Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2311 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Introduction
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: JB65
Hey Brother, Nice job on 1-year!
I trip around the sun dip free - CHECK! Gratz!
Hells yeah! 1 year is a real milestone bro! Most excellent!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »
Quote from: JB65
I trip around the sun dip free - CHECK! Gratz!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1533
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
Heffanator,
It's with great admiration and respect that I congratulate you on third floor status. You have been there through thick and thin for me. I quit with you today and every day.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
Quote from: MNxEngineer314
Congrats on 300 brother!! You are a rock solid quitter and proud to fight alongside this battle with you!! ODAAT
Congratulations on 300 my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4420
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 01:51:00 PM »
Congrats on 300 brother!! You are a rock solid quitter and proud to fight alongside this battle with you!! ODAAT
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 | Comma 3x: 07.11.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline J-Heff

• Quit Pro
  • Do NOT touch my turntable!
  • Quit Date: 5/5/16
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 01:27:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Congrats on 300 Heffe!!
Thank you for the acknowledgment ChickDip!!

See, this is why I am still quit at day 300, brother/sister support. Take all other elements of KTC away and this is the bond that truly keeps us quit. I continue to focus on ODAAT time but these milestones really mean a lot to me. The next 65 days will be building up to my first full year of being nicotine free. In the early days of my quit there was so much encouragement to "get digits" and build relationships. I thought that was weird, I'm a grown ass man and I don't need a bunch of "imaginary internet friends" (as my wife still calls you all!), I just need to post a promise every day. Ha Ha Ha! Little did I know at that time what these relationships would end up really meaning to me, and I have yet to meet any quitter in person yet!!

I do consider myself an avid drinker of the KTC Koolaid. I try to pay forward what I have taken from this site and from those who I have gotten to know. So I tip my hat and throw our a "CHEERS!" to everyone who has helped me and to those I can help!!!!

300 Days, the higher I climb, the clearer the view...............
Trauma-Tizer for Life!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 12:10:00 PM »
Congrats on 300 Heffe!!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Bucky
Quote from: J-Heff
Today is day 176 for me. Two days ago, on day 174, I realized during that day that it was THE day I was going to finally cave. Yes, I just said that. I knew on that very day that it was the one.

Let me explain:

During the course of my 35 years of chewing Cope I stopped numerous times. And looking back it seemed that the longest I went was about 4-5 months (longest I ever remembering being "stopped"). Well, on October 25th it all hit me and I had an absolutely shitty day. The craves were going on all day, I was extremely irritable, I was angry all damn day, and frankly I was a raging ass hole. This was the first day where I truly WANTED a dip, wanting and craving are two different things to me and this scared the hell out of me. I look back at those thoughts right after hitting HOF and wondering what it would be like to go at this quit alone again and not worrying about getting on roll every day. As they say, "that is the addict in you talking", how true it is!

The only way I did get through this memorable day is through my brothers in Quit from August and other I have built a bond with. I didn't realize it at the time but I have been training for that day during my time here with KTC. Sort of like training where when you have to take swift action your training instincts take over. I got on the forum and supported other brothers and quit groups. I texted half of the brothers/sisters that I share digits with. I went back to basics and drank a shit-load of H2O, devoured a bag of seeds. All of these things I've learned here at KTC.

So to who ever may come across this rambling, new quitter or vet. DONT FOR A FUCKING SECOND TAKE WHAT WE DO HERE FOR GRANTED. Because if I would have, my cave date would have been October 25th, 2016.
Somehow I found my way to the Introductions page today. Great job using your resources here ... that's what this site is for.

Just a heads up ... know that if you would have/do cave ... I will drive across this great state and kick your ass.
Good on you for using what you learned! I am happy I read this post, it makes my quit stronger!
Brother, the line about "training for that day" hit the nail on the head. I need to remember that.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Bucky
Today is day 176 for me. Two days ago, on day 174, I realized during that day that it was THE day I was going to finally cave. Yes, I just said that. I knew on that very day that it was the one.

Let me explain:

During the course of my 35 years of chewing Cope I stopped numerous times. And looking back it seemed that the longest I went was about 4-5 months (longest I ever remembering being "stopped"). Well, on October 25th it all hit me and I had an absolutely shitty day. The craves were going on all day, I was extremely irritable, I was angry all damn day, and frankly I was a raging ass hole. This was the first day where I truly WANTED a dip, wanting and craving are two different things to me and this scared the hell out of me. I look back at those thoughts right after hitting HOF and wondering what it would be like to go at this quit alone again and not worrying about getting on roll every day. As they say, "that is the addict in you talking", how true it is!

The only way I did get through this memorable day is through my brothers in Quit from August and other I have built a bond with. I didn't realize it at the time but I have been training for that day during my time here with KTC. Sort of like training where when you have to take swift action your training instincts take over. I got on the forum and supported other brothers and quit groups. I texted half of the brothers/sisters that I share digits with. I went back to basics and drank a shit-load of H2O, devoured a bag of seeds. All of these things I've learned here at KTC.

So to who ever may come across this rambling, new quitter or vet. DONT FOR A FUCKING SECOND TAKE WHAT WE DO HERE FOR GRANTED. Because if I would have, my cave date would have been October 25th, 2016.
Somehow I found my way to the Introductions page today. Great job using your resources here ... that's what this site is for.

Just a heads up ... know that if you would have/do cave ... I will drive across this great state and kick your ass.
Good on you for using what you learned! I am happy I read this post, it makes my quit stronger!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Bucky

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-29
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 11:16:00 AM »

Let me explain:

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
Fucking beautiful man! Good for you. Love this post

Days 100-200 were as hard for me as any days man. You are doin great.

Get back into intros and help mentor a newbie. That helps build your quit to

Proud to be quit with you today

Offline J-Heff

• Quit Pro
  • Do NOT touch my turntable!
  • Quit Date: 5/5/16
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »

Let me explain:

Trauma-Tizer for Life!

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 10:16:00 AM »
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Congratulations on hof!!!
Nice Job J-Hef on HOF brother!

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Congratulations on hof!!!
My Intro
My HOF Speech