Author Topic: Living.  (Read 1238 times)

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Living.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
Quote from: kysteve
I started one day at a time 23 days ago..... :)
That right there is the key. One day at a time. So simple. Post early and make promise, keep promise, repeat the next day. Really is simple if you do that and mentally shut the door on the possibility of dipping. Once you shut that door and burn your boat, you'll know it.

And one of the most important things is...remain active on KTC. Come here every morning and post. There are guys with thousands of days who still do it. I plan to do the same.

Good job!

Offline kysteve

• Quitter
  • Interests: Living.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
Thank you Aglawyer! Appreciate the post!

Congrats on where you're at today! Feels good to be taking my life back for the first time it seems! I'm so ready for the freedom!

Same goes here... If you need anything, I'm here! I'm not leaving.... THIS FEELS TOO GOOD!

I started one day at a time 23 days ago..... :)
Asked to list my interests on day one.....
Simply put..... Living.

Quit date: 02-21-2012

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
Welcome, Steve.

You've made a wise choice. Stick around and stay quit, keep your promise. It gets so much easier. Shout if you need anything. We have similar stats. Same age and same length of use. Freedom is a good thing.

Offline kysteve

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »
Thanks guys!! Amazing site!!

I've only been here for about 24 hours but already feel completely renewed in my quit!

I'm confident once again!!

THANK YOU!!

Let's do this!!!
Simply put..... Living.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
Hey all... Name is Steve... found this site yesterday and just in time.

Today is day 21 for my quit. I'm 40 yrs old and let it control me for the last 22 years. I'm married with two girls. Before I quit on Feb 21st, I told the three women in my life I was quitting for them and me. I love my family very much but after three weeks I realized that if I was going to quit for good, it had to be solely for me and not them or anyone else. It's been hell at times because even after the nicotine is gone the battle rages on. I've alienated all three of them at times only to sit back and blame them for not being supportive.... Always just looking and waiting to cave and blame someone else! NO MORE!

Yesterday was my breaking point and I survived it! After barking back and forth with my wife I finally retreated and left to go get a can. I had all the reasons packed away in my mind why it was right. I pulled in, made the purchase and hurried off to the car like the addict I was (looking around to see if anyone saw me). I drove off and headed down the road while slitting open that lid at the same time. Never once thinking this was wrong. Never once thinking I was pissing away the last three weeks of the pain I had endured. Before actually taking a dip, I reached down and smelled it.... I almost got sick! I couldn't believe it! When it came right down to it I couldn't do it! That's when I realized, without a doubt, this quit wasn't for them, it is solely for me!! I'm tired of being a prisoner to it. I'm tired of it controlling me. I'm out for good. I enjoy Living more.
Way to go Steve. Now that you've gotten to your quit point, read everything you can on this site, particularly in the welcome center. Post roll, reach out and make contact with people here. They will help you stay true to yourself. I completely agree that quitting for yourself is the way to go, don't take out your craves and rage on family, let it loose here. We can handle it and understand it.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: klark

Today is day 21 for my quit.  I'm 40 yrs old and let it control me for the last 22 years.  I'm married with two girls.  Before I quit on Feb 21st, I told the three women in my life I was quitting for them and me.  I love my family very much but after three weeks I realized that if I was going to quit for good, it had to be solely for me and not them or anyone else.  It's been hell at times because even after the nicotine is gone the battle rages on.  I've alienated all three of them at times only to sit back and blame them for not being supportive.... Always just looking and waiting to cave and blame someone else!  NO MORE! 

Yesterday was my breaking point and I survived it!  After barking back and forth with my wife I finally retreated and left to go get a can.  I had all the reasons packed away in my mind why it was right.  I pulled in, made the purchase and hurried off to the car like the addict I was (looking around to see if anyone saw me).  I drove off and headed down the road while slitting open that lid at the same time.  Never once thinking this was wrong.  Never once thinking I was pissing away the last three weeks of the pain I had endured.  Before actually taking a dip, I reached down and smelled it.... I almost got sick! I couldn't believe it!  When it came right down to it I couldn't do it!  That's when I realized, without a doubt, this quit wasn't for them, it is solely for me!!  I'm tired of being a prisoner to it.  I'm tired of it controlling me.  I'm out for good.  I enjoy Living more.
Way to go steve, you made the right choice. Glad to hear you are quitting for yourself as quitting or others rarely if ever works. Bring the rage here, we can handle it.
Bring the rage here Steve. We will all rage with you, maybe at you, maybe at each other. But, as opposed to your family, we know what you are dealing with. We KNOW. So apologize often to the family, then go online take it out on us.

The slavery thing is what drove me to quit. Keep reading (HOF speeches, etc) and you will uncover a lot more proof that you were a slave.

Glad to be quit with you, and glad to have you in the Gay Pirates of may!. The MAYan destruction. we like turtles the May2012 quitters.
Great job!!!

We can all relate to why this is for you and soley for you, the women in your life are not the ones who made you chew in the first place and that realization is what has made my quit succeed to this point!

I had fallen many times like you stated and blamed them for my going back, the only thing that made me was an asshole! I have been quit for 35 days and counting I will not ever blame anyone but myslef for getting to this point and as prize I will have my family not busted apart by my mood swings that the nic bitch caused!

One of the best things is I will not blame anyone but me if I were to fail, but my family reaps the benefits when I succeed!

Very glad to be quit with you today, stay strong and you will continue on the right path!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
Quote from: klark

Today is day 21 for my quit.  I'm 40 yrs old and let it control me for the last 22 years.  I'm married with two girls.  Before I quit on Feb 21st, I told the three women in my life I was quitting for them and me.  I love my family very much but after three weeks I realized that if I was going to quit for good, it had to be solely for me and not them or anyone else.  It's been hell at times because even after the nicotine is gone the battle rages on.  I've alienated all three of them at times only to sit back and blame them for not being supportive.... Always just looking and waiting to cave and blame someone else!  NO MORE! 

Yesterday was my breaking point and I survived it!  After barking back and forth with my wife I finally retreated and left to go get a can.  I had all the reasons packed away in my mind why it was right.  I pulled in, made the purchase and hurried off to the car like the addict I was (looking around to see if anyone saw me).  I drove off and headed down the road while slitting open that lid at the same time.  Never once thinking this was wrong.  Never once thinking I was pissing away the last three weeks of the pain I had endured.  Before actually taking a dip, I reached down and smelled it.... I almost got sick! I couldn't believe it!  When it came right down to it I couldn't do it!  That's when I realized, without a doubt, this quit wasn't for them, it is solely for me!!  I'm tired of being a prisoner to it.  I'm tired of it controlling me.  I'm out for good.  I enjoy Living more.
Way to go steve, you made the right choice. Glad to hear you are quitting for yourself as quitting or others rarely if ever works. Bring the rage here, we can handle it.
Bring the rage here Steve. We will all rage with you, maybe at you, maybe at each other. But, as opposed to your family, we know what you are dealing with. We KNOW. So apologize often to the family, then go online take it out on us.

The slavery thing is what drove me to quit. Keep reading (HOF speeches, etc) and you will uncover a lot more proof that you were a slave.

Glad to be quit with you, and glad to have you in the Gay Pirates of may!. The MAYan destruction. we like turtles the May2012 quitters.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »

Today is day 21 for my quit. I'm 40 yrs old and let it control me for the last 22 years. I'm married with two girls. Before I quit on Feb 21st, I told the three women in my life I was quitting for them and me. I love my family very much but after three weeks I realized that if I was going to quit for good, it had to be solely for me and not them or anyone else. It's been hell at times because even after the nicotine is gone the battle rages on. I've alienated all three of them at times only to sit back and blame them for not being supportive.... Always just looking and waiting to cave and blame someone else! NO MORE!

Yesterday was my breaking point and I survived it! After barking back and forth with my wife I finally retreated and left to go get a can. I had all the reasons packed away in my mind why it was right. I pulled in, made the purchase and hurried off to the car like the addict I was (looking around to see if anyone saw me). I drove off and headed down the road while slitting open that lid at the same time. Never once thinking this was wrong. Never once thinking I was pissing away the last three weeks of the pain I had endured. Before actually taking a dip, I reached down and smelled it.... I almost got sick! I couldn't believe it! When it came right down to it I couldn't do it! That's when I realized, without a doubt, this quit wasn't for them, it is solely for me!! I'm tired of being a prisoner to it. I'm tired of it controlling me. I'm out for good. I enjoy Living more.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline kysteve

• Quitter
Living.
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »

Simply put..... Living.