Author Topic: NozzleHead Introduction  (Read 2083 times)

Offline NozzleHead

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-28
  • Interests: Spending time with the wife and my dogs. Fire and Rescue.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NozzleHead Introduction
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
Very true. I guess it had me clouded, and tricked me into thinking it was a hobby. 4 days into it today,though. Hasn't been AS hard as I thought.....yet. But I have been pretty busy. Cravings come and go. Fake and chewing on plastic keeps me occupied when they do.lol 'dance'
Honor, Respect, Devotion

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 07:03:00 AM »
Quote from: slug.go
One change to your thinking. Dipping isnÂ’t a hobby, itÂ’s an addiction. Addictions kill, hobbies entertain, they pass time. Addictions kill the time you have left on earth.
^^^^^ So very true. Great catch and post slug.go

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
One change to your thinking. Dipping isnÂ’t a hobby, itÂ’s an addiction. Addictions kill, hobbies entertain, they pass time. Addictions kill the time you have left on earth.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
Quit one day at a time. Wake up, post roll and promise that you won't use nicotine for any reason that day. If you can be a man of your word for 24 hours then you got this. The next day. Wake up, piss, post roll. Repeat.

Read everything you can get your hands on on this site. Use the live chat options. You are going to feel like shit for a few days. Drink lots of water, chew seeds or gum- anything but nicotine.

Here is why your parents, your sister and your wife want you to quit. They don't want to see you go through this: topic/1008847/1/#new

You got this if you own it. Own your quit.

Quit on.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
Quote from: NozzleHead
Thank you brother! And thank you for reading, I feel like I have lifted some serious weight off of my shoulders!Thank you for the support, and happy quitting!
You will succeed only if YOU want to. Glad you looked up Monster. I will also be watching out for you. Glad to be quit with ya.

Offline NozzleHead

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
Thank you brother! And thank you for reading, I feel like I have lifted some serious weight off of my shoulders!Thank you for the support, and happy quitting!
Honor, Respect, Devotion

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
NozzleHead, thanks for sharing, and congrats on your life-changing decision. I'm sure you are in the fog bad right now - maybe can't see straight, think strait, feel like your heart's going to beat out of your chest, etc. Hang in there and bust through it. By the end of the weekend you will be feeling a whole bunch better. You got this. Quit with you today brother!

Offline NozzleHead

• Quitter
NozzleHead Introduction
« on: August 29, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
Hopefully this post makes sense, I'm on day 2 and i'm guessing i've made my way back into the fog. Here goes nothing.

I began dipping Marlboro Snus in high school, about 5 years ago(yeah I know, that sissy shit). Well, that "sissy shit" led me right into dipping skoal wintergreen pouches...which then led to grizzly wintergreen pouches...all the way up to grizzly wintergreen longcut. I dipped the hell out of that stuff up until two days ago, averaging a can or more a day. My mom begged me to quit,my dad told me I was a fucking Idiot, my sister was heartbroken...And I did'nt care. I had my best friend, the only thing I'd ever need, the only one who could get me through the good and the bad times, that dirty rotten nic bitch. All my friends dip. My crew at the Fire department where I work dips. Dipping was literally my only hobby. The only thing I had an interest in was packing a fatty. When my wife and I started dating, I told her I would quit. I did for a few days, but ended up saying screw it, and dipped behind her back. I evenutually guilted her into letting me dip again, no strings attached. She acted like she was fine with it for awhile, but after a few months she asked me to stop again. This was a revolving door. I would "quit" (as far as she knew) and dip like hell when she wasnt around..Then tell her I needed to start back.REPEAT. Here recently i've been more than looking forward to going to work to get away from her so I could dip all I want, without having to hear any bitching about it. I grew to resent her, to think it was her fault I couldnt be free and do what I wanted, and my demeanor towards her was pretty aggressive at times. My temper was terrible,my fuse was short, and the only thing that could calm me down and bring me back was packing a fatass grizzly wintergreen longcut in my lip. The only thing me and my dip-friends did was dip. We dipped so we could bond(I know that sounds fucking stupid) I happened upon this site a few times a couple months back, never really looked into it or thought anything of it. Then yesterday morning I went out and bought two brand new cans. Withing 25 Minutes, i had already put in and spit out two dips, about to put in my third. I found this website again, and started reading thinking "Hey, I think Im gonna quit, but after these cans are gone" Thats when I read the 100 reasons to quit dipping on the homepage.. I took my unopened can and gave it to my partner..I took the other one,opened the top, and slung that cancer-causing worm dirt bullshit all over the ground. And guess what, I feel super confident in my quit this time. With the support of the people on this site, the great articles, and smokey mountain herbal, I KNOW that I can quit, and remain quit. Because I am stronger than the can. 'Finger'

Thanks guys, Sorry if i rambled, i'm pretty out of it lol.

-NozzleHead
Honor, Respect, Devotion