Author Topic: philh64 intro  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: philh64 intro
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »
Quote from: kevinsravens
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: philh64
Hello all...

My name is Phil, I am a 32 yr old male that has chewed since I was 15 years old.  I grew up working on dairy farm, so every male around me chewed, and I eventually got hooked too.  Once I started playing football in high school, it was the in thing to do amongst the team.

My actual quit date was Feb. 21st, 09.  I just found this site today so that is why I am a few days late posting an intro.

I chewed  mostly snuff ranging from kodiak to copenhagen, and anything similar that happened to be on sale.  I was on about a can a day habit, maybe even more if I was playing in a softball tournament or fishing for the day. 

This is not my 1st attempt at quitting, which usually is the case I suppose.  I tried off and on over the years to no avail.  The most serious attempt I tried I actually quit for about 4 months in 2006.  I used Chantix and was well on my way, I was very proud of myself.  All of a sudden, on Christmas night that year, my wife and I got into a nasty fight (one of several over the few weeks before that).  We made sure my son got to enjoy his christmas but after he went to bed the fight continued.  I had been drinking throughout the day, and I felt like I was going to burst.  Next thing I know late that night I was walking to the local gas station, bought a can, told myself I would only have a dip that night.  Next thing I know I am dipping again "only when drinking."  Then it was more and more, all of a sudden I was back at a can a day.  I was so dissapointed in myself.

Anyways, I am ready to do it for good this time.  I think I learned a lot from my previous attempt that can only help me this time around.  I have cut way back on my beer consumption for the time being as well to help avoid alcohol induced lapses of judgement . 

I have a wife, a 5 yr old boy, and another little one coming in October of 09.  I am the maintenance manager at the company I work for, so stress is a regular part of my job.

My hobbies include hunting, fishing, softball, weight lifting and I am an avid Packer fan.  Problem is that all the above I used to dip while doing them, which is one more obstacle to overcome......learning to do my favorite things without chew.

I am doing this for myself first and foremost, and also so my children dont have to have a father with self induced health problems as they grow up.  I've been doing this for a few days now, and I am determined as ever to stay quit.  The first few days were tough, but the last couple are getting better.  I am using chantix which really takes the edge off, and the fake snuff isnt all that bad.  Drinking lots of water and doubled my excersise time as well to help with the stress. 

Sorry for writing a book, didn't realize how long that was getting.

Thanks in advance for all of your support, and I am glad to meet all of you.
congrats and welcome. . .

your a member of the May '09 HOF Class

Head over there and post roll.

Congrats on your deciscion . . . Today is 395 for me . . . I used some chantix and it helped . . . and I am not a fucking old geezer like some of he guys around here.

Kick back , relax , and get ready for the ride. before you know if the one day at a time mentality will get you to some impressive numbers.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions that you don't want to ask the whoel group.

Post , Post, Post and Read Read Read. Knowledge and Control are powerful things.

Welcome and understand that you are now accountable to more than yourself . . .your accountable to me as well. So show a little love and respect and post roll in May '08 on a Daily basis as well.

Here is the link to

May '09 index.php?showtopic=2084

and

May '08 index.php?showtopic=1179
Welcome Phil.

post roll call every day giving your word of honor that you will not use nicotine in any of it's forms for that day. Keep your word. Do it again tomorrow.

You can do this.
Stop following me . . .your creeping me out
:wub:

Offline kevinsravens

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2008-01-28
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Hello all...

My name is Phil, I am a 32 yr old male that has chewed since I was 15 years old.  I grew up working on dairy farm, so every male around me chewed, and I eventually got hooked too.  Once I started playing football in high school, it was the in thing to do amongst the team.

My actual quit date was Feb. 21st, 09.  I just found this site today so that is why I am a few days late posting an intro.

I chewed  mostly snuff ranging from kodiak to copenhagen, and anything similar that happened to be on sale.  I was on about a can a day habit, maybe even more if I was playing in a softball tournament or fishing for the day. 

This is not my 1st attempt at quitting, which usually is the case I suppose.  I tried off and on over the years to no avail.  The most serious attempt I tried I actually quit for about 4 months in 2006.  I used Chantix and was well on my way, I was very proud of myself.  All of a sudden, on Christmas night that year, my wife and I got into a nasty fight (one of several over the few weeks before that).  We made sure my son got to enjoy his christmas but after he went to bed the fight continued.  I had been drinking throughout the day, and I felt like I was going to burst.  Next thing I know late that night I was walking to the local gas station, bought a can, told myself I would only have a dip that night.  Next thing I know I am dipping again "only when drinking."  Then it was more and more, all of a sudden I was back at a can a day.  I was so dissapointed in myself.

Anyways, I am ready to do it for good this time.  I think I learned a lot from my previous attempt that can only help me this time around.  I have cut way back on my beer consumption for the time being as well to help avoid alcohol induced lapses of judgement . 

I have a wife, a 5 yr old boy, and another little one coming in October of 09.  I am the maintenance manager at the company I work for, so stress is a regular part of my job.

My hobbies include hunting, fishing, softball, weight lifting and I am an avid Packer fan.  Problem is that all the above I used to dip while doing them, which is one more obstacle to overcome......learning to do my favorite things without chew.

I am doing this for myself first and foremost, and also so my children dont have to have a father with self induced health problems as they grow up.  I've been doing this for a few days now, and I am determined as ever to stay quit.  The first few days were tough, but the last couple are getting better.  I am using chantix which really takes the edge off, and the fake snuff isnt all that bad.  Drinking lots of water and doubled my excersise time as well to help with the stress. 

Congrats on your deciscion . . . Today is 395 for me . . . I used some chantix and it helped . . . and I am not a fucking old geezer like some of he guys around here.

Kick back , relax , and get ready for the ride. before you know if the one day at a time mentality will get you to some impressive numbers.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions that you don't want to ask the whoel group.

Post , Post, Post and Read Read Read. Knowledge and Control are powerful things.

Welcome and understand that you are now accountable to more than yourself . . .your accountable to me as well. So show a little love and respect and post roll in May '08 on a Daily basis as well.

Here is the link to

and

Welcome Phil.

post roll call every day giving your word of honor that you will not use nicotine in any of it's forms for that day. Keep your word. Do it again tomorrow.

You can do this.
Stop following me . . .your creeping me out
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
Vince Lombardi

Quit Date 1.28.08

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
Hello all...

Here is the link to

and

Welcome Phil.

You can do this.

Offline kevinsravens

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2008-01-28
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
Hello all...

My name is Phil, I am a 32 yr old male that has chewed since I was 15 years old. I grew up working on dairy farm, so every male around me chewed, and I eventually got hooked too. Once I started playing football in high school, it was the in thing to do amongst the team.

My actual quit date was Feb. 21st, 09. I just found this site today so that is why I am a few days late posting an intro.

I chewed mostly snuff ranging from kodiak to copenhagen, and anything similar that happened to be on sale. I was on about a can a day habit, maybe even more if I was playing in a softball tournament or fishing for the day.

This is not my 1st attempt at quitting, which usually is the case I suppose. I tried off and on over the years to no avail. The most serious attempt I tried I actually quit for about 4 months in 2006. I used Chantix and was well on my way, I was very proud of myself. All of a sudden, on Christmas night that year, my wife and I got into a nasty fight (one of several over the few weeks before that). We made sure my son got to enjoy his christmas but after he went to bed the fight continued. I had been drinking throughout the day, and I felt like I was going to burst. Next thing I know late that night I was walking to the local gas station, bought a can, told myself I would only have a dip that night. Next thing I know I am dipping again "only when drinking." Then it was more and more, all of a sudden I was back at a can a day. I was so dissapointed in myself.

Anyways, I am ready to do it for good this time. I think I learned a lot from my previous attempt that can only help me this time around. I have cut way back on my beer consumption for the time being as well to help avoid alcohol induced lapses of judgement .

I have a wife, a 5 yr old boy, and another little one coming in October of 09. I am the maintenance manager at the company I work for, so stress is a regular part of my job.

My hobbies include hunting, fishing, softball, weight lifting and I am an avid Packer fan. Problem is that all the above I used to dip while doing them, which is one more obstacle to overcome......learning to do my favorite things without chew.

I am doing this for myself first and foremost, and also so my children dont have to have a father with self induced health problems as they grow up. I've been doing this for a few days now, and I am determined as ever to stay quit. The first few days were tough, but the last couple are getting better. I am using chantix which really takes the edge off, and the fake snuff isnt all that bad. Drinking lots of water and doubled my excersise time as well to help with the stress.

Here is the link to

and

The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
Vince Lombardi

Quit Date 1.28.08

Offline philh64

• Quitter
philh64 intro
« on: February 25, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
Hello all...

My name is Phil, I am a 32 yr old male that has chewed since I was 15 years old. I grew up working on dairy farm, so every male around me chewed, and I eventually got hooked too. Once I started playing football in high school, it was the in thing to do amongst the team.

My actual quit date was Feb. 21st, 09. I just found this site today so that is why I am a few days late posting an intro.

I chewed mostly snuff ranging from kodiak to copenhagen, and anything similar that happened to be on sale. I was on about a can a day habit, maybe even more if I was playing in a softball tournament or fishing for the day.

This is not my 1st attempt at quitting, which usually is the case I suppose. I tried off and on over the years to no avail. The most serious attempt I tried I actually quit for about 4 months in 2006. I used Chantix and was well on my way, I was very proud of myself. All of a sudden, on Christmas night that year, my wife and I got into a nasty fight (one of several over the few weeks before that). We made sure my son got to enjoy his christmas but after he went to bed the fight continued. I had been drinking throughout the day, and I felt like I was going to burst. Next thing I know late that night I was walking to the local gas station, bought a can, told myself I would only have a dip that night. Next thing I know I am dipping again "only when drinking." Then it was more and more, all of a sudden I was back at a can a day. I was so dissapointed in myself.

Anyways, I am ready to do it for good this time. I think I learned a lot from my previous attempt that can only help me this time around. I have cut way back on my beer consumption for the time being as well to help avoid alcohol induced lapses of judgement .

I have a wife, a 5 yr old boy, and another little one coming in October of 09. I am the maintenance manager at the company I work for, so stress is a regular part of my job.

My hobbies include hunting, fishing, softball, weight lifting and I am an avid Packer fan. Problem is that all the above I used to dip while doing them, which is one more obstacle to overcome......learning to do my favorite things without chew.

I am doing this for myself first and foremost, and also so my children dont have to have a father with self induced health problems as they grow up. I've been doing this for a few days now, and I am determined as ever to stay quit. The first few days were tough, but the last couple are getting better. I am using chantix which really takes the edge off, and the fake snuff isnt all that bad. Drinking lots of water and doubled my excersise time as well to help with the stress.