Author Topic: Last Step  (Read 1618 times)

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Last Step
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 06:45:00 AM »
Happy Birthday from a fellow SCQ. Proud to be quit with you today! Have a good one!

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
A lot of great responses. Don't dwell on the past that you can't change. Concentrate on the NOW! I waited until my daughter was 12 to quit and I wasted a lot of time dipping and all that goes with it instead of with her and my wife.

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »
Nice job quitting. Start thinking of a plan now for when you hit land again. Create some accountability with other quitters.

You can do this!

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 11:36:00 PM »
I can relate also - just use it as a good reminder what nic can do when you let it

Offline DirtyEddy

• https:
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-11
  • Interests: My wife and two amazing kids, anything with an extended magazine, chasin bad guys, jumpin out of perfectly good airplanes, writing books, graphic 3-D design/art, martial arts, Ghost Peppers, training, yeah there's not a lot of things that don't interest me. So far the only thing I've not been good at is quitting , go figure.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »
Quote from: abbysdaddy
I was a selfish asshole before I quit. I would actually stop playing with my baby girl, get up, and walk away from her so I could take a dip. I lost time with my baby girl that I will never get back because I chose dip over my baby girl. That is horrible.
I hear that one loud and clear. I have to face the same chewer's remorse for the same loss of time. As a "closet" chewer, I too would give time to the nicbitch that I should have given to my two kids. Now be selfish for the time with your baby girl, and send the nicbitch packing instead.

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 04:13:00 AM »
Welcome to the site. It takes a strong mindset to quit nicotine. I believe that you can do it. Post roll everyday. Honor your word. Hold yourself accountable and others as well. Repeat success the next day. Read Read Read. Make some friends. You can do this. I know you can.

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
I was a selfish asshole before I quit. I would actually stop playing with my baby girl, get up, and walk away from her so I could take a dip. I lost time with my baby girl that I will never get back because I chose dip over my baby girl. That is horrible.
I wrestle with this one daily. The guilt can actually be consuming when I stop and think about all the times I put dipping ahead of being with my daughter and my wife.
You can't change the past --- only learn from it

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
I wrestle with this one daily. The guilt can actually be consuming when I stop and think about all the times I put dipping ahead of being with my daughter and my wife.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
Thought for today: a pound of cope lc is roughly $66.00.
Compare that to your favorite "luxury" food item.

Last night was testy. The hardest thing I'm dealing with right now is the physical habit of dipping. As long as i have the jerky to "dip" Im perfectly content. So question is how do you wean off of that?

On a good note:
This morning my supervisor said to me " I heard you are trying to quit dipping."
In a prideful and almost arrogant tone I responded, " No, I'm not TRYING to quit. I QUIT 18 days ago."
It felt pretty good. Fck that dip.
Welcome to the rest of your life. Congrats on quitting. Don't worry about trying to ween yourself off beef jerky. Use whatever you need to use right now. Protect your quit. Eventually you won't need the jerky. But for now it's much better to use jerky than to use poison. I used fake dip until day 60. No shame in doing what you need to do to stay quit. I quit with you today brother. Welcome.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
You will discover a few horrible truths. Don't let them consume you. Turn the bad into good and move on. Use the truths to make a better you. Great job my friend, you have a great quit going. Your daughter is young enough she will forget you ever used!
The good news is that along with those horrible truths you're going to have some wonderful firsts with your daughter as well. Concentrate on those ... the moments where you realize "This is the first time I've done this without a dip in." That's the important shit ... that's the stuff that'll keep your ass quit. Proud of you man ... welcome to your quit, I'm quit with you!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
You will discover a few horrible truths. Don't let them consume you. Turn the bad into good and move on. Use the truths to make a better you. Great job my friend, you have a great quit going. Your daughter is young enough she will forget you ever used!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline abbysdaddy

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »

Last night was testy. The hardest thing I'm dealing with right now is the physical habit of dipping. As long as i have the jerky to "dip" Im perfectly content. So question is how do you wean off of that?

On a good note:
This morning my supervisor said to me " I heard you are trying to quit dipping."
In a prideful and almost arrogant tone I responded, " No, I'm not TRYING to quit. I QUIT 18 days ago."
Very nice I like what you said to your boss. That us the exact right attitude to have. Keep it up.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline abbysdaddy

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »

On a good note:

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »
Great decision. I understand, I don't want to die earlier than I am supposed to either, leaving my beautiful wife and currently 7-year old son alone in this world. I quit 11 days ago after 23 years of chewing. Crazy, it feels like it was just a couple years ago my "friend" offered me my first dip at a Jr. high football game. Hang in there - we are quit together. You got this. You have to get this!