Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: tsmithvermont
Quote from: SirDerek
Hi Everybody,
    I am 27 years old and am in my 6th day of my quit.  I used a combination of snus and dip for 3 years.  I began using snus in college while studying, and moved my way to dip over the past year.  I can honestly say that the past 3 years have been filled with a general embarrassment about my addiction.  I have decided to quit countless times, and have "had my last dip" hundreds of times.  I joined this group at KTC because I truly want this out of my life. 
   I recently got married and I know that my habit has been tough on my wife.  I didn't quit only for her, but I desire to live a long healthy life, without the constant deception and ninja style dips.  I owe it to my family and myself to truly rid my life of that poison that I have chosen to flood my system with.
   I am two years completely sober from alcohol, and I used nicotine as a "justified" addiction.  I have been battling with addiction since I was 15, and nicotine has been that "innocent" addiction that is the lesser of two evils.  Well, not anymore, I'm done, and by the Grace of God I will stay quit. 
   Like I said, I'm on day 6.  I'm still having a lot of trouble, but I'm going to push through it no matter what.  The hardest part is my irritability and to be quite honest, anger.  I'm not being aggressive, but I'm having a truly inner battle with my thoughts and a terrible feeling of discomfort.  I want to be the sweet and loving husband that my wife deserves.  If anybody has any advice or encouraging words I would greatly appreciate it. I am so grateful for this community.KTC has been a true blessing, thank you all of listening. 
-tsmithvermont
Hey bud, well done so far. You should have the nicotene out of your system by now and from here on out it is a mind game.

If you feel irritable or angry jump on the site here and post it, jump into live chat and yell at us. Make sure you find positive outlets (exercise and such).

You got this as it does get so much better. And we will all be right there beside you.
Thank you, I appreciate the support. I'm actually 28, that was a typo. I guess I'm in a bit Ida fog... can't even remember how old I am!
I think we have a quitter here folks. What you are feeling right now is normal and it wil get better. Congratulations on a great decision. If you need anything reach out. Get to know a few people on the site, and do it quickly. It is imperative. And hey, I dig the committment, but dont worry about forever just yet. Quit for today.

Ryan
Exchange some digits quickly within Oct. Make these guys your first line of defense as they are going through the suck and funk with you right now.

Rage and vent in here, with a brother or on LIVE CHAT Family is off limits and remember, we did this to ourselves.

Own it or be owned by it
Hey man welcome to the brotherhood. I saw you've been posting roll, that makes you a bad ass. Get as involved as you can with this site and drink as much of the cool aid as you can! The more you plug in the stronger your quit becomes. I am proud to be quit with you!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Hi Everybody,
    I am 27 years old and am in my 6th day of my quit.  I used a combination of snus and dip for 3 years.  I began using snus in college while studying, and moved my way to dip over the past year.  I can honestly say that the past 3 years have been filled with a general embarrassment about my addiction.  I have decided to quit countless times, and have "had my last dip" hundreds of times.  I joined this group at KTC because I truly want this out of my life. 
   I recently got married and I know that my habit has been tough on my wife.  I didn't quit only for her, but I desire to live a long healthy life, without the constant deception and ninja style dips.  I owe it to my family and myself to truly rid my life of that poison that I have chosen to flood my system with.
   I am two years completely sober from alcohol, and I used nicotine as a "justified" addiction.  I have been battling with addiction since I was 15, and nicotine has been that "innocent" addiction that is the lesser of two evils.  Well, not anymore, I'm done, and by the Grace of God I will stay quit. 
   Like I said, I'm on day 6.  I'm still having a lot of trouble, but I'm going to push through it no matter what.  The hardest part is my irritability and to be quite honest, anger.  I'm not being aggressive, but I'm having a truly inner battle with my thoughts and a terrible feeling of discomfort.  I want to be the sweet and loving husband that my wife deserves.  If anybody has any advice or encouraging words I would greatly appreciate it. I am so grateful for this community.KTC has been a true blessing, thank you all of listening. 
-tsmithvermont
Hey bud, well done so far. You should have the nicotene out of your system by now and from here on out it is a mind game.

If you feel irritable or angry jump on the site here and post it, jump into live chat and yell at us. Make sure you find positive outlets (exercise and such).

You got this as it does get so much better. And we will all be right there beside you.
Thank you, I appreciate the support. I'm actually 28, that was a typo. I guess I'm in a bit Ida fog... can't even remember how old I am!
I think we have a quitter here folks. What you are feeling right now is normal and it wil get better. Congratulations on a great decision. If you need anything reach out. Get to know a few people on the site, and do it quickly. It is imperative. And hey, I dig the committment, but dont worry about forever just yet. Quit for today.

Ryan
Exchange some digits quickly within Oct. Make these guys your first line of defense as they are going through the suck and funk with you right now.

Rage and vent in here, with a brother or on LIVE CHAT Family is off limits and remember, we did this to ourselves.

Own it or be owned by it
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Hi Everybody,
-tsmithvermont

Ryan

Offline tsmithvermont

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
Hi Everybody,
-tsmithvermont

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
Hi Everybody,
I am 27 years old and am in my 6th day of my quit. I used a combination of snus and dip for 3 years. I began using snus in college while studying, and moved my way to dip over the past year. I can honestly say that the past 3 years have been filled with a general embarrassment about my addiction. I have decided to quit countless times, and have "had my last dip" hundreds of times. I joined this group at KTC because I truly want this out of my life.
I recently got married and I know that my habit has been tough on my wife. I didn't quit only for her, but I desire to live a long healthy life, without the constant deception and ninja style dips. I owe it to my family and myself to truly rid my life of that poison that I have chosen to flood my system with.
I am two years completely sober from alcohol, and I used nicotine as a "justified" addiction. I have been battling with addiction since I was 15, and nicotine has been that "innocent" addiction that is the lesser of two evils. Well, not anymore, I'm done, and by the Grace of God I will stay quit.
Like I said, I'm on day 6. I'm still having a lot of trouble, but I'm going to push through it no matter what. The hardest part is my irritability and to be quite honest, anger. I'm not being aggressive, but I'm having a truly inner battle with my thoughts and a terrible feeling of discomfort. I want to be the sweet and loving husband that my wife deserves. If anybody has any advice or encouraging words I would greatly appreciate it. I am so grateful for this community.KTC has been a true blessing, thank you all of listening.
-tsmithvermont

Offline tsmithvermont

• Quitter
Introduction
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
Hi Everybody,
I am 27 years old and am in my 6th day of my quit. I used a combination of snus and dip for 3 years. I began using snus in college while studying, and moved my way to dip over the past year. I can honestly say that the past 3 years have been filled with a general embarrassment about my addiction. I have decided to quit countless times, and have "had my last dip" hundreds of times. I joined this group at KTC because I truly want this out of my life.
I recently got married and I know that my habit has been tough on my wife. I didn't quit only for her, but I desire to live a long healthy life, without the constant deception and ninja style dips. I owe it to my family and myself to truly rid my life of that poison that I have chosen to flood my system with.
I am two years completely sober from alcohol, and I used nicotine as a "justified" addiction. I have been battling with addiction since I was 15, and nicotine has been that "innocent" addiction that is the lesser of two evils. Well, not anymore, I'm done, and by the Grace of God I will stay quit.
Like I said, I'm on day 6. I'm still having a lot of trouble, but I'm going to push through it no matter what. The hardest part is my irritability and to be quite honest, anger. I'm not being aggressive, but I'm having a truly inner battle with my thoughts and a terrible feeling of discomfort. I want to be the sweet and loving husband that my wife deserves. If anybody has any advice or encouraging words I would greatly appreciate it. I am so grateful for this community.KTC has been a true blessing, thank you all of listening.
-tsmithvermont