Author Topic: It's a New Day  (Read 1372 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: It's a New Day
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Boiler89
Quote from: KingNothing
Welcome Boiler and nice job posting roll. These first few days are going to suck, but luckily all you have to do is quit for the rest of today. You'll wake up tomorrow and have to make another choice, but worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Quit with everything you have just for today. One step at a time, one day at a time.

See you tomorrow on roll. Don't let me down, don't let October down, but most importantly, don't let yourself down. You've got this bro, stick with it.

King
Thanks King - appreciate the support!
You got it. Nice job posting roll early today. How's day 2?
Day 2 has been extremely longÂ…Was really foggy earlier and have had the munchies all day. It was probably one of the least productive days at work I've ever had. But I got through it. May take a nap before heading to the barn for evening choresÂ…either way, day 3 is just around the corner.
Boiler it gets so much better! Keep posting every day and there's no way you can lose. Dip has taken alot from you, now it's time to take back what's yours....freedom! My kids watched me until 206 day's ago and my youngest is 27, what a disgrace! I lost so much time with them I will never get back, don't let it happen to you. This shits hard but when you're really sick of it you can quit! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Boiler89

• Quit Date: 2015-07-21
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
Welcome Boiler and nice job posting roll. These first few days are going to suck, but luckily all you have to do is quit for the rest of today. You'll wake up tomorrow and have to make another choice, but worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Quit with everything you have just for today. One step at a time, one day at a time.

See you tomorrow on roll. Don't let me down, don't let October down, but most importantly, don't let yourself down. You've got this bro, stick with it.

King
Day 2 has been extremely longÂ…Was really foggy earlier and have had the munchies all day. It was probably one of the least productive days at work I've ever had. But I got through it. May take a nap before heading to the barn for evening choresÂ…either way, day 3 is just around the corner.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

King
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Boiler89

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »

King

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »

King
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Boiler89

It's a New Day
« on: July 21, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
About 4 hours ago, I took my last dip out and dumped my Grizzly Straight can. This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time now, as I've been chewing since I was 16. Fast forward ten years, and the nic bitch has me hooked like a dog. For years, I told myself and those around me that I wasn't hookedÂ…but the sad truth, is I was hooked. I only realized that once I started exploring the option of quitting the countless failed attempts via numerous methods (nicotine gum, cold turkey, hypnosis, etc.) Hell, once I had even been quit for 3 months but caved into pressures from work-at the time I didn't think I was strong enough without "one last dip." Each time I have tried to quit, I have only partially wanted to quit. Most of my quits have mainly been influenced by my partner. Not myself. This time, I am quitting for me. For my health. For my independence. For my freedom. This time, I am fully engaged in my quit and rid myself of this disgusting addiction. So that I may one day be able to grow old and live to see another day. For now, I am taking this quit one day at a time.