Author Topic: Life saver  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Turnbow82

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Life saver
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Welcome! Glad your hubs quit! I'm here with him! I am quit too. 126 days of it. So happy I did it, and so is my wife and unborn child! He needs to come here every day! Chat, post roll, etc. It helped me immensely! Another tid bit of advice. You may limit your time on here. I don't think I would have liked it if my wife was on here chatting with the guys that "I" needed. I used this as my personal time to cope with what I was going through and the guys on here that were going through it were great. I liked to go home and share the stories of what I did on the site that day with my wife, not have her share with me. Just a tip. He may be different. Glad youre being so supportive though because he will need it!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
FishinDipShit

I urge everyone to show this new quitter a warm welcome. Hell if not for me then do it for him or the Mrs.

Thanks,
Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Glad to hear he signed up. What's his screen name? Dude's gotta get involved and make some waves.

Your story hit home with me. Mr. Shelton was in the EXACT same situation I was in before finding this place. I stopped nicotine, then started back without Mrs. Rad knowing. Then a few months later I quit, and she had no idea what was going on. I was avoiding her and the kids, had a real short temper, and just generally being a jackass at home. I believe she thought I was having an affair or something. I remember the two of us sitting at the kitchen table with her almost in tears one evening. I found KTC, came clean with my wife, and she has walked this path with me ever since. She's had some dang cool ideas to help celebrate the milestones, too.

I'm gonna shoot you a PM. You or Mr. Shelton hit me up if you want. I'll be glad to help. Might even pull some input from Mrs. Rad if you need em.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 01:25:00 AM »
Awesome, glad to hear Mr. Shelton signed up. Thanks for coming here Mrs. Shelton to support as well. He's in very good hands on this forum for sure, you want great guys who will pull you through this, that's what we got here.

Offline mrsshelton

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 08:28:00 PM »
He signed up earlier. Thank you guys so much! I know he's in good hands and I will be Herr every step of the way to help him!

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
Wow. Coolest wife ever. My wife ranks up ther but you take the cake. I can understand your husbands reluctance to not wanting to join a group. A mans pride gets in the way of a lot of things. Not asking for help can kill a person.

Get him on here, make him swallow his pride and lets get this man on the quitters road. Its a long, slippery road but we walk it together.
EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
You can hand him the kool aid but he must drink it.

Get him on here and we will take good care of him.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Wow you have got to be one of the coolest wives I know of. Applejack is right we can only help if he comes on to be a part of this. Your continued support would also be great. If I may recommend reviewing the spousal support section on the main site.

Other than that have Mr. Shelton put his big boy pants on and come quit with us.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »
Darlin'... it's absolutely awesome you came here to support your husband and help him along the way! However, you gotta get HIM on here and tapping into the KTC way. You can do all you can for him but unless he does this for himself it's all a big failure. Your support in his effort to quit will be essential but, I repeat, he's gotta take that step and get here himself. He'll find open arms and total understanding. We've all been there. We know how hard this will be. We also know how rewarding this will be. I am pm'ing you my number... Contact me for any info/help you might need. Look in your Inbox(1) for it...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline mrsshelton

Life saver
« on: October 21, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
I just want to thank everyone on here. Just yesterday I came across this forum and the stories hit me hard. February of this year my husband decided to quit chewing but I think he might of quit for me not so much himself. He was only quit for a month before going back to the chew. He hid his addiction for 5 months. Until 3 weeks ago when he told me. I was very upset but I know and understand he is an addict. Yesterday I sent him the link to this site and I broke down and told him I didn't want to see him on his death bed or have to explain to our baby why her daddy is not longer here. And I also told him that no matter what I was gonna stand by his side. Today he called me and told me he threw all his chew away and he wants to quit because he doesn't want to miss out on seeing our baby grow up. The difference between last time and this time is that I can tell he wants to do it for himself. I thank everything and everyone on here for all the information and the stories. My husband is quit today.Let's help him stay quit. He's only 20 years old.