Author Topic: No Time Like the Present  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Swilson

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 62
Re: No Time Like the Present
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
Here to quit with you!

Keep one thing in mind you have never quit before. You merely stopped. Quit is something we do every damn day here! One day a time !!

Offline Probe1957

• Dog's Little Bitch
  • BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Glory hole expert
  • Interests: Cock!!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »
I absolutely agree with everything you have said. I have quit before. Once was for nine months.

This time will be different. I have never quit before with the determination I have now. It is a stupid addiction and I refuse to serve it anymore. I have let the pain of my surgery get me through the pain of nicotine withdrawal. Now all I have is my determination and I hope that is all I will need. I believe I can do this.

Thank you for your comments.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 04:29:00 PM »
I see you posted roll. Don't worry about screwing it up. The only way to screw up roll is by not being on roll.

You are right, coupling the physical fog of withdrawal with the physical pain of your surgery/hospital stay will and has done a lot to mask withdrawal symptoms. Keep in mind that at some point you will be completely recovered from your surgery, and it will be back to life as normal. You'll fall back into your old habits, and nicotine will be right there waiting for you.

You see, you, like me, are addicted to nicotine. And, the mental part of addiction is stronger than the physical part. If you let your guard down, and give nicotine a crease to enter back into your life, you'll be a slave again in no time.

My point - don't underestimate how badly you'll want a dip three months, or a year from now. Those cravings that come out of nowhere, and smack you square between the eyes are very real, and very potent.

Make your promise. Keep your promise. Repeat daily.

Offline Probe1957

• Dog's Little Bitch
  • BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Glory hole expert
  • Interests: Cock!!!
  • Likes Given: 0
No Time Like the Present
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:24:00 AM »
I have been dipping for 40 years, more or less. I canÂ’t figure out what you people are whining about. The easiest thing in the world to do is to quit chewing. I have done it hundreds of times. ?

Long story short, I had heart bypass surgery a week ago today. Between nearly a week in the hospital and a few weeks of pain killers still ahead of me, there is no time like the present. Surely A LOT of the hurdle is behind me