Author Topic: Kicking the habit  (Read 1269 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Kicking the habit
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 11:04:00 AM »
Quote from: ScottDownSouth
Quote from: Quitforsoj
Welcome --- so you are 33
And have been dipping for 1.5 years ?
Give or take a few months, yes, about a year and a half. I can't remember when exactly I started, but that's about how long I have been doing it.
Good job in deciding to quit now Scott! Believe me, 1.5 years can turn into 30 years of slavery in a blink of an eye. You are in the right place. Welcome.

Offline ScottDownSouth

• Quit Date: 2015-04-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
Give or take a few months, yes, about a year and a half. I can't remember when exactly I started, but that's about how long I have been doing it.

Offline Don

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-25
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 11:15:00 PM »
Welcome aboard, SDS. You made a great choice to quit. Many of us here have chewed for a heck of a lot longer than you, but it really doesn't matter. We are addicted to something that is really bad for us. So you got scared - I've been there many times and made empty promises to quit. But here we quit one day at a time. Let's get you through the next few days and you are going to be good to go. Let me know if I can help. Happy to quit with you today!

The Don

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 05:37:00 PM »
Great choice, Mr. Down South!!! Post roll, read and repeat. You got this!

Offline devil6dog

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting big Hockey fan San Jose Sharks and Minnesota college hockey teams. From Minnesota, big Vikings fan.I enjoy playing Ice Hockey as much as I can. I'm marries with two children and 2 grand children
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »
Hey Scott,

sent you a Pm and my Number. Use it anytime brother. The next few days are going to really suck, but thats ok, you will get through it.

Todd

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
Hey Scott, welcome to KTC. As you found out, nicotine is a truly evil substance with one goal: to get you to use more nicotine. The unfortunate byproduct is death. Fortunately for you KTC is THE place to knock the nic bitch out, one day at a time. Post roll early, every darn day, and go get involved with your brothers and sisters over in the July 2015 pre-HOF group. Come back here frequently to update us on your progress.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
Man we are ROCKING today...... Welcome SDS.

Congrats on a great decision, and poison knows no age, sex, or time.
Its only goal is to give you a FALSE since of security that is a LIE, while it tries to start one cell going bad, and put you in the grave.

Good to be "Scared Straight". Keeps us focused to give our promise just one day at a time.

Learn to post Roll here today:
topic/11069030/
Instructions are on the list page.

I quit with you today!
Rawls 147
I believe.....

Offline ScottDownSouth

• Quit Date: 2015-04-13
Kicking the habit
« on: April 13, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
Hey all,

I haven't been dipping nearly as long as a lot of people I have seen here, but nevertheless I am hooked on the stuff. I was a "late bloomer" in the dipping world, being 33 years old and starting at the ripe young age of... 31 1/2? Yeah, I began really late when adulthood should've punched me in the face screaming that this was a bad idea. Regardless, a million canker sores and a terrifying lesion (it was pretty large) that randomly appeared has "scared me straight." While I didn't dip for a long period of time like others have here, I did almost go through two cans a day.

So here I am now. I looked at my can of dip this morning, threw it in the trash, along with anything dip related (mud jugs, spitters, random cans that I haven't thrown out), and immediately disposed of said bag. I am here to begin a long, from what I have heard and personally seen, horrible yet rewarding journey. Never quit anything that was addictive, so this will be a first for me.

I want to succeed because I don't want this crap anymore.

See you folks on the forums.