Author Topic: planning my quit  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: planning my quit
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
Read Wastepanel's post again. Read it daily. That is what you need to know.

Not that I don't agree with the other posts here, because I do. They are challenges. Wastepanel's is the instruction manual.

Now, stop skirting around the issue at hand here. You're an addict, and you'll die a slow, miserable death if you don't quit. That is a fact, and it's about as honest as I can be.

Offline epayne

• Quitter
  • Interests: My beloved Jeep. My fiance's pussy. My fiance. My dog. Chewing gum.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
You strike me as a sally, bcartmell. A pussy, if you will.

I don't think you could quit if your life depended on it. Oh wait, your fucking life does depend in it.

Dump your shit and post roll. Prove me wrong, and I'll quit with you.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
You sound kind of half assed about quitting. Notice I said QUITTING and not STOPPING as you say you need to do.

You're waiting for a can of Jakes to quit? Why? Do it now. I hope you're not putting all your eggs in the fake chew basket. Sure it may help you with the oral fixation part of it, but its not going to be a magic pill for you. There is no magic pill. Its gonna suck ass, you're gonna need more than fake chew to make this shit happen.

You're gonna need balls, you're gonna need to build a hatred for chew/nic, you're gonna need a better attitude, and you're gonna need US.

My advice is to quit planning and just quit. Jump in bro. We got you're back.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
Post roll! Until you do that your not committed to yourself or your February group or any of us. Secret to success-- post roll, post early, keep your word and do the same thing everyday! It's that simple! I'm not saying its not painful or doesn't suck because it is! But you are in really good company that can relate to every rage, crave and trigger that you have! So, POST ROLL!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something but it looks to me like bcartmell is dragging his feet on committing to the quit...

First, his title, "Planning my quit," tells me he hasn't decided to do it, but just thinking about it. He talks about stopping before but not having the desire to continue being quit...and appears to be putting off his quit until he gets a can of fake?

Dude, you have FAILURE written all over this intro.

Of course, it doesn't have to end in failure. First things first, why don't you man up, dump the can you have and start your quit right now instead of "Planning" to quit at some still undetermined time in the (supposedly) near future?

For what it's worth.
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Quote from: bcartmell
I'm new to this forum but not new to dipping. I've chewed for over 10 years. I dip when I study, I dip when I'm bored, I dip when I'm stressed, I dip when I drink, I dip after I work out, I pretty much look for any reason to dip. I've tried quitting before (due to the gf), I actually did pretty well... 2 months until I relapsed then never looked back and continued to dip away.
I made the decision that I need to stop. But I know I'm addicted, the nicotine, the junk in my lip, the relaxation it gives me... It's not going to be easy.
I recently ordered a tin of Jake's mint chew, I'm hoping that helps with the oral fixation, does anyone have any success stories on using that? I hate sunflower seeds by the way.
Anyway that's my introduction, I hope to be able to post about my journey to be dipfree within the next week.
Welcome. Follow everything that Wastepanel said to do. Stay close to the site the next few days. It will help! The Smokey Mountain isn't that bad, you can get it at Walmart or the website. I wasn't a big fan of the Jakes chew. You got this.

Shawn
Why choose to fail when success is an option

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
Quote from: bcartmell
I'm new to this forum but not new to dipping. I've chewed for over 10 years. I dip when I study, I dip when I'm bored, I dip when I'm stressed, I dip when I drink, I dip after I work out, I pretty much look for any reason to dip. I've tried quitting before (due to the gf), I actually did pretty well... 2 months until I relapsed then never looked back and continued to dip away.
I made the decision that I need to stop. But I know I'm addicted, the nicotine, the junk in my lip, the relaxation it gives me... It's not going to be easy.
I recently ordered a tin of Jake's mint chew, I'm hoping that helps with the oral fixation, does anyone have any success stories on using that? I hate sunflower seeds by the way.
Anyway that's my introduction, I hope to be able to post about my journey to be dipfree within the next week.
Welcome aboard man.

Please scroll up and take a look at the salmon colored WELCOME CENTER at the top of your page. It will tell you what we do here, why we do it, and how we do it. Then, once you've digested that, head on over to your quit group (February 2013) and post roll.

We are all familiar with your story because we, too, are addicts. We've all shoved cat turds into our lips from morning to night (and some while we sleep). We've all wanted to quit before and found ourselves fingerbanging a can the next moment. We've all tried to "quit for a girlfriend" (or kids).

Here's the thing: Failure is not an option. Only you can control your actions. That is the only thing in this world that you can control in fact.

You did not have moderate success before. You stopped, and you made the conscious decision to use again. It led you back to being tethered to the can.

The nicotine does not relax you. It feeds your addiction. It makes your body stop the withdrawal process. It has attached itself to every one of your nerve endings so that your first thought is of the drug and the second thought is the true you.

It will take about 3-7 days for the physical dependency to be broken, but we ask that you do this for today and today only. When you wake up tomorrow, hit reset and do it again. Drink lots of water. Avoid caffeine. Double your workouts. Do whatever it takes to stay quit.

Fake snuff is great for quitting. There are two aspects to quitting: physical dependency and oral fixation. Like I said, 3-7 days to break the dependency. However, the oral fixation takes a little longer to break. It's that empty feeling in your lip, and that's a major battle that will eventually be won. Fake snuff is great for those (like myself) that don't want to take on both aspects immediately. I stopped using the fake stuff after a few months and never had any issues.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline bcartmell

planning my quit
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »