Author Topic: need help quitting  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: need help quitting
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Erussell
I've only been quit for a few days
Only a few days? Don't lessen what you have accomplished. Every day, every minute, is a HUGE victory. Day 1 is hardest. So is day 2, and 3, and every other day. If quitting was easy everyone would do it. The fact that there are 16,000+ members here proves it is difficult and that support is needed.

Even if you were d2, you are a vet to a newbie that just posted d1 and you can help them, maybe better than someone that is 205 days in, because you have a better memory of the war you were in yesterday and were able to walk away from with a victory. Everyone here is quitting for today, same day as everyone else, but some have repeated today's battle a few more times.

Take it ODAAT (one day at a time), quit for today only, repeat tomorrow, and the +1s will rack up. Keep up the fight and keep supporting everyone, new and old, as it strengthens your QUIT.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
I've only been quit for a few days myself and I am in the fog at the moment so all i can tell you is to post roll and join us! people here are a big help. They won't let you bs your way through. They help you quit rather than help you try to quit.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
I'm with the rest of these guys. Get over to August and post up your promise and get your quit going. I will quit with you any day as will any of the other guys  gals on this site.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
Radman gave you all you need to start, now it's up to you to post your word in August and quit. The support offered here is 2nd to none once you jump in. I quit with August today, post roll with them and you'll have the support of all the KTC members at your side.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
You are correct. You are an addict, and you need help. That is true for all of us here. There is much support within these walls, but you gotta make an investment. We can't help you if you aren't here and we know nothing about you. Come on back and drop some details. Tell us what your struggles are. I guarantee you'll find some folks here with the same issues. Those will be the pillars of your quit. You only have one post, so you haven't posted roll yet. Get that done. Click the pink "WELCOME CENTER" tab at the upper left, just below the picture of the bridge. Everything is laid out for you there. If you have questions, shoot me or someone else here a PM by clicking on our screen name.

You've made an excellent decision, and you've found the best website for quitting. Now follow through.

Offline bigj77707

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:12:00 AM »
Welcome Luke,

you are in the right place man! I too was a slave to the can for over 12 years and have recently quit. In fact today is day 25 for me. Sure, its not a long time but it's all about taking it one day at a time.

There's a TON of resources and helpful people with great advice on this site, in fact i'm sure they will reply to you soon as well. If you haven't already, check out the stories  advice on the main page, and then when you're ready, go sign up for the August quit group. I'm with ya man, and together we can kick the can!
I quit on 4-8-13

Offline luke

need help quitting
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »
Ive been chewing for 7yrs an I need help breaking this addicton