Author Topic: Last Step  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Last Step
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
Hi - welcome and congrats. This system of post roll and people
Getting on your butt works.... I am in for round 2 having quit in the a May group only to Cave in June .... But I am back on a quit again...

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
Quote from: CDub27
Quote from: abbysdaddy
Hey guys,
A little late on the intro
My name's Mike, I'm from Louisiana. 29, married to wonderful woman, Jenny, with a 1 yo daughter Abby. Over the past couple years I've successfully made several changes to better my life. All have been relatively painless. Now I am working on my most important quit. Dipped for 8 years, woke up one morning sometime last month and decided I was done. My quit's about more than just me. I don't want to die and leave my family behind any sooner than necessary. My last dip was 7/29/14. The first few days were rough, but it has gotten better. My family is happier, my gums feel better, and my wallet is $5 thicker every day I quit. I can't understand why I ever touched the poison. A few times I have felt the urge, and I have to tell myself that I am bigger than some little paper can. I bought a few cans of shredded beef jerky, it helps, as does peppermints. I'm back offshore now for my 14 day hitch. I brought no dip, only jerky and mints. So unless I break down and ask a coworker for a pinch (which my pride won't allow), I'll be quit for 28 days by the time I head home. I know challenges will present themselves, but I am trying to stay positive very day.

This is a great site, I look forward to getting to know and quitting everyday with y'all.
That's awesome man!! Welcome to the site... Make sure you get over to November quit group. That's where you will be posting everyday. Make sure it is every day!!

It takes someone strong to do this and you look serious at it.

Quit on!!
Huh. Well, read up, and learn how to post roll. Roll call is the life blood of the KTC. Do that for the November HoF group, and I'll quit with you.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline CDub27

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
Quote from: abbysdaddy
Hey guys,
My name's Mike, I'm from Louisiana. 29, married to wonderful woman, Jenny, with a 1 yo daughter Abby. Over the past couple years I've successfully made several changes to better my life. All have been relatively painless. Now I am working on my most important quit. Dipped for 8 years, woke up one morning sometime last month and decided I was done. My quit's about more than just me. I don't want to die and leave my family behind any sooner than necessary. My last dip was 7/29/14. The first few days were rough, but it has gotten better. My family is happier, my gums feel better, and my wallet is $5 thicker every day I quit. I can't understand why I ever touched the poison. A few times I have felt the urge, and I have to tell myself that I am bigger than some little paper can. I bought a few cans of shredded beef jerky, it helps, as does peppermints. I'm back offshore now for my 14 day hitch. I brought no dip, only jerky and mints. So unless I break down and ask a coworker for a pinch (which my pride won't allow), I'll be quit for 28 days by the time I head home. I know challenges will present themselves, but I am trying to stay positive very day.

This is a great site, I look forward to getting to know and quitting everyday with y'all.
That's awesome man!! Welcome to the site... Make sure you get over to November quit group. That's where you will be posting everyday. Make sure it is every day!!

It takes someone strong to do this and you look serious at it.

Quit on!!

Offline abbysdaddy

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
  • Likes Given: 0
Last Step
« on: August 15, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
Hey guys,