Author Topic: Really Had Enough  (Read 1520 times)

Offline VAWilly

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Really Had Enough
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 05:09:00 AM »
You know, a few years ago a guy I know managed to total his wife's Excursion two days after he let the insurance lapse. I thought he was an irresponsible jerk.

By a conservative calculation, I've not only managed to piss away $40,000 on chopped stinky brown weed, but I then packed it into a prominent public place where noticeable quantities of the resulting brown ooze accumulated at the corners of my mouth and frequently left a light but visible stain down the center of my chin and sometimes down front of my shirt where that last bit of drool had maintained a connection between my spit can and my lip as I returned the perpetually present spitter to its resting place. I then proceeded out into the world and began trying to impress others with my shit-togetherness.

So what did others think of me as I greeted them with that tobacco juice stained smile and a nice stinky breath 'good morning!'? Maybe this is why it's not generally a good idea to judge others. At least the guy who totaled the Excursion didn't suffer much more than a bump on the head.

Third day clean and sober and it already feels much better.
Live Usefully

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
The wasted money spent on poison to kill yourself with; the loss of freedom b\c your entire existence is based around getting your nicotine fix: these are things to be enraged about and fuel your quit with. When you get the urge to celebrate with a chew focus your rage right where it belongs: hate the poison and its pushers. You are most likely going to be angry for a while early in your quit so use it to your advantage. I know personally that my revulsion at the thought of giving big tobacco one more cent had crushed 90% of my craves all by itself... You got this.

Offline VAWilly

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 06:53:00 AM »
Thanks guys, 30 hours now. My quitting experience has been usually to make it though the first 72 hours of the funk/fuzz/haze I'm in now and then (this is embarrassing) tell myself something like, 'well now, now that you've whipped your chew addiction, let's celebrate with a chew'. And then I return to my miserable little position of servitude where chew literally rules my life. By this I mean that everything (including the family) comes after first satisfying the demands of nicotine.

Freedom, Fellowship, Funds ($4 more in the wallet this morning).

So $4/day x 25 years x 365 days / year = I REALLY DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT!
Live Usefully

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: wmcatty
Hey Willy.  Welcome to KTC.  I had a 45 year long affair with nicotine so I guess I have earned the right to say that I can relate to you.  Also, nice job of posting roll this morning.  I trust you have at least started reading the materials in the welcome center, so I will just touch on the one issue I think is the most important:roll.  Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the March, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in March is that will be the month that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotine…your Hall of Fame date. If you are out of town, your phone explodes and there are no pc's to log into the site from, text your daily promise to a brother and that person will post for you. Easy. So there is no excuse for not posting roll. That is the first step in accountability. Now, look up at the top right of your screen and you will see your Inbox(1).  That is a pm from me with my telephone number.  Call me 24/7 when you need to talk to someone, vent, rage or just shoot the shit.  Get more numbers from the guys in your quit group...that will be your life line in the event you start thinking the kids and wife are gone and you can handle one more dip today...you can't!  Congratulations on making the best decision of your life. Wayne
hey VAWilly, Welcome to hell you're gonna love it.
Big Wayne laid it out, up to you to use the tools brother.
We all do this the same way....ODAAT and NAFAR.
Bring it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm with Wayne I also earned the right as a 40+ year addict, we may just seem like some old bastards that don't get it. Just the opposite we've had most of the experiences you will experience during our love hate relationship with nicotine. Welcome.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
Quote from: wmcatty
Hey Willy. Welcome to KTC. I had a 45 year long affair with nicotine so I guess I have earned the right to say that I can relate to you. Also, nice job of posting roll this morning. I trust you have at least started reading the materials in the welcome center, so I will just touch on the one issue I think is the most important:roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the March, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in March is that will be the month that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date. If you are out of town, your phone explodes and there are no pc's to log into the site from, text your daily promise to a brother and that person will post for you. Easy. So there is no excuse for not posting roll. That is the first step in accountability. Now, look up at the top right of your screen and you will see your Inbox(1). That is a pm from me with my telephone number. Call me 24/7 when you need to talk to someone, vent, rage or just shoot the shit. Get more numbers from the guys in your quit group...that will be your life line in the event you start thinking the kids and wife are gone and you can handle one more dip today...you can't! Congratulations on making the best decision of your life. Wayne
hey VAWilly, Welcome to hell you're gonna love it.
Big Wayne laid it out, up to you to use the tools brother.
We all do this the same way....ODAAT and NAFAR.
Bring it.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
Hey Willy. Welcome to KTC. I had a 45 year long affair with nicotine so I guess I have earned the right to say that I can relate to you. Also, nice job of posting roll this morning. I trust you have at least started reading the materials in the welcome center, so I will just touch on the one issue I think is the most important:roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the March, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in March is that will be the month that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date. If you are out of town, your phone explodes and there are no pc's to log into the site from, text your daily promise to a brother and that person will post for you. Easy. So there is no excuse for not posting roll. That is the first step in accountability. Now, look up at the top right of your screen and you will see your Inbox(1). That is a pm from me with my telephone number. Call me 24/7 when you need to talk to someone, vent, rage or just shoot the shit. Get more numbers from the guys in your quit group...that will be your life line in the event you start thinking the kids and wife are gone and you can handle one more dip today...you can't! Congratulations on making the best decision of your life. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Welcome aboard KTC!! Post roll as soon as you wake up in the morning, each and every morning. With that post you are promising a bunch of other nicotine quitters that you will be quit for that one day. It's that easy!!!

Hunker down and get down the next couple of days. You can do it.

I quit nicotine with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
Welcome to the group. I'm day 11 today. KTC gets all of the credit of getting me to today  teaching me to take it odaat.

Drink lots of water to flush that poison out  like a number of the vets around have said, cram anything else into that piehole except tobacco. The fake stuff is not bad  it really ebbs the craves.

You can do this, there are about 30 other guys in our quit group  we're all quitting for ourselves and each other today.
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline VAWilly

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
I'm on board thanks! 12:10 AM EST 12/19/2013. Had a rough morning with the kids but we all survived. Bag of baby carrots, lots of decaf, lunch with a buddy. Feeling pretty good; there's Power in Fellowship.
Live Usefully

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
post roll and quit Willy. One day at a time. All the cool guys are doing it.

It sucks and its awesome all mixed into one.

PB

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:30:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: VAWilly
Checking in.  50 something, dipping for more than half my life.  Suffer the agony of quitting a couple times a year and then for some dumbass reason, tell myself, 'just today while the kids are out of town' and then it's down in the dark hole again.  Enough.
ok
'libs2'
Willy, I read this as you being through with half your life and you're starting to think you might not want to be a slave to a can of poison any longer. If this is the case, check out the burnt sienna colored welcome center button up top to find out why and where to post your quit promise. That little promise and your honor are the key to unlock the shackles. Get some lad, you're running out of time.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:24:00 AM »
Checking in.  50 something, dipping for more than half my life.  Suffer the agony of quitting a couple times a year and then for some dumbass reason, tell myself, 'just today while the kids are out of town' and then it's down in the dark hole again.  Enough.
ok
'libs2'
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »
Checking in. 50 something, dipping for more than half my life. Suffer the agony of quitting a couple times a year and then for some dumbass reason, tell myself, 'just today while the kids are out of town' and then it's down in the dark hole again. Enough.
My advice, don't check in. Jump in with both feet and start chugging the KTC Koolaid! Read the Welcome center and start posting roll. If you are at 50 days, that puts you in the Feb Freedom Fighters group.

Give me a shout if you need anything.

Offline VAWilly

• Quitter
Really Had Enough
« on: December 19, 2013, 12:29:00 AM »
Checking in. 50 something, dipping for more than half my life. Suffer the agony of quitting a couple times a year and then for some dumbass reason, tell myself, 'just today while the kids are out of town' and then it's down in the dark hole again. Enough.
Live Usefully