Author Topic: Life saver  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Life saver
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Quote from: mrsshelton
I couldn't be any happier or proud of my husband. I am so happy and proud that he decided don't quit and take his life back. It makes me wanna jump for joy to know that instead of him living one day less he is living a day more. I am so glad I came across your site and that I was able to show my husband and know he's not the only one struggling with this. Thanks to everyone. :D
Thank you ma'am for being an awesome spouse. The support you have displayed is incredible and encouraging. I look forward to seeing your continued PDS Public Displays of Support.

Keep it up and keep him grounded is all that I ask in return. He is becoming a giver as well on here.

You should be very proud of him.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline mrsshelton

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
I couldn't be any happier or proud of my husband. I am so happy and proud that he decided don't quit and take his life back. It makes me wanna jump for joy to know that instead of him living one day less he is living a day more. I am so glad I came across your site and that I was able to show my husband and know he's not the only one struggling with this. Thanks to everyone. :D

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
Good grief, sorry I was late getting back to you. Work had me tied up. I alread sent a PM saying basically what these guys said. Sorry I was late.

Smokey Mountain...... whew, I'm glad that was what you meant!!!

Quit on.....

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
What about Smokey mountain?  He wants to use that.
That is a great alternative, however the original or straight flavor is less than desirable IMHO. He could get Wintergreen at any local Wal-Mart (Hell-Mart)

Here is a link to alternatives/fake dips:
Smokeless Alternatives
But does it have nicotine?
No it does not contain Nicotine. It is a safe alternative and is widely used by quitters here, Including myself.
Mrs shelton,, just wanted to explain in more detail fake vs real. The fake is a great resource for quitters. A quitter has a great deal to overcome when they begin quitting. One of them is the oral fixation of having a chew in their mouth. The fake really helps in the beginning of a quit. In time the battle your husband is facing will get easier and putting down the fake will not be a problem. We are addicted to the nicotine in the poison/tobacco/chew not the can its self. Rest assured that after time your husband will be able to put down the fake without difficulty.

I used the fake for about 40 days and never looked back. It was really easy to get rid of. We always say on ktc,, use whatever you need to use to keep the real out. This site is here so that we/addicts of nicotine can begin recovering from one of the most addictive drugs known to man. NICOTINE!! The rest will work itself out. I hope this somewhat answers some of your question. Your husband is in the right place. We will not lead him wrong. You will be married to a different person in time. You will love the new mr. shelton.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
That is a great alternative, however the original or straight flavor is less than desirable IMHO. He could get Wintergreen at any local Wal-Mart (Hell-Mart)

Smokeless Alternatives
No it does not contain Nicotine. It is a safe alternative and is widely used by quitters here, Including myself.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »

Smokeless Alternatives
Smokey Mountain doesn't have nicotine. Having tried all three flavors available at Wal-Mart, tell him to get Wintergreen.
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline mrsshelton

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »

Smokeless Alternatives

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
What about Smokey mountain? He wants to use that.

Smokeless Alternatives

Offline mrsshelton

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
What about Smokey mountain? He wants to use that.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: mattyf118
Good morning everyone! I have a question,  so when you're quitting chew is it quitting the tobacco the nicotine or both?  I'm a bit confused..  :blink:
We quit everything here ma'am. The nicotine is what we are addicted too. The tobacco is just the vessel.
Yep, it is both. We are addicted to nicotine. Chew/dip was just our chosen means of ingestion. You will see a lot of people quit chew, only to start smoking, or use nicotine gum for another bunch of years.
Here, we don't mess around. We just fight through the misery with sunflower seeds, fake chew, or some other non nicotine thing to keep our mouth occupied.
We all did it, and FishinDip can do it too.
Thank you for supporting him, and thereby, all of us.
Thank you, I was confused because I asked my husband and he said it's the tobacco and he showed me an alternative butit still had nicotine I asked him if the nicotine was what he was trying to get away from and he said it was the tobacco. So I was thrown off. But now it's clear it's both. Thanks!
He's not using that alternative, is he? That's a no-go around here!!

Cold turkey is the way to go. The "alternatives" aren't alternatives at all. LIke these guys said, just another vessel to continue the addiction. Some of those supposedly taper down, but that does nothing other than prolong the suffering. Your body suffers from a reduced dosage, and then still suffers again when the nicotine is completely removed. Some have used the analogy of removing a band-aid slowly versus quickly.

A wise quitter friend of mine said this, and I keep it handy:
Scowick65:  Whether nicotine dependency was established and/or maintained by being chewed, smoked, drank, snuffed, sprayed, swallowed, sucked, licked or patched, in the end there is only one way out - no nicotine today.
One of the most profound things I've seen.

Offline mrsshelton

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Good morning everyone! I have a question,  so when you're quitting chew is it quitting the tobacco the nicotine or both?  I'm a bit confused..  :blink:
We quit everything here ma'am. The nicotine is what we are addicted too. The tobacco is just the vessel.
Yep, it is both. We are addicted to nicotine. Chew/dip was just our chosen means of ingestion. You will see a lot of people quit chew, only to start smoking, or use nicotine gum for another bunch of years.
Here, we don't mess around. We just fight through the misery with sunflower seeds, fake chew, or some other non nicotine thing to keep our mouth occupied.
Thank you, I was confused because I asked my husband and he said it's the tobacco and he showed me an alternative butit still had nicotine I asked him if the nicotine was what he was trying to get away from and he said it was the tobacco. So I was thrown off. But now it's clear it's both. Thanks!

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »

Offline mrsshelton

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
We quit everything here ma'am. The nicotine is what we are addicted too. The tobacco is just the vessel. [/QUOTE]
Okay thank you! It makes sense now.

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Good morning everyone! I have a question, so when you're quitting chew is it quitting the tobacco the nicotine or both? I'm a bit confused.. :blink:
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline mrsshelton

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Good morning everyone! I have a question, so when you're quitting chew is it quitting the tobacco the nicotine or both? I'm a bit confused.. :blink: