Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2312 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Introduction
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »
That my friend was poetry to my ears! Damn proud to be quit with you and my number is a pm away!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »
Congrats dude! Welcome!

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »
Quote from: KennyZ
Quote from: J-Heff
IÂ’m on my 21st day of my quit and thought it was about time to post my intro.
I am a nicotine addict.
The first time I tried a dip was when I was about 20 yrs old. Can hardly remember that far back and am not sure exactly when it became a “necessity” in my life. After 30+ (big +!) years addicted to nicotine  chew, I recently made a “decision” to stop killing myself. I have tried to quit in the past but failed quickly every time, usually a month into it at the longest. Like most of you I searched the internet for any information that could help me and found KTC. IÂ’m sure I donÂ’t need to tell anyone what that one instant has meant to me.
The moment I truly believed that I could really quit was the moment I REALIZED that I was and ADDICT, I learned this from KTC. Until you realize this, you will not be ready to commit. That was it and I’m not embarrassed to admit it. My wife of 30 years supports my quit but is extremely skeptical (with good reason) that I will make it stick this time. Although she has said, “there IS something different about you this time”. The difference is YOU KTC brotherhood and there literally is NO reason why I would ever need to stuff that poison in my face again. Time will prove it.
For any new quitter reading this, DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE IMPORTANCE OF POSTING ROLL CALL EVERY DAMN DAY. It is the thread that keeps us all quit together. My first weekend into my quit I failed to post. Thought it was OK because I “would be back”. THAT, I LEARNED IS BULL SHIT. Post EDD no matter what. You will see many times in print that “KTC saved my life”, if you let it, it will save your life.
The entire August group helped me get through my first 21 days and I know I can count on them from here on out. I will definitely need their help EDD. I am not a constant poster but go to KTC as often as I can especially when craving. All of the fucked up rolls keep me reminded that there are a bunch of humans here! Messed up roll is funny as shit, except when I do it (daily)!
To the “Vets”, I’ve only begun my journey, but I already realize what you bring to KTC and how important it is to the rest of the quitters. I know I can count on you to call me out if I fuck something up.
For now I remain an addict as I always will be. The difference in my life is that I have all of you for support. I Quit with you.

Thanks for reading!
Welcome! Keep up the great work.
Great work! J-Heff!
Stay active and ingrain yourself in KTC, and pay it forward to new quitters!
See you around
Idaho Spuds

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 346
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:43:00 PM »
Quote from: J-Heff
I am a nicotine addict.
The first time I tried a dip was when I was about 20 yrs old. Can hardly remember that far back and am not sure exactly when it became a “necessity” in my life. After 30+ (big +!) years addicted to nicotine  chew, I recently made a “decision” to stop killing myself. I have tried to quit in the past but failed quickly every time, usually a month into it at the longest. Like most of you I searched the internet for any information that could help me and found KTC. IÂ’m sure I donÂ’t need to tell anyone what that one instant has meant to me.
The moment I truly believed that I could really quit was the moment I REALIZED that I was and ADDICT, I learned this from KTC. Until you realize this, you will not be ready to commit. That was it and I’m not embarrassed to admit it. My wife of 30 years supports my quit but is extremely skeptical (with good reason) that I will make it stick this time. Although she has said, “there IS something different about you this time”. The difference is YOU KTC brotherhood and there literally is NO reason why I would ever need to stuff that poison in my face again. Time will prove it.
For any new quitter reading this, DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE IMPORTANCE OF POSTING ROLL CALL EVERY DAMN DAY. It is the thread that keeps us all quit together. My first weekend into my quit I failed to post. Thought it was OK because I “would be back”. THAT, I LEARNED IS BULL SHIT. Post EDD no matter what. You will see many times in print that “KTC saved my life”, if you let it, it will save your life.
The entire August group helped me get through my first 21 days and I know I can count on them from here on out. I will definitely need their help EDD. I am not a constant poster but go to KTC as often as I can especially when craving. All of the fucked up rolls keep me reminded that there are a bunch of humans here! Messed up roll is funny as shit, except when I do it (daily)!
To the “Vets”, I’ve only begun my journey, but I already realize what you bring to KTC and how important it is to the rest of the quitters. I know I can count on you to call me out if I fuck something up.
For now I remain an addict as I always will be. The difference in my life is that I have all of you for support. I Quit with you.

Thanks for reading!
Welcome! Keep up the great work.

Offline J-Heff

• Quit Pro
  • Do NOT touch my turntable!
  • Quit Date: 5/5/16
  • Likes Given: 67
Introduction
« on: May 25, 2016, 01:41:00 PM »
I am a nicotine addict.

Thanks for reading!
Trauma-Tizer for Life!