Author Topic: the quit: day 2  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: the quit: day 2
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Quote from: kavatron87
My last chew was late at night and right before bed on April 7. I made it through all day yesterday with no chew and it felt good. The cravings came later at night and I didnt even acknowledge what I wanted. So far, this morning feels strange without my lip buddy, but I dont miss him. Whenever I want one I just glance at my son and remember how much more time and money ill have for him with no dip. Feels good bros.
Hey Kev. Three days is huge! Keep posting roll. You can do this and we are all here to support you. You are coming through the fog and nic is about to leave your system. Stay vigilant and take one day at a time.
I hope you are realizing that your "lip buddy" is not a buddy at all but a nasty whore that lies to you, takes your money and convinces you to commit suicide every day. If that was my buddy, I'd kick him in the nuts!
PM me if you need anything.
Quit with you.
Doc
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 11:45:00 PM »
Glad to have you here. Reach out to some people and exchange phone numbers. It helps to have someone to text that knows what you're going through when you get a craving.

Like others have said, read and read some more. Get involved here. Keep posting in your intro to continue to let everyone know how you're doing. Encourage others. It's a big help to remind you of what you're doing and why you're doing it.

This forum is only as helpful as you allow it to be.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Posted roll and will back tomorrow to do the same. Starting a 12 hour shift now! Its gonna take some coffee.
Great job. Be careful with your coffee intake. Keep in mind that nicotine somewhat suppressed the affects of coffee. It will take half as much now to do the same job. To much and you'll be bouncing off the walls. Quit with you bro.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline kavatron87

• Interests: Hockey, baseball, football, basketball, fantasy football, video games, and movies.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Posted roll and will back tomorrow to do the same. Starting a 12 hour shift now! Its gonna take some coffee.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »
kavatron, glad to have you on board. I admire that you look at your son as a reminder to why you're here. This may sound selfish, maybe downright rude, but hear me outÂ…this quit is about 1 person, you. I think you may already know that, but I just want to re-iterate that. Your son can most certainly be a reminder of the importance of your quit and why you are here, but the act of quitting and the reason for your quit needs to be and always be about who's number 1. And when it comes to the quit, #1 is you. Always.

Now, read up on this site and get your name on the July roll call. Make that daily promise to not use nicotine for that day and do whatever it takes to not use nicotine for that day. The following dayÂ…repeat. Do this indefinitely. We'll be doing it right there with you and we are here to lean on should you ever find yourself in a position where you may compromise your daily promise. Quit with you.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 12:07:00 PM »
Two days is HUGE!!! But it is just the beginning. Keep it up, brotha!

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
My last chew was late at night and right before bed on April 7. I made it through all day yesterday with no chew and it felt good. The cravings came later at night and I didnt even acknowledge what I wanted. So far, this morning feels strange without my lip buddy, but I dont miss him. Whenever I want one I just glance at my son and remember how much more time and money ill have for him with no dip. Feels good bros.
You will be part of the July 2014 Quit Group.

Listen to what people will be telling you. It's gonna suck, then it won't.

Read, read , and read some more. Learn how to Post Roll. It is what makes this work.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Welcome. Have you posted roll? Make sure you read all three pinned posts on the top of this page. Read and learn about your addiction. This group of quitters and addicts can help you save your own life if you let them. Follow the program EDD.

Quit on

Offline kavatron87

• Interests: Hockey, baseball, football, basketball, fantasy football, video games, and movies.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »

Offline kavatron87

the quit: day 2
« on: April 09, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »