Author Topic: My quit begins  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My quit begins
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
Didn't see your name on Roll Call? If you need help, just ask. You can also contact send a PM to someone who did post roll, tell them to post for you and ask how they did it? You can also get digits, call them and tell them to post for you, and ask how they did it. You can also post a message to the moderators in this thread and someone will be in contact with you.

The point is that there is no excuse for no posting roll. If I can learn to do it, ANYONE can...because I'm stooooopid (5 o's). In fact, I'm so stupid I'm surprised I could remember to buy a can. I guess that nicotine really is a powerful drug!!! HA

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 06:25:00 AM »
Pumped you began your quit Mark! Proud to quit with you today, and Every Damn Day, One Day At A Time.
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »
This is a journey my friend and the road becomes awful narrow at times! Just when you think the road may end a friend is here to show you the way! Driving alone we seem to get tired lonely and bored but here you can always find someone to ride with you! So post roll grab a friend and enjoy the journey to freedom everyday without the nic is a victory my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Markymark51
Today marks the new beginning of my quit. Anything and everything will be helpful. Still can't figure out how to join a quit group so some help would be nice. Thanks all!
You posted in the roll, and we'll get you on today. That's all that matters. You'll settle into how to do it.

The same will happen on your quit. Right now, it's gonna suck. But that's ok because something earned is way better than something given. There is no magic cure to this addiction. It's a moment by moment battle. But every moment that you stay off that nasty shit...VICTORY!!!

(1) Drink water. Lots and lots of water.-You want to push the poison from your system so you can begin healing. You can't heal until you're nicotine free. Water helps that happen faster. If you can walk past a bathroom without going, you're not drinking enough.

(2) Limit your caffeine initially. You'll be jittery enough, and the stuff is potent to new quitters. Trust me...you won't need it these first few days but you will need sleep. Abstain from alcohol as well. It lowers your inhibitions and sets you up to make stupid mistakes. You can't afford that right off the bat.

(3) Learn how to post roll.

(4) Read every thing you can here. We have a library of knowledge that nobody else has.

(5) Make friends. We have an active membership that is willing to help you out simply because you said "I quit." Grab hold of one of your brothers and help when you can as well. It's fulfilling to your quit. Give when you can. Take when you need to.

(6) Enjoy. You can do this man. The good will outweigh the bad. I promise.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Janedoe

• Quit Date: 2015-02-06
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Markymark51
Today marks the new beginning of my quit. Anything and everything will be helpful. Still can't figure out how to join a quit group so some help would be nice. Thanks all!
Congrats,
Almost quit before getting started cause posting roll when you need nic is maddening but can be done. Just keep at it, you can do it. I am new, just 3 days out. You will be in May quit group. topic/10927055/167/#new

Offline TonyFlynn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-15
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 05:46:00 AM »
good job Markymark51! Best decision of your life right here. Just make sure you post in your roll call every day. Like he mentioned above, drink lots of water and keep some alternatives. I read that a craving only last 2 or 3 minutes but your mind makes it feel like a lot longer. Embrace it! Get on here an read when it hits. Just keep in mind that every time you refuse to cave to your craves that you win a battle that makes it easier to continue.

Offline Stat

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 03:54:00 AM »
In my signature should be links to videos on how to post roll. The next few days are key for you. Drink water, have alternatives (gum, seeds, mints, fake dip, whatever), and when you need to, distract yourself by reading material here. My signature also has link to long and technical article about what nicotine does to us.

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 01:18:00 AM »
Read up on forum/55560/, you will be in the May 2015 group, if you wish to kick this nic addiction.
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline Markymark51

• Quit Date: 2015-02-09
My quit begins
« on: February 09, 2015, 01:09:00 AM »