Author Topic: Today's The Day  (Read 2794 times)

Offline greg2011

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Today's The Day
« on: January 01, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
I've been trying to quit for a while and set today as the. At 11:00 pm CST it will be 24 hours since my last dip. I feel INSANE right now. I want to eat, fight, and that other F-word. I'm blaring death metal, dipping that mint stuff that's supposed to make me feel better, and just feel absolutely, inconsolably crazy.

I'm quitting because I've been dipping since I was sixteen and I'm now 27. I began practicing law in October and dipping is not something people really want to see their attorney doing, and my coworkers have made comments. I've been sneaking in my office and shutting the door because I can't go three hours without one. The times I'm in court are awful, especially when I don't get a lunch break to sneak around the corner and get a quick one in. Further, my wife and I are planning to get pregnant this year and I really don't want to have a kid and then get mouth cancer.

Frankly, I have no idea how I'm going to get through these next few days. I've been dipping a can a day since I started law school and now I'm rolling cold turkey.