Author Topic: So...I'm new here...Hi?  (Read 2321 times)

Offline gifty

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-04-08
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So...I'm new here...Hi?
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 10:09:00 PM »
Quote from: SuperDave9000
Quote from: gifty
Quote from: skolvikings
Day 19 - Decided to try giving this journaling thing a shot. I never was much for keeping a journal before so I don't much know what to say. I didn't really experience any new issues or craves or anything like that today, but did notice that my jaw and teeth sensitivity is really starting to improve. It was never all that bad, but I think my body is starting to normalize and function like it should.

It's still early in the evening, but I had a good productive day. Worked until about 3:00 then came home and spread some mulch and cleaned up some debris in the yard. Yard work is rough without a dip still, so I am suffering through some Smokie Mountain. I'm not a fan of the taste or feeding the habit of having something in my lip so I think I'm getting close to throwing that in the trash as well. After spending the last few weeks here, it almost feels like cheating when I throw in the fake stuff. I'll try switching over to gum or something and see how that goes.

One little story and I'll be on my way...I used to always buy my chew from the same gas station and there was a little old lady behind the counter nearly every time I'd go. She'd have a log of Cope Wintergreen waiting for me when I got to the counter. I was clearly a regular. Well, I stopped for gas tonight and went in to grab a Gatorade. There she was when I walked in the door. I grabbed my drink and walked up to the counter to see that canned up sleeve of manure waiting for me. I looked her in the eye and said, "I won't be needing that, I quit!" and she walked out from behind the counter and gave me a big hug. It's the little things that remind me how much I had to lose, and how much there still is to gain.

Much love to anyone who stumbles across this.
That's a big fucking win right there......

I used my corner store to strengthen my accountability also...

Told my regular lady to kick me square in the nuts if I EVER ask for a can of Kodiak...

Keep winning brother....
Your support is much appreciated. There's no doubt in my mind that I'm quit for life. Everytime I log on here, it all gets a little easier.

I'll have to relay that message to my former dip genie. If I ever ask for anything behind the counter, it's time to bring the pain on the family jewels.
Kick in the nuts at the convenience store is hilarious to me:

After the whole relapse goes down she's having to explain to her boss "He told me to, and I quote, kick me square in the nuts, it's just customer service. I just kicked him in the nuts as hard as I could, he paid for the Kodiak and left, it was the craziest shit I ever saw"

"Tammy, you're fired..."
"Damn it Tammy, we talked about the nut shots how many times?!?!" KTC saving lives but ruining convenience store careers. A trade-off I'm willing to buy into.

Offline SuperDave9000

• Quitter
  • Interests: Freedom, Pinball, Nature, Sailing, Sobriety
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
Day 19 - Decided to try giving this journaling thing a shot. I never was much for keeping a journal before so I don't much know what to say. I didn't really experience any new issues or craves or anything like that today, but did notice that my jaw and teeth sensitivity is really starting to improve. It was never all that bad, but I think my body is starting to normalize and function like it should.

It's still early in the evening, but I had a good productive day. Worked until about 3:00 then came home and spread some mulch and cleaned up some debris in the yard. Yard work is rough without a dip still, so I am suffering through some Smokie Mountain. I'm not a fan of the taste or feeding the habit of having something in my lip so I think I'm getting close to throwing that in the trash as well. After spending the last few weeks here, it almost feels like cheating when I throw in the fake stuff. I'll try switching over to gum or something and see how that goes.

One little story and I'll be on my way...I used to always buy my chew from the same gas station and there was a little old lady behind the counter nearly every time I'd go. She'd have a log of Cope Wintergreen waiting for me when I got to the counter. I was clearly a regular. Well, I stopped for gas tonight and went in to grab a Gatorade. There she was when I walked in the door. I grabbed my drink and walked up to the counter to see that canned up sleeve of manure waiting for me. I looked her in the eye and said, "I won't be needing that, I quit!" and she walked out from behind the counter and gave me a big hug. It's the little things that remind me how much I had to lose, and how much there still is to gain.

Told my regular lady to kick me square in the nuts if I EVER ask for a can of Kodiak...

Keep winning brother....
Your support is much appreciated. There's no doubt in my mind that I'm quit for life. Everytime I log on here, it all gets a little easier.

I'll have to relay that message to my former dip genie. If I ever ask for anything behind the counter, it's time to bring the pain on the family jewels.
Kick in the nuts at the convenience store is hilarious to me:

After the whole relapse goes down she's having to explain to her boss "He told me to, and I quote, kick me square in the nuts, it's just customer service. I just kicked him in the nuts as hard as I could, he paid for the Kodiak and left, it was the craziest shit I ever saw"

"Tammy, you're fired..."

Offline gottadoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 5/5/2017
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »

Keep winning brother....

I stayed away from my usual c-store long enough and luckily they have turned over the whole staff. Now if I go in to get a soda or something else, I don't get asked if I want my normal can of Kodiak or the one lady who would have it waiting at the register for me without me even asking.

Keep up the great work gifty!!!
"Get Busy Quittin' or Get Busy Dying"

My Introduction

My HOF Speech

Offline gifty

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 06:14:00 PM »

Keep winning brother....

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 979
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 06:10:00 PM »

Keep winning brother....
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline gifty

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 05:40:00 PM »

Offline gifty

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 06:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
One thing I reccomend....And take your time because I didnt do it until 70s....a daily journal with observations. A lot of us do it
I'll definitely give that a shot. Feel free to stop by any time.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
One thing I reccomend....And take your time because I didnt do it until 70s....a daily journal with observations. A lot of us do it

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 03:47:00 PM »
Thanks for support today on fishing fears. YOU HELPED ME. Stay quit one day at a time.
Little late to respond but I'm always glad to help. It makes it easier when I understand the triggers all too well. Stay quit bud, glad to be quit with you.
Nothing is too late, we text enough regardless

Offline gifty

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 03:15:00 PM »
Thanks for support today on fishing fears. YOU HELPED ME. Stay quit one day at a time.
Little late to respond but I'm always glad to help. It makes it easier when I understand the triggers all too well. Stay quit bud, glad to be quit with you.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
Hey man, keep up the good work.

Exercise, water, eat well...keep posting.....be a student in this addiction we all have.

The best things are all in front of you....check my intro link below....I write things down there to share experiences....the more you utilize this site and the learnings it provides and leverage the experience of those that are fighting every day with you....you will win, every day, one day at a time, ODAAT

DOOFUS (DAVE) STAY QUIT BRO, PM ME DIGITS, IM ALWAYS HERE. MY digits are in your Inbox.

Offline gifty

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »
Quote from: BrianG
Welcome gifty!! Glad you have decided to quit. read all you can on this site. lots of good help and lots of good stuff to keep your mind off of dipping. Proud to quit with You!! My number is in your inbox. Get those numbers and build that wall of accountability. Burn all boats and lets get to quitting!!
Appreciate those digits! I've got a strong support system at home as well as with my new found family here.

Offline gifty

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 07:14:00 PM »
Quote from: dundippin
Gifty,

Welcome to the group. We all have our reasons to quit but yours seem extremely compelling.

Here are some words of wisdom I like to share:

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially on your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you cannot focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 939
Awesome advice from start to finish. I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me, it means the world. I'll never understand addiction but I'm glad I've found a great place to beat it into submission. Stay quit my friend.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »
Welcome gifty!! Glad you have decided to quit. read all you can on this site. lots of good help and lots of good stuff to keep your mind off of dipping. Proud to quit with You!! My number is in your inbox. Get those numbers and build that wall of accountability. Burn all boats and lets get to quitting!!
He who has a why can bear almost any how.