Author Topic: Today's The Day  (Read 2795 times)

Offline greg2011

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today's The Day
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
Thought Ianswered all three but here it is. I failed because in a moment of stress I decided on the easy path, rationalizing that it had been so long that a few wouldn't matter, rather than checking in here. The how it happened is clear. The plan going forward is to check in here more than ladt time and for longer rather than spacing when the quit got easy.

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
Quote from: greg2011
Sorry for the delay. As for the reason I screwed up, it's an excuse, but I was waiting on a jury where my guy was looking at life on something he was not guilty of. Hours passed and I pussed out and sent my investigator to get me a can. I thought I could just have one or two while I waited but the next day I finished the can and it went from there. It was a total cop out and eleven months in I shouldn't have done it.

This place got me through last time and I'll be in here a lot. I'm writing this sitting in court with my head on fire and feel like I'm going crazy.
Nicotine will never make any situation better. It will only make you a slave.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
  • Interests: Snowboarding/snowshoeing, skydiving, fast cars, knives, A/V, smart engineering, squash, DIY electronics, and all kinds of mental/psychic/physical competitions: logic, strategy, endurance, and tactical games.
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Sorry for the delay.  As for the reason I screwed up, it's an excuse, but I was waiting on a jury where my guy was looking at life on something he was not guilty of.  Hours passed and I pussed out and sent my investigator to get me a can.  I thought I could just have one or two while I waited but the next day I finished the can and it went from there.  It was a total cop out and eleven months in I shouldn't have done it.

This place got me through last time and I'll be in here a lot.  I'm writing this sitting in court with my head on fire and feel like I'm going crazy.
Wait a second - you know your cave started when you sent the stooge out for your drug of choice, right? Not the next day, when the can is empty. That is crystal clear to you? You could have called him back and said forget it, chucked that can when he handed it to you, or even thrown that first dip in the trash instead of in your lip. And at any point here while "hours passed", you could have tried calling or texting someone here, or at the very least reading your cave plan or introduction (print it out!).

"But Your Honor, I am not guilty of this murder. I only broke in and tied his hands together, Tex was the one that stabbed him!"

'chain'

Also, Wedge asked you three questions, and I do not believe you answered all three. Maybe you are busy right this minute. It is day 1. Think it through, and please answer each of the questions seriously, and you might be taken seriously. Thanks.
I have to earn this signature line - one day of roll at a time

Offline greg2011

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
Sorry for the delay. As for the reason I screwed up, it's an excuse, but I was waiting on a jury where my guy was looking at life on something he was not guilty of. Hours passed and I pussed out and sent my investigator to get me a can. I thought I could just have one or two while I waited but the next day I finished the can and it went from there. It was a total cop out and eleven months in I shouldn't have done it.

This place got me through last time and I'll be in here a lot. I'm writing this sitting in court with my head on fire and feel like I'm going crazy.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
I screwed up eleven months into my quit last time. Threw away eleven months and went back to a can a day almost immediately. Today's day one and I won't cave this time.
I'm guessing you failed because you quit posting roll. So get back in there, post roll, swap numbers or whatever you have to do. Read the Tom  Jenny Kern story again. There is no way you could have failed if you had taken this seriously. C'mon, bro. You're better than that.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Wedge
I screwed up eleven months into my quit last time.  Threw away eleven months and went back to a can a day almost immediately.  Today's day one and I won't cave this time.
Oh really?

And we believe you because....

1. How did you fail?
2. Why did you fail?

3. What are you going to do to keep from failing again? (hint: 42 posts is not a good number)
It's been 15 min, you haven't posted roll yet in December. That would be a good first start.
Greg posted roll but got bumped, i saw the bump but got sidetracked with my day job.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
I screwed up eleven months into my quit last time.  Threw away eleven months and went back to a can a day almost immediately.  Today's day one and I won't cave this time.
Oh really?

1. How did you fail?
2. Why did you fail?

3. What are you going to do to keep from failing again? (hint: 42 posts is not a good number)
It's been 15 min, you haven't posted roll yet in December. That would be a good first start.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
I screwed up eleven months into my quit last time. Threw away eleven months and went back to a can a day almost immediately. Today's day one and I won't cave this time.
Oh really?

1. How did you fail?
2. Why did you fail?

Offline greg2011

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
You will be fine. We have all been where you are. That is the magic of this place. Everything you will go through has been documented and people will fall over themselves to help you if you ask.

And.... you have a GREAT name.

Offline grimace8777

• Quitter
  • Interests: Rock Climbing, Running, Fathering
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
You are going to be ok man trust me. Something that helps me is everytime I have a cravings I make myself take 5 minutes and I come to this site, read some stories, check out the mouth cancer photos this helps me very much I always end up calming down after that. Stay strong it will get better.

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
You are doing great. Look at it this way, you made it through law school, passed the Bar, and you are now an attorney. You've got the will to quit, just like all those other great accomplishments. Just post roll today, and then keep your promise today, and then do it over again tomorrow. PM if you need anything.
Quit Date - 12/17/2010
Hall of Fame - 03/26/2011
Hall of Fame Speech - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4546

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
You are going to get through this by following Ready's links, posting roll early everyday, keeping that promise for 24 hours, then repeating. Don't worry about tomorrow or the next few days, just concentrate on right now.

Read everything you can here, HOF speeches, Words of Wisdom, the old quit groups......everything. Most of all, shout if you need anything....you will get more help than you imagine.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
I understand.

Welcome. Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen.
been right where you are.....walked the same path.

Read, read read....you will survive. we have all walked the path you have before you. One foot in front of the other. Crave by crave, day by day, battle by battle.

Celebrate your decision and each victory....they all matter.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
I understand.

Welcome. Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen.