Author Topic: Just a quitter.  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Just a quitter.
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: schaef418
Congrats on the 100 bro. Proud to call you my quit brother! Quit on.
QUTSTANDING! Now, do it again!
Nice job Castle! Stop, pause, keep trudging along!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Quote from: schaef418
QUTSTANDING! Now, do it again!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
Happy Birthday, you damn quitter! 'Sing and Drink' 'band' 'party2' 'Birthday'
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Today has been and will remain to be the hardest day of my quit. In fact, while I still had a dirt turd in my mouth, I knew that this would be the hardest day for me. Throughout my entire life I've had throat problems, strep more times than I can count, tonsillitis constantly, random colds, etc. As such, the most recent spell has lasted a good 6 months or so and after a negative strep test I remained unconcerned until the two dreaded symptoms showed up; an earache and difficulty swallowing. There are very few medical conditions that include those two symptoms, with one of them being cancer, so being a chewer naturally I was concerned.

At the core of the problem, I knew I didn't have cancer. I'm too rational, the odds are too low, and I didn't chew enough, but anybody who has those things going on knows that if it has gotten to that point where those specific symptoms arise and it does happen to be cancer, you have likely killed yourself. So I had to get it checked, I knew it would be negative, but I couldn't handle not knowing.

Today I got it checked. I had some awful shit sprayed up my nose, a camera shoved down my throat, received a clean bill of health, and could not be happier. This means I can chew again. I'm perfectly fine so why not?

That was my mindset for a microsecond. You're healthy, have one so you can remember what it's like. But I prepared for this, I knew I was fine and just needed a reason to quit, now I know that reason is that I want to live and having a dip can only result in shortening the amount of time I do so. So regardless of your reason, or its permanence, know that it's worth it because the outcome will always be the extension of your life.
Wow. First, I'm glad you got that checked. Second, I love that resolve in the face of NB trying to throw down on you. This addiction is so messed up like that. "Clean bill of health from the doctor? Great! Let's 'reward' ourselves with a dip!"

Keep on fighting, brother, and be sure to underline this day as you add it to the win column.
Read my intro and you'll see that one of the main reasons I started my quit was because of a persistent throat problem. Sometimes you need to invest in piece of mind, and like yourself, I did this...naso-pharnygeal scope coupled with an MRI to confirm that clean bill. With that piece of mind, hole in my wallet, and memory of said anxiety...my quit is strong as fuck. And day by day I lay more bricks in that foundation to make it stronger.

Be careful however, do not believe the statistics. Odds may be low and your rationality will only go so far. Nicotine doesn't give a fuck about stats and cancer doesn't give a fuck about nicotine, odds, stats, or anything. You keep doing what your doing castle: posting roll, journaling your quit, and dropping your new found knowledge as a quitter.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 06:31:00 AM »
Today has been and will remain to be the hardest day of my quit. In fact, while I still had a dirt turd in my mouth, I knew that this would be the hardest day for me. Throughout my entire life I've had throat problems, strep more times than I can count, tonsillitis constantly, random colds, etc. As such, the most recent spell has lasted a good 6 months or so and after a negative strep test I remained unconcerned until the two dreaded symptoms showed up; an earache and difficulty swallowing. There are very few medical conditions that include those two symptoms, with one of them being cancer, so being a chewer naturally I was concerned.

At the core of the problem, I knew I didn't have cancer. I'm too rational, the odds are too low, and I didn't chew enough, but anybody who has those things going on knows that if it has gotten to that point where those specific symptoms arise and it does happen to be cancer, you have likely killed yourself. So I had to get it checked, I knew it would be negative, but I couldn't handle not knowing.

Today I got it checked. I had some awful shit sprayed up my nose, a camera shoved down my throat, received a clean bill of health, and could not be happier. This means I can chew again. I'm perfectly fine so why not?

That was my mindset for a microsecond. You're healthy, have one so you can remember what it's like. But I prepared for this, I knew I was fine and just needed a reason to quit, now I know that reason is that I want to live and having a dip can only result in shortening the amount of time I do so. So regardless of your reason, or its permanence, know that it's worth it because the outcome will always be the extension of your life.
Wow. First, I'm glad you got that checked. Second, I love that resolve in the face of NB trying to throw down on you. This addiction is so messed up like that. "Clean bill of health from the doctor? Great! Let's 'reward' ourselves with a dip!"

Keep on fighting, brother, and be sure to underline this day as you add it to the win column.

Offline CastleHusky

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-27
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 04:00:00 AM »

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 01:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: MN_Ben
Quote from: CastleHusky
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: gmann
Just over two weeks into this thing and it has been a whirlwind. It truly gets harder each time you give this evil thing up, and I think that is a testament to now being the right time and the last time, for all of us. In the past, I've been in transitional periods in life so I've been too busy to really notice the physical toll that thing takes, but over the last two weeks I've been in the middle of finishing up my last college credits and career searching and it has left my day completely open to feeling like a sorry sack of shit. Being static like that is dangerous and the void has got to be filled with something. Fuck, ever going through that again.

It's kind of funny looking at the intro's from some of the hardened vets barking advice at the sick babies because you get to read that they too felt awful, were terrified of caving, and soaked up any tips that came in only to have risen to a point where all of that has been converted into quit fuel. It's nice to be able to (I realize we're all different) have a timeline for the things I'm going through and where it's going to wind up. At just two weeks, I already feel like I probably possess some useful advice for guys who haven't dumped their last tin yet, and just caring about the quit of someone else is a powerful tool. There is no way I could talk someone into forgoing their future quit plans to quit now, and then be a big enough hypocrite to go and cave. What kind of person would that make me? That's probably why so many of us have so much animosity when someone caves, we heard the same poisonous sales pitch from nicotine, we fought tooth and nail to ignore it, and you deserve to suffer through it too; you haven't earned the right to give up.

Here we are, barely started and the urges are already beginning to drastically diminish. Kind of makes you feel like an idiot for putting quitting off for so long for the fear of how hard it will be. Right away I avoided triggers because I didn't think I could handle it, but lately I have been trying attack every trigger I can head on as often as I can, because it feels great to continuously watch nicotine's lumpy ass sit back down every time I deny her and because the more I face these things the quicker my body will rewire and forget all about mowing the lawn with a fat lip.

Fueled by hatred, not letting my guard down, and going to keep fighting this thing every damn day.
Fantastic post.
That it is.
This is a great great thread.
Just swell.
Great post, Great quit, great quitter..

Keep rockin it Castle, I am loving the way you "hang it out there" and I love this post.. Proud to be quit with you bud.
Hot Damn. That's some good bread right there. Think I might have popped a boner.

Quit on...
really nice work man! Keep on quitting on. One day at a time adds up in a hurry. Ups and downs, but each day of freedom is awesome.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 01:13:00 AM »
Quote from: MN_Ben
Just over two weeks into this thing and it has been a whirlwind. It truly gets harder each time you give this evil thing up, and I think that is a testament to now being the right time and the last time, for all of us. In the past, I've been in transitional periods in life so I've been too busy to really notice the physical toll that thing takes, but over the last two weeks I've been in the middle of finishing up my last college credits and career searching and it has left my day completely open to feeling like a sorry sack of shit. Being static like that is dangerous and the void has got to be filled with something. Fuck, ever going through that again.

It's kind of funny looking at the intro's from some of the hardened vets barking advice at the sick babies because you get to read that they too felt awful, were terrified of caving, and soaked up any tips that came in only to have risen to a point where all of that has been converted into quit fuel. It's nice to be able to (I realize we're all different) have a timeline for the things I'm going through and where it's going to wind up. At just two weeks, I already feel like I probably possess some useful advice for guys who haven't dumped their last tin yet, and just caring about the quit of someone else is a powerful tool. There is no way I could talk someone into forgoing their future quit plans to quit now, and then be a big enough hypocrite to go and cave. What kind of person would that make me? That's probably why so many of us have so much animosity when someone caves, we heard the same poisonous sales pitch from nicotine, we fought tooth and nail to ignore it, and you deserve to suffer through it too; you haven't earned the right to give up.

Here we are, barely started and the urges are already beginning to drastically diminish. Kind of makes you feel like an idiot for putting quitting off for so long for the fear of how hard it will be. Right away I avoided triggers because I didn't think I could handle it, but lately I have been trying attack every trigger I can head on as often as I can, because it feels great to continuously watch nicotine's lumpy ass sit back down every time I deny her and because the more I face these things the quicker my body will rewire and forget all about mowing the lawn with a fat lip.

Fueled by hatred, not letting my guard down, and going to keep fighting this thing every damn day.
Fantastic post.
That it is.
Just swell.

Keep rockin it Castle, I am loving the way you "hang it out there" and I love this post.. Proud to be quit with you bud.
Hot Damn. That's some good bread right there. Think I might have popped a boner.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18:00 AM »

Fantastic post.
That it is.
Just swell.

Offline CastleHusky

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »

Fantastic post.
That it is.
Just swell.
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »

Fantastic post.
That it is.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »

Fantastic post.
That it is.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »

Fantastic post.

Offline CastleHusky

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »
Just over two weeks into this thing and it has been a whirlwind. It truly gets harder each time you give this evil thing up, and I think that is a testament to now being the right time and the last time for all of us. In the past, I've been in transitional periods in life so I've been too busy to really notice the physical toll that this thing takes, but over the last two weeks I've been in the middle of finishing up my last college credits along with career searching and it has left my day completely open to feeling like a sorry sack of shit. Being static like that is dangerous and the void has got to be filled with something. Fuck ever going through that again.

It's kind of funny looking at the intro's from some of the hardened vets barking advice at the sick babies because you get to read that they too felt awful, were terrified of caving, and soaked up any tips that came in, only to have risen to a point where all of that has been converted into quit fuel. It's nice to be able to (I realize we're all different) have a timeline for the things I'm going through and where it's going to wind up. At just two weeks, I already feel like I probably possess some useful advice for guys who haven't dumped their last tin yet, and just caring about the quit of someone else is a powerful tool. There is no way I could talk someone into forgoing their future quit plans to quit now, and then be a big enough hypocrite to go and cave. What kind of person would that make me? That's probably why so many of us have so much animosity when someone caves, we heard the same poisonous sales pitch from nicotine, we fought tooth and nail to ignore it, and you deserve to suffer through it too; you haven't earned the right to give up.