Author Topic: May quit round 2  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: May quit round 2
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 02:06:00 PM »
Quote from: PMILS
Congrats Scotty on your HOF! Enjoy the ride, I am proud to be quit with you!
HOF, nice! Enjoy the day!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline PMILS

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • September 16 STD
  • Quit Date: 14Jun16
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 08:56:00 AM »
Congrats Scotty on your HOF! Enjoy the ride, I am proud to be quit with you!
ENJOY YOUR QUIT TODAY!!

Intro

HOF Speech

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »
Okay....so you know it's gonna SUCK for a while. Resign yourself to that fact. DEAL WITH IT....it is the price of freedom. Figure out your own personal method of transforming those suck-ass cravings into an intense hatred for that insidious weed. Sooner or later, the suck will start to decrease and you'll be able to glimpse rays of clarity you've not seen in what, you said 16 years? You can do this, because countless others have. Wake up, piss, post roll, honor your word, and do it all over again tomorrow. And oh, BTW.....quitting nicotine has never actually killed anyone to my knowledge....it just seems like it to those going through the mental mind games....

Quit on, brother....we are all right here beside you pulling for you.

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1533
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 12:05:00 AM »
Wake up, scratch your fur orbs, pick your nose, piss all over the toilet seat, wash your hands very good, go to the computer and post roll. Do this every day and make that promise that you won't use nicotine in any form. It's that simple. But it's that simple every day over and over again. You make a commitment to us, just like we make to you, that that little nic bitch will not be a part of our lives.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »
Scotty, welcome to KTC! Click on the first link in my signature. What you have is an addiction to nicotine. You need to let that sink in. It's friggin terrible. You are a fockin junkie. Just like the rest of us. Everyone here.

No matter how long you quit, when you put nicotine in your body, you will suffer the same agonizing withdrawal when you stop. The question is, do you want to be quit, or using? The only way to stay quit is to stay quit. Very simple, but very difficult.

You've posted roll. That's step #1. Make this a habit. I do it right after I get dressed in the morning. I don't go out of the house without clothes on. I don't go out of the house without my promise to you that I am quit today.

Very focking simple. Very focking hard. Make this your new habit.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Kodismack

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
Welcome

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 03:21:00 PM »
It's simple, post and keep your promise!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 03:14:00 PM »
Scotty,

Welcome to KTC. We are all addicts here, and the withdrawals suck for awhile, then go away, then come back but not quite as bad, then go away and so on. We post our daily promise early and quit one day, one hour, one minute at a time, together. Get involved and you will have more support than you need to wipe out the anxiety. I am over a year quit and post everyday because I know I would fail by myself, hell I let myself down all the time, however, the bond and my promise to my KTC people is stronger than any urge or temptation.

The nicotine is almost out of your system, so now it is just mental games. Be strong Scotty, you got this.

Quit with you,

Corbin

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Scotty
Done and done. This is a great website.
It is and it saved my life. And the rules are simple!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Scotty Watty

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-06-06
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 01:41:00 PM »
Done and done. This is a great website.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »
Read the welcome center and post roll with your group - it's a daily promise not to use nicotine in any form for 24 hours.

You never quit before, only stopped.

And yes, you go through withdrawals every time you stop - I suggest quitting versus stopping, and these withdrawals will be the last you ever have.

Offline Scotty Watty

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-06-06
May quit round 2
« on: June 09, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »
So first off i'd like to thank whomever created this site. Reading everyone's posts/stories has really helped me cope with the insomnia/anxiety aspect of my quit. So my original quit date was May 16th (my birthday) after 8 years of dipping (longcut/pouches/camel snus) at 2 cans + a day over the past few years. I have always suffered from anxiety to some extent and thought I was ready for what was to come. The first week was awful. Very little sleep, irritable and anxious a lot of the time. Weeks 2 and 3 were much better with only a few small bouts of anxiety/lack of sleep, however the cravings had increased quite a bit. For some idiotic reason, this past weekend (June 4th-6th), i decided to dip and dip alot. Just like I did before. Thanks to this mental weakness, i feel like these first 3 days quitting again are just like the last time, if not a little worse. I did some research on anxiety and used some belly breathing techniques that have helped alot, and also made an appointment with my doctor next Monday. I never want to feel like i have the last few days again so this time i'm done for sure.