom from that poison.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
Dig deep friend. You can do this. I seen you posted roll. Believe it or not that's where you made everything easier on yourself.

That post is your word to not use today, so caving is off the table. Me and 1000's of others expect you to keep that word. You can keep your word for a day right? See how this works?.?.

Your worth the withdraws, your worth the insomnia, your worth the emotional rollercoaster. Ask those that Care about you. I bet they say your worth it. You can do this,, you know how i know??? I'm doing it.!.! If this half redneck with half of a truck can do it you can to. Check your inbox,, you have mail.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »

yes, i can relate to your post. Especially racing around to make sure i have enough dip before going on vacation. And hiding it! Ridiculous! I really want to quit, but it's so hard. Day 3 today. i have a permanent headache, can't concentrate and feel like i'm in the fog described on the site. In a helpful way, it makes me realize i've got to get off this stuff. if this is what it does when i come off it, i must have a serious dependency. why would i want that for the rest of my life.

Offline Jungleland

• Quitter
  • Interests: Living
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Alan
Welcome, im right there with you, im in you HOF Quit group. If you need something say the word. We do this together
cool. what day are you on? this is day 2 for me. trying to take it a day at a time. i enjoy dipping so much so it's hard for me to think i can stop.
You don't enjoy dipping. You put the filthy disgusting poison in your pie hole because you're addicted. Your reward pathways in your brain are high jacked. Time to start building a hate for the poison. Start reading and learning about your addiction. Time to start getting that mind right or you won't last another day.
You don't enjoy dipping you hate pain (WP). The jacked up part of the poison you have to dip to get withdrawal to stop there is no enjoyment. Its a vicious cycle that begins with withdrawal---pain---dip---pain relief ---withdrawal nope no enjoy in the cycle at all.
Great welcome post!!! Follow the plan that the bad asses below have laid out for you, and I promise you'll look back at your first post in not too many days and shake your head and say... Wtf was I thinking?

Because my first post, and a lot of the first posts of the bad asses below, read like yours. Here are a few of the wonderful things, in retrospect, that nicotine brought to my life over 25 years:

-tempting cancer to tske me away from my family, by my choice
-lying to my family, sneaking around
-sharing most of my darkest secret only with the crackhead clerks at some gas station
-spitting out close to 40 thousand dollars
-frantically driving all over the island of Kauai looking for kodiak instead of waterfalls
-being terrified everytime I went to the dentist that I would be called out or have cancer
-allowing an addiction to contribute to a very unhealthy overall lifestyle
-selecting an addiction which most women do not find attractive

I could type all night but that gives you some idea of how my first post about "I will sure miss my good friend the Kodiak bear " has evolved to a new way of thinking. F that bear and what it did to me! You can do this. One day at a time. Nicotine isn't your friend... Tell me that what I typed above doesn't ring some chords of truth.....
I remember asking, how am I going to make it everyday without my grizzly. MY GRIZZLY!!!!!!! Ha!! I found out later that I belonged to grizzly, not the other way around. I never even contemplated THE FACT I WAS A SLAVE. When I discovered all the truths It made my quit stronger. When I discovered that the only thing the poison ever did for me was feed the hole that it created I could begin to take my life back.

I hope we didn't scare you off yesterday steve. I hope to see you today posted up in january hof group. Use this site friend. It will help you more than you could ever imagine. You need a number let me know...
yes, i can relate to your post. Especially racing around to make sure i have enough dip before going on vacation. And hiding it! Ridiculous! I really want to quit, but it's so hard. Day 3 today. i have a permanent headache, can't concentrate and feel like i'm in the fog described on the site. In a helpful way, it makes me realize i've got to get off this stuff. if this is what it does when i come off it, i must have a serious dependency. why would i want that for the rest of my life.
One thing I want to add... Damn right it's hard. This is where the men and boys are separated... don't want to quit. Just man up and quit - you can do it.

It will be awhile until you get all of the addict thoughts out of your head - but each day gets a little easier though you may not notice it at first.

Just take it one day at a time - we all do.

Offline shstevens

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
Welcome, im right there with you, im in you HOF Quit group. If you need something say the word. We do this together
cool. what day are you on? this is day 2 for me. trying to take it a day at a time. i enjoy dipping so much so it's hard for me to think i can stop.
You don't enjoy dipping. You put the filthy disgusting poison in your pie hole because you're addicted. Your reward pathways in your brain are high jacked. Time to start building a hate for the poison. Start reading and learning about your addiction. Time to start getting that mind right or you won't last another day.
You don't enjoy dipping you hate pain (WP). The jacked up part of the poison you have to dip to get withdrawal to stop there is no enjoyment. Its a vicious cycle that begins with withdrawal---pain---dip---pain relief ---withdrawal nope no enjoy in the cycle at all.
Great welcome post!!! Follow the plan that the bad asses below have laid out for you, and I promise you'll look back at your first post in not too many days and shake your head and say... Wtf was I thinking?

Because my first post, and a lot of the first posts of the bad asses below, read like yours. Here are a few of the wonderful things, in retrospect, that nicotine brought to my life over 25 years:

-sharing most of my darkest secret only with the crackhead clerks at some gas station
-frantically driving all over the island of Kauai looking for kodiak instead of waterfalls
-being terrified everytime I went to the dentist that I would be called out or have cancer

I could type all night but that gives you some idea of how my first post about "I will sure miss my good friend the Kodiak bear " has evolved to a new way of thinking. F that bear and what it did to me! You can do this. One day at a time. Nicotine isn't your friend... Tell me that what I typed above doesn't ring some chords of truth.....
I remember asking, how am I going to make it everyday without my grizzly. MY GRIZZLY!!!!!!! Ha!! I found out later that I belonged to grizzly, not the other way around. I never even contemplated THE FACT I WAS A SLAVE. When I discovered all the truths It made my quit stronger. When I discovered that the only thing the poison ever did for me was feed the hole that it created I could begin to take my life back.

I hope we didn't scare you off yesterday steve. I hope to see you today posted up in january hof group. Use this site friend. It will help you more than you could ever imagine. You need a number let me know...

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »