Author Topic: Never a better time to quit  (Read 998 times)

Offline LSUTiger

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Never a better time to quit
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Seems like a damn good time to quit to me. Quitting is for life. Embrace the struggle, it's worth it. Keep fighting.
One day at a time....
Quit: 2/3/2013

"A smooth sea never made for a skillful sailor"

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:09:00 AM »
Welcome Cory and congrats on the pending new addition! I believe you're right to be concerned for a future with poison stuffed in your lip. You're doing the right thing by putting yourself and your family above tobacco. Fortunately, the folks here have made that process very simple and the only thing you really need to learn is the concept of accountability and how to post roll. Up top, there's a welcome center tab whose color is in dispute. There, you'll find the answers you seek which aren't in dispute. Post your promise every day, honor it and find freedom!

Offline cactusem

• Quitter
  • Plant Based
  • Quit Date: 01-18-14
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
You are so right, Cory. Never a better time than now. Get tobacco out of your life. I quit with you today. Quit one day at a time. Within a month - when your son arrives - you will be a hard core quitter.

Offline Corwhuss

Never a better time to quit
« on: February 06, 2014, 05:56:00 AM »
Hi all. Cory here and I am having my first son within the month. Have spent tons of time pouring over baby books, learning everything I can, building baby furniture, etc. and now all I can think about is being there for my son and wife not just now but as long as I can. One of my coworkers the other day told me that his wife had passed away 15 years prior from smoking and that there will always be things that can happen, things that are out of my control, but that my body is the one thing I can control. It hit me hard, made me start thinking. If tobacco kills me and leaves my family without... I have no excuse for that. So here I go, thanks already for your posts. I have already learned a bit from them and expect to learn some more.